Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

February 2010 Prez Weekend Bike Challenge

Welcome to the 3-day, Team EN February Bike Challenge!!!!

Initially designed to parallel our exploits during the Tour of California Camp, the challenge remains here while the TOC has moved to May! The score keeping starts on SATURDAY 2/13. Full rules and details below. Remember this challenge is open to ANYONE, so please spread the word!

When: February 13th thru the 15th (Holiday Weekend)

Who Can Play: Anyone!

Rules: Earn points by riding how you want over the 3-day weekend, honor system please!

How To Earn Points:

* 1pt = 60' of JRA/z1 — This is your ride all day pace, warm up, noodling, etc. RPE=1/10.

* 1pt = 30' of Work/z3 — This is your tempo pace, think fast Half Iron bike pace; RPE=6-7/10.

* 1pt = 15' of FTP/LTHR/z4 — This is your threshold effort, think Olympic Tri/40k TT; RPE=8/10.

* 1pt = 7' of Very Hard/30-30s/z5 — This is max effort, think puke pace; RPE=10/10.

How To Earn Additional Points:

* 1pts = Pic of you competing/puking/dying/climbing

* 2pts = Video of you doing any/all of the above

* Submit the above by tweeting the pic and tagging it #workworks

How To Play:

* Go to this link to the Data Sheet and enter your info; form teams if you want!

* Plan and execute workouts;

* Enter minutes in “zone” via spreadsheet calculator to tally points;

* Enter final points earned into points tab of spreadsheet;

* Honor system for reporting, scoring and non-Power/HR folks.

Start planning the hurt!!!

Patrick

Comments

• Options
    Oh boy! I'm so in!! This is right up my "bike focus" ally!
  • Options
    who else is in? will the chicas dominate again??? boyz vs girlz?
  • Options
    Let's do this Girlz!

• Options
    Just looked at the sheet...says 7 days on it...but we know what you mean.
  • Options

Posted By Patrick McCrann on 05 Feb 2010 12:05 PM
    who else is in? will the chicas dominate again??? boyz vs girlz?

In for the boyz
  • Options

Posted By Olivia Syptak on 06 Feb 2010 10:37 AM
    Let's do this Girlz!

I'm in!
  • Options

Posted By Nemo Brauch on 05 Feb 2010 10:44 AM

Nemo!!!! what if we are the only Cowgirl Chicas???? I gotta get Kathy in on this one!!!!
  • Options

Posted By Sheryl Woodworth on 08 Feb 2010 03:37 PM

Nemo!!!! what if we are the only Cowgirl Chicas???? I gotta get Kathy in on this one!!!!
    Let's not limit ourselves to Cowgirl Chicas- let's open it up to all Chicas! OK- time to start recruiting!!!
  • Options
    I'm in. Perhaps it is time to review the Netflix queue and really go epic. Style bonus points for cycling through entire musicals?image
  • Options

Posted By Beth Schwindt on 08 Feb 2010 04:27 PM
    I'm in. Perhaps it is time to review the Netflix queue and really go epic. Style bonus points for cycling through entire musicals?image

How bout if you watch a Bourne marathon? All three...and we have all of the Lord of the Rings....all of the Star Wars...all of the Indiana Jones....and I know this will make many of you very jealous...we have every available episode of the original Star Trek series. Yes. I know... it's a dream come true for many of you and just so you know, the case they come in is kind of like a tri-quarter scanner used by Bones. Then there is the Dirty Harry collection, the John Wayne collection, the Audrey Hepburn collection, the Rogers and Hammerstein collection....my my my the possibilities are endless. Oh and the BEST EVER...the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth. Six epic hours and who isn't moved when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy gaze at one another across the room after Elizabeth rescues Georgiana from the imperious Bingley sisters.

Actually, Beth, if you really wanted a fun set to watch for several hours while biking, order The Tenth Kingdom from Netflix. If you ordered it tomorrow you would get it in time. GREAT fun to watch series. It meshes all the fairy tales together in a modern twist. One of my very favorite series...hands down.
  • Options
    I'm in for the chicas! I've got lots of 24 on Tivo to keep me somewhat entertained... and lots and lots and lots of snow outside to keep me from doing just about anything else!
  • Options
    bump, who else is in to suffer???
  • Options

Posted By Sheryl Woodworth on 08 Feb 2010 09:13 PM

Posted By Beth Schwindt on 08 Feb 2010 04:27 PM

How bout if you watch a Bourne marathon? All three...and we have all of the Lord of the Rings....all of the Star Wars...all of the Indiana Jones....and I know this will make many of you very jealous...we have every available episode of the original Star Trek series. Yes. I know... it's a dream come true for many of you and just so you know, the case they come in is kind of like a tri-quarter scanner used by Bones. Then there is the Dirty Harry collection, the John Wayne collection, the Audrey Hepburn collection, the Rogers and Hammerstein collection....my my my the possibilities are endless. Oh and the BEST EVER...the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth. Six epic hours and who isn't moved when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy gaze at one another across the room after Elizabeth rescues Georgiana from the imperious Bingley sisters.

Actually, Beth, if you really wanted a fun set to watch for several hours while biking, order The Tenth Kingdom from Netflix. If you ordered it tomorrow you would get it in time. GREAT fun to watch series. It meshes all the fairy tales together in a modern twist. One of my very favorite series...hands down.

I love it!
  • Options
    Any bonus points for riding outside in sub freezing temps? I've got my studded tires and they're ready to roll!
  • Options
    Lots of snow on the ground, but sounds like a pretty solid reason to get on the bike! I feel like John Candy in the movie Stripes, "I'm a lean mean fighting machine......I DO IT!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options
    OK- here we go again. I figured out how to Tweet a pic during the last challenge. But how do I Tweet a video? Do I just Tweet the link to the YouTube URL?
  • Options
    Bring it. I'm in.
  • Options
    "will the chicas dominate again" says Coach patrick to the guyz in Da haus!!
    see that is the difference between you guys and us girls cuz we don't have to ask, we already KNOW we dominate!! signing up now! Jim H says "Bring it"... let's see what you got...dude. m
  • Options
    Posted By Sheryl Woodworth on 08 Feb 2010 03:37 PM

Like I told you, the OS has sucked the bike mojo right out of me   I am passing on this challenge, have fun Chickas

• Options
    Posted By Nemo Brauch on 09 Feb 2010 03:31 PM

OK- here we go again. I figured out how to Tweet a pic during the last challenge. But how do I Tweet a video? Do I just Tweet the link to the YouTube URL?

yes, put the url in and it should shorten it, or go to bit.ly or use (hootsuite) or download a twitter client (tweetdeck, tweetie) and you can do it from there.

• Options
    Got it, Thanks P! I found the "Twitter" link in YouTube so I could just share it right from there.
  • Options

I'm crazy for challenges as always- In for the boyz(older?).

John

• Options

Nah, I'm heading to Boston for the weekend (to include a Harpoon Brewery tour!). I'd offer to hook up with the Boston EN-ers to ride together but...I want a three day training break more.

• Options
    I'm in but damn you know how many SAU's going to get burned up riding on Valentines Day?
  • Options

I am going to sign up, but I am still waiting for the "Parent's of young children s/b/r while they are in school" weekday challenge image!
  • Options
    Oh Mike- I have a plan for that. Hubby is going riding with me :-) Making it a "date"! I won't rack up too many points 'cause it will be all JRA stuff, but that's OK.
  • Options
    I'll probably be watching a movie while I sit on the trainer tomorrow (road bike, cuz tri bike is in the shop for a tune-up), so I don't know about how much of a challenge I'll be able to do.
    As y'all saw Phillip's post about the 12" of snow we received in Dallas in the last 24 hours, there won't be any outside riding for this guy!
  • Options
    I'm in. Good thing I'm doing an impromptu FTP test tomorrow... image
  • Options
    count me in for the women-and I finally figured out the cowgirl thing-I have done IMMoo 3 times already-been there done that rode the bronco great race you will love it. I am a StarWars fan myself-time to plug in and get going
  • Options
    okay will post pics and video later as I am just in..... but in 26 degs warming up to 32, I rode 23 miles and did 40' of that in a zone 4... then ran 2 in 32 - 35 degs!!! I had the BEST time out there.... found a stretch of road with no ice and then afterwards... in my go all day pace, road the trails and got off when it was snowy!! I was the only one out and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Took some MOJO to get out of the car sure!!! but then I thought "now all I have to do is get on the bike to get day 1 challenge!" and then since it was so cold my next thought was "I need to hammer to warm up!" and then my next thought was "don't stop now cuz you are too sweaty and you will get cold again!" round and round I went in the industrial park. 1.15 miles x 10!! now need to figure out how to tweet pics and video!!! oh yeah!!! m