Home General Training Discussions
Options

Hoka One One

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Just scored my second pair for less than $100 on Running Warehouse and this one matches my EN kit!
  • Options

Quick review of the Bondi 4.....I've done about 3-4 runs on the treadmill and about 5 miles outside and my thoughts so far are very positive.  IMO it's an improvement from the Bondi 3.  You may have heard the padded the tongue is back and the shoe now only comes with standard laces.  I'm using the optional insert that comes with the shoe and as a result it's a little more narrow than the Bondi 3, but not as narrow as my Cliftons.  The ride is similar to the Bondi 3 in that it's a bit more firm than how i remember the Bondi 2.  Also, i'm liking the changes they made on the sole to increase the rocker effect.   So far, i'm really liking this update.

• Options
    I'm loving the Bondi 4 so far.
  • Options
    After reading all this positive stuff I picked up a pair of Conquests yesterday. Can't wait to try them out! Will report back when I have some news.
  • Options
    I tried to love them. I used them for training and set a half Mary pr but just couldn't get a good fit. Was plagued by blisters. I've been back to my Newtons for 5 weeks. I'm home!
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed the huge difference between the Clifton 1 and 2? The Clifton 1's were the perfect shoe for me, and I just tried running in my new pair of 2's and HATE them. They're really narrow and even stiffer. Running warehouse doesn't have anymore 1's in my size.

If anyone has a secret source for discontinued running shoes please let me know!

Dana
  • Options
    Hoka's on sale on Active right now. First time I have seen the Challenger ATR's on sale (their light trail shoe).

http://gearup.active.com/Search.aspx?k=hoka
  • Options
    I'm gonna try a pair of the Challenger ATR for my trail running escapades this winter... Ordered this am... Also got me a set of those VEE tires for the MB...
  • Options

Posted By tim cronk on 28 Sep 2015 03:09 PM

I'm gonna try a pair of the Challenger ATR for my trail running escapades this winter... Ordered this am... Also got me a set of those VEE tires for the MB...

Nice!  Keep it up and you'll be eating meat and taking supplements in no time!

• Options
    I'm a big Hoka fan...and actually I used to make fun on my friends that had them. I'm a neutral runner and have been running in Brooks Glycerin's for years. I decided to get on the Hoka bandwagon in the offseason before the start of the 2015 season. I ended up purchasing the Stintsons (as a trainer), which are definitely more of a maximalist model. While it was kind of awkward being up so high, I noticed that the knee (I've had my right knee scoped twice) and sore arch issues went away. Once I felt comfortable in the Stinsons, I switch to the Clifton 2's and Rapa Nui 2 trail's. I honestly have nothing but good things to say about them. The Clifton's are super light compared to the Stinsons and feel more like a "normal shoe". I bought two pair, once of which hasn't been used yet. I just passed 600 miles on them and will be switching to the new pair of Cliftons for the offseason. I use my Rapa Nui 2 trail shoes for all of my winter running on the road and whenever I'm on the trail. I've put about 500 miles on them as well, including 2 50K's and 50-miler. To me, the Hoka's really shine on the trail. With my Saucony Exodus's, I would feel the knee and arch pain in any trail run over a 1/2 marathon. I haven't experienced any of that on the trails since switching over to the Hoka's.

With that being said, I had a friend who absolutely hated his Clifton 2's. He is not a neutral runner and he couldn't make it more than a 5K with them. I guess everyone is different, but I don't regret giving them a shot and switching over.
  • Options
    You must have read my mind Rich, I was going to bring this back up as I need a replacement. I found a pair of HOKA Clifton 1's online and now need a back up pair. The Clifton 2's are WAY too narrow. I am not a neutral runner and my gait is a mess...long story short...the only way to keep running is for me to find the closest fix the the Clifton 1. It's the only shoe that has allowed me to continue running, so I really need as close to it as I can find.