Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas
Options

IMTexas, 25Feb-03Mar WKO Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    Definitely enjoying the off day. Yesterdays run: 18 miles, 2 hours and 19 minutes, pace 7:43. Goal pace was 7:46. Felt good entire run but was definitely tired at the end.
  • Options
    Nice pacing JK!
  • Options
    1800 in the pool again. Still slow but starting to feel more comfortable in the water. Averaged 1:43's (note that this is per yard pacing not meters, so its still really slow). But starting to work all three disciplines in earnest again.

Good luck this weekend everyone!
  • Options
    Done with the run before the family wakes up. 4 miles in 29 minutes. Just looked at the total hours trained for the week in TP and realized we're not in the OS any more. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Done with my ride. 4 hours on the trainer NP for ride 199.
  • Options
    JK feels good to be done huh? Longtime on the trainer. Hope your kicking back

Todays effort. 10 min longer than last week and shortened up the breaks between my first few intervals.
    http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/238019
  • Options

Brrrr...utal was hoping for some sun & warmth but what I got was cold (30-35 degrees) and a steady 7-10mph wind....but outside I was determined to ride...so I headed out north about 2hrs against steady wind...took alot work to maintain avg. 16.5mph...turned and returned in 1:33 just around 20mph...I rode pretty much according to the scheduled long ride...included 80min of high Z2/low Z3  and the remainder was targeted steady power output...Overall 159NP/.74IF / VI 1.05

It was a pretty good first real outside endurance ride...a bit over 3 1/2 hrs...was planning on 4 but just was not very nice/fun out there and I got all my work in...and know I would have been much more comfortable with the temps more reasonable....Now I need my Pedal Power Peanut Butter and Oat bars...& some hot coffee....

Nice Rides John & Tim...comfy indoors ...& 4:00 on the trainer is worth 5 outside!

• Options
    Strange as it was, I didn't mind the I indoor ride. Was on bike by 5 done by 9. Could watch Tv listen to music. Three hours tomorrow.
  • Options
    When I saw snow flakes on the way back from the daughter's dance class, I surrendered to the trainer. 4 hours, I think the longest trainer session to date for me. 4x25 all on 0.76/0.77 and 30/25/25 all on 0.72. A total of ride of 0.71 / 218 NP. Thank goodness for netflix, however, I'm going to be in trouble when House of Cards runs out.

Very solid work everyone, whether you went indoors or out. Keep after it.
  • Options
    Nice job getting it done today everyone. After today tomorrows ride will seem easy
  • Options
    After my 3:45 ride on the trainer I decided to do a couple of sprints in the pool that formed below my bike. I think I'll have a new t-pace on the swim now. I didn't turn the fan on to keep cool so I could do a pre-miniTX awakening. New things for this ride: not having been on my TT bike for 16 months and had it Retul'd on Thurs. and trying out my new Infinit bike formula. All worked out and the Infinit didn't taste like "old tomatoes"...the consensus from others on my last formula. If all else fails with nutrition on race day you can use water, coke, and salt tabs on the bike. I stole that from Macca and unfortunately I had to fall back on that formula during my last IM and it worked....that time.
  • Options
    100 minute 13 mile run today w/ 3 x 10 min Z3 and 1 x 18 min 1 x 17 min Z2 work...

Totals for the week 8600yds swim, 7:10 hrs bike , 34 miles run
  • Options
    Fun workout today: 3 hour bike followed by run Vo2 wko. Bike ( brought to you by Tough Love): 3 hours, NP: 206, IF: .721 Avg hr: 136 Good mix of Z2/3 intervals for main sets.
    Run (on rolling terrain): Total distance: 5.8 miles, Time: 42:30 Intervals: 4x5 min: 6:21, 6:04, 6:09, 6:07. Now time to rest
  • Options

Hey Great work everyone!.....another cold day...ugh...after a late evening of pre-hydrating with wine...I had.one of my best swim workouts ever with my local Tri group..I  will know concede benefits of swimming with a group ..it really pushes you..for me  to finish off 2500yds mixes of 25's, 50's, 400, 300, 100's with avg. pace under 1:50 (1:47) is a new level of swimming for me...I hope I can build on this further..I followed that with a 10 mile run again with the group..I really shoulda gone 12 but it was cold, windy, and the group runs pretty slow...its a brutally hilly first half of the loop ...so I ran one loop with the group....7 miles @ Z1/Z2 (for me)...then I took off for another 30 min. of running which included 3x1mile @ 6:55-7:15 pace (my Z3 work)...then a massaaaahhhhhge.....

Great first week!  (10,800yds /4hrs swimming..112mi /6:27hr. on the bike...25miles/3:13hrs of running) 

I was thinking though that it really is not good set up to go from either OS or Get Fast into the middle of Race Prep because the first week is such a big jump in Bike Volume (on the weekend) and Run Time....so I wasn't too concerned about hitting 105min. on the run...becasue jumping from  recent max 90min ..is a 20% jump...so I was okay with being a bit short yesterday (3:30 instead of 4:00) &  today...(1:30 v 1:45)...as long as I got the work in... 

• Options
    @Joe. Had same thought at beginning of GF plan but slowly increased long run and bike so wouldn't be a complete shock to system. Remains to be seen how it will play out on race day.
  • Options
    @Joe and John, for those with early season races last year (and I assume prior to that), the OS lead directly into week 8 of an IM plan. The difference was that we didn't have the 'option' of extending the Sunday long run to 1:30. It worked out ok for me building into IMCDA. This year, I went against the grain and stayed in the entire OS because I feel that 12 weeks of long will answer the mail for me and my goals for Texas.

I don't know about 'ideal' because before last year, I was a ' ride long and slow all the time' kind of guy.

Anywho, its time to go down and hit the trainer!!! See ya'll in a few hours.
  • Options
    Got credit for 2:50 total (guess the clock kept running during the nature stops) with 25 minute intervals at 0.82 x 3 and 0.77/0.72/0.73. Total ride of 0.76 / 233 NP.

Good week. Nothing spectacular, just consistent solid work. 11 more weeks of that will get us all to the Woodlands in good shape! Keep after it everyone.