Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Official IMLP Sign In Thread

Welcome to the Ironman Lake Placid Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    I'm in! Jess and I will be racing in our Team ReserveAid kits along with about 20 other folks trying to raise money for military families suffering financial hardships from their service. This will be my 4th Ironman and I'm excited to see what I can do. My stretch goal is to beat my IMFL time from last yr which will take a monster run effort which will certainly be new for me... I can't wait to meet all of my EN family at the race!
  • Options
    I'm in. This will be my second IM, looking forward to doing one on a little more consistent training than the last effort (LP 2010). Hoping to improve on my time from 3 years ago, but most of all, looking to enjoy the day, as I attempt to figure out how to turn IM into a lifestyle, instead of something I try to fit in once every few years.

• Options
    Hello All,

Lake Placid will be my first IM. I am excited, scared, and really just looking forward to the gear purchase after the race. I will be in my TheTriShop.com Kit since i was lucky enough to get a sponsorship from them.

Goals: Just finish with a smile on my face and the drive to do another one. If we want times, i don't now... between 12 to 14 hours.
  • Options

I'm in like Flynn!  I just got back from doing a preview ride of IMLP this last weekend so if anyone wants up to date bike course information just ask.  

They were just getting ready to start road construction on the first downhill out of town.   Construction was delayed because they found a Verizon cable under the road.  There are still some pretty rough spots in the downhill areas which I think won't get any construction updates so hit those sections with caution.  

• Options
    I'm in! This will be my second IM. My first was here in 2011 - there were over 40 from the team that year and it was great.

Current status - working to rebuild my bike motor after ignoring it while I prepped for, and ran Boston.

Basic goals for the day are similar to before 1) Enjoy the day and smile! 2) finish in daylight; and 3) my stretch goal is to trim 40 minutes off my previous time and go sub 12 on the day. As the training build goes, I may have to revisit that last one......

Really looking forward to the training camp in June! Woo hoo.... Let the fun begin!
  • Options

I'll be there again this year my 3rd shot at LP and I'm 1-1.  Looking forward to meeting the team again.  There were so many at the dinner last year I never met everyone. I'm coming from Western Canada and my wife Patti will be there to sherpa for me.

After last years debacle my goal is to get my nutrition right and not stretch out the EN tri jersey as much this year.  Goal weight is 199 or as close to 200 as I can get.  What ever time that gets me I'll be happy with as long as its a finish. 

If I get down goal weight somewhere in the 13 hour range might be possible but its too early to call.  I'll know better after the first RR but conditions on the day play a factor in the time.  I'll definitley put something more definitive out there in the furture.

Gordon

• Options
    I'm in.

This will be my 2nd IM - Lake Placid in '12 was my first, where my goal was simply to finish, and in under 14 hours. This year, I'm looking to improve on that, now that I'll have what will be a full year of training EN-style. How much? We'll see on race day.

• Options

In for my second IM and second go at LP! Last year was good fun but hopefully things go a bit better this year. Goals:

• have fun!
    • go from 2 flats to 0 flats :-)
    • go from debilitating cramping to the fully hydrated, sodium-ated, cramp free zone

I am 15 lbs lighter (thank you, scale), a lot stronger (thank you, new powermeter and Nov OS peeps) and have a new fueling/hydration plan(thank you, CoreDiet folks) so I am pretty excited about this race :-) Looking forward to meeting you all...

• Options
    I'm in, this will be my 8 1/2 IM 6th time doing L.P. I DNF last year, but on the bright side I took a nice ride in a ambulance! My goal is to go 11:30 or faster. Looking forward to seeing the EN team kick some butt!!
  • Options
    I'm in. This will be my 4th time in Lake Placid and 11th Ironman. I hope to have a fun day with great execution of my race plan. Ideally, I will break the 13 hour mark at LP, but we'll see what the day brings. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    I am in . This will be my 2nd IM LP (1st was 2010) . Feel pretty good even though the OS was spotty at times because a move out to the west coast and a newborn.
    Goals
    - Have fun! and enjoy the race and finish with a smile .
    - Finish in 12-14 hours . Narrow that time frame by june.

Unsure if I will make it out to the IM LP camp since I am based on the west coast now, still have to figure that out.
  • Options
    Hello all,

This will be my second IM, the first was Lake Placid 2011. That was an amazing day - great weather and very happy with my race. This time I would like to avoid the stomach cramping issues I had last time on the run (going with the core diet race plan instead of concentrated Infinite this time), and hopefully break 12 hours. Not sure if I can shave off 50 minutes!

Will be at Quassy and the June training camp. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
  • Options
    I am in,
    IMLP 2012 will be my 1st IM and have signed up for the Camp in June. One weekend last summer I went up to Lake Placid to ride the course, swim in the lake, .... basically to see what I was getting myself into but my mind was really made up at that point. A couple of weeks later I signed up, and a year later (and a lot of training later) here we all are.

Traveling with work right now has really caused me to focus on getting as much of the workouts done as possible and not take any available time for granted.

Overall, I have tried (and it is almost impossible) not to think too much about race day and have been trying to take one week at a time and just get the training work done.

Best wishes to all of you with your hard work ahead.
  • Options
    I'm in! This is my first ironman and I'm so excited about it. I am extremely nervous and can't believe I'll be changing gears to the full Ironman plan starting on Monday after I race Kinetic 70.3 this weekend. I'm also doing the training camp with EN. I haven't bought any race gear from EN yet but am considering it. I live in the DC area and mainly train with my wonderful friend Jonathan Brown who is also on this thread. Let us know if anyone else is from the DC area and wants to join in on some rides some time.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm in!! Lake Placid is my first Ironman. I am so excited & nervous. There are times that I still can't believe that I've thrown my hat in the ring to fulls. My goal is to complete the race in under 12 hours. I am looking forward to seeing people at Quassy and I'm considering the June camp. My work schedule is my biggest challenge so it will determine if I can make the camp or not. I really, really want to go. It would be great to do the course with everyone.
    Looking forward to meeting you all and learning how to survive this event well.
  • Options
    I am also in. This will be my 4th IM. I've done Louisville in 2007 and 2009, and Florida in 2009. I live in Georgia, so I can't swing coming up for camp. I have my secret weapon, my husband,Greg, who is the world's best iron sherpa. We look forward to meeting everyone. I am hoping first to have fun, second to have my first ever good run, and third to possibly PR. My finish times are slow, 14 hours on the last two. I'll be bringing up the rear, so if you need help, know someone on the team is behind you!
  • Options
    Hi All!

The other half of Team Withrow here.... IMLP will be my third after IMLou '11 and IMNYC '12. Super excited to see everyone at camp and on race day - can't wait to meet those of you who I haven't had the chance to meet in person!
  • Options
    This is my fourth IM distance race. First since 2008. Feeling stronger than I ever have and also training smarter than ever before. Would love to go under 11:30 but I have yet to figure out the pacing. Here's hoping that training EN style will push me through.
  • Options
    This will be Ironman 3 for me, and hoping the third time's a charm. Returning to the scene of my first IM (LP 2011) to see what I can bring to the table after a strong and healthy training block.

Had a blast racing Florida as a first time EN'r last November, and looking to build on the success. Let's go!
  • Options
    So excited for this race! This will be IM #4 for me, and my biggest goal is to stay healthy! I've been battling some ITB issues for the past 1-2 years and I am ready to have a good training cycle and a great day out there.

I have a stupidly busy work life, so I am hoping just to stay consistent with my training. Wish I could meet you all at the training camp. But.....see you all in July!!
  • Options
    This will be my first IM.  I'm super excited though also concerned.  I have had some setbacks with my training and am not sure I can finish an IM at this point (missed a lot of workouts)..but I plan to give it my all!  I look forward to meeting folks before the race as you'll all be in bed by the time I finish! 
  • Options
    Hi, this will be my first IM. I'm 46 and only have done Sprint Tri's for the past 10 years, then ran the LA Marathon in March of 2012, my first, and then last Summer thought.. why not sign up for Lake Placid? I know about 10 people who have done it and I wanted to take on the challenge and immerse myself in the lifestyle. Have been following the training plan exactly as written. In fact, (knocking on wood) have only missed 3 workouts since December. would like to lose 12 lbs and get to 190lbs from current 202 but it hasn't happened. Just had my body fat tested yesterday and it was 16.8%. Would like to be 12% on race day. Hope to see and meet you at the camp in June. Very nervous, excited, etc about this challenge.
  • Options
    Hello All! This will be my second IM. My first was last year in Lake Placid. Really looking forward to getting back up there. A group of my buddies and I decided that we'd do IMLP again this year in celebration of our friend's 50th Birthday. Some people go to Vegas, my friends and I do endurance events.

Last year I went to the EN Camp, which I loved, but this year I will be going up the weekend before that for an IM Training/Girl's weekend. Don't think my marriage, or my body for that matter, can handle two weeks in a row with long training hours, so I'll probably meet a lot of you guys at the team dinner the week of IM.

My goals this year are evolving...

First and foremost, I want to arrive to the start healthy, and enjoy the day. This is what we do for fun after all.

Secondly, I'd like to remain calm on the swim. Although I was a High School swimmer, I had a panic attack at the start of the swim last year which ticked me off. Seeing that the swim start has changed, has already set the framework for me to remain calm on the swim.

Thirdly, I'd like to stay on my bike this year (as opposed to being pushed off my bike into oncoming bike traffic -- by a volunteer at an aid station, no less -- causing just a little injury, but very shaken nerves.) I'd also like to take some time off the ride.

And Fourthly, I'd like to finish in a better time than last year.

No matter what unfolds on the day, the journey, so far, has been a lot of fun!

Looking forward to meeting you all in Placid.
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

This is my first IM and I am excited and nervous as well. I volunteered at last year's race spending all day in the ladies transition tent and then late night at the last water stop. Seeing the race in action, supporting the athletes, and getting the logistics figured out was a great learning experience. 

I did register for the training camp but now, due to some major work events, I am unable to attend which really bums me out as I've never done a major race without riding the course first. At least I have lots and lots of hills around here to practice on.

My goals for IMLP?

Meet and support team EN, enjoy every moment, and finish. 

• Options
    I'm in for #2 @ LP...Main goal is show up healthy and enjoy the day....this yr sub 14 image if my stars are aligned....just finished EN Blue Ridge Cycling camp so legs are toast...need a couple days for recovery then hit race prep....see you @ camp in June
  • Options
    I'm in! This will be my second IM after completing IMSG in 2010. I'm so psyched to be doing LP. I grew up in upstate NY and spent lots of summers and winters visiting LP as a kid. There is just something magical about this little gem of a town and I can't wait to race here.

This trip will be extra special as my entire family will be joining us to make a vacation out of the week following the race and we found an amazing house on the course/lake. We almost lost my Mom last week after some complications following a surgery last week and having her there at the finish line will make this extra special.

Goals for the race:
    1. Toe the line healthy and enjoy the day
    2. Execute well in every phase, especially nutrition
    3. Have the run I know I've got inside me

I've got a time goal, but I'm keeping that to myself. My motto (my one thing) for this IM is "Earn This." We sacrifice so much for the privilege to race events like this, and I want to give my all on race day to honor that sacrifice (my family's and my own) and earn the day.

Looking forward to meeting some teammates at the camp in June.
  • Options

I'm Bart. And I bring the thunder.

Usually it's down upon myself and those around me. Chaos and destruction (and terrible, terrible luck) follow me around every turn. But sometimes hilarity ensues. Sometimes not. So I'll probably just stand outside the EN circle of trust and wave. Please wave back. Trust me, it would be in your best interest to wave back.

Most people know me here. I'm the unstable child RnP keep hidden deep inside the Wiki. Like Latoya Jackson. Or Roger Clinton. But I'm fun at parties. And I know The Secret. I'll share it with you.

I've reached a level of mediocrity zen that allows me to *conveniently* dodge any major race goals, except to arrive healthy, consistent and fast. I've also made a commitment NOT to start any fights during the actual race this year, which I think is realistic with the new staggered swim start.

I'm the founding member of the EN South Texas Border sleeper cell. We cling to guns, religion and race execution. RnP rejected our membership application in 2010 and 2011. But money's tight, and we're inside the haus now. Our tax-status has been singled out by the IRS. Ya, we're that kind of bad. And we're coming to a sleepy NY town near you very, very soon. And let's all hope we finish before dark. Otherwise it's gonna look like a new Twilight sequel in compression socks. And nobody- and I mean nobody- wants that.

• Options
    I still don't have a place to stay in LP. I missed the first wave of booking and am now hoping to grab something when people start to cancel their reservations due to injury, etc. If you have a contact that I can call or any lead on housing please let me know. For instance a realtor, etc. I only need a place for me so don't need a house or anything like that. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Call the Hampton inn on mirror lake. Brand new hotel to open mid June.
  • Options
    also try High Peaks Resort. It aint cheap but its convenient. Their policy is pay-in-full by Sept 2012 and then cancel without penalty up til June xxx, so i would imagine a bunch of rooms will open up.  ( I dont remember what xxx was, but you can call them and find out)