Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Official IMLP Sign In Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hey folks,

Cary Blanco here. This will be my third go at LP. I'm still working out some running problems and hope to have it figured out by race day. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old and new EN faces up in Placid.
  • Options
    so this is where all the cool kids are hanging out?!

this will be my second official IM. i say official because i'm married with 3 kids, so technically that gives me the ironman designation already. regardless, i'm excited to get the festivities under way.

i'm a modest man with simple goals. smile, finish while the sun is still shining, and represent Team ReserveAid to the fullest.
  • Options

IMLP will be my 1st full IM. Doing it with my 22yo daughter who graduated from college last week. It will also be her 1st full IM. We'll sort out time goals after Rev3 Quassy. One way or another the important goal is to cross the finish line together.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at Quassy and more at the LP Camp! Keep on Truckin!

• Options
    Count me in. This will be Iron Distance Race #4 and first IMLP.

Goals:
    1. Cross this finish line standing up under 17 hrs.
    2. Cross the finish line and walk past the medical tent.
    3. Be able to hug my wife and kids after crossing the finish line.
    way way down the line is podiumimage.

Also looking forward to the June Training Camp.
  • Options

Hi All - I'm also in. This will be my first full IM, and I'm hoping to put together a good enough day to finish while the sun is still up.

Unfortunately l wont be at the camp, can't afford it (IM training has officially put me in the red, and it's only May), but looking forward to meeting some of you at the race.

-Dan

• Options
    I will be racing IMLP 2013.  7th time in the last 9 years. I want to show up healthy,  crush the bike after all the EN work, and then run well.  PR would be nice but I am mostly looking forward to having fun doing this with the team.  Quassy, the camp, and then the the big race!!!
  • Options
    Chris-that is so awesome that you are doing this with your daughter. I hope to be able to do the same with my girls some day.
  • Options
    So I am still undecided about whether to drive or fly from Georgia to Lake Placid. I am on a budget. The flight would be a no brainer until you start adding a bike.  Planning backwards, does anyone know if/when there will be a practice swim? How about a team EN dinner? Don't want to miss anything!
  • Options
    I am doing IMLP for the second time. I have goals, but not sure if they are realistic. Plan on riding the course the weekend of June 22nd, and will have a more realistic goal after that. Two years ago my training hit the skids after Quassy. This year I plan on keeping up the pressure and getting to LP fit and healthy and then executing the plan to the T. Enjoy the training.
  • Options

Hi All,

First year on EN. 60-64 age grouper. I'm a real latecomer to all of this racing stuff and did my first race since High School at the ripe, young age of 58 at the Indian Trails 15k. A few weeks later I did my first Triathlon, a sprint distance at Bassman in South Jersey and I was hooked. Quassy was my 4th HIM and IMLP will be my first 140.3. Yikes, I still can't believe that I'm doing this.  Just a few years ago I had to touch bottom when I went for a "swim" in the ocean!

• Options
    Jumping in here with both feet and not looking back! First IM, celebrating "aging up" to 60 this year. I've completed two Half IM's, but consider myself a "fast twitch" girl in a "slow twitch" world of IM. I started doing triathlon when I retired five years ago, but I have a lot to learn. See you at camp next week.
  • Options
    This will be my 2nd IM, having done IMLP in 2011, then taking 2012 off for shoulder surgery. Training has been sporadic because of work and minor injuries, but still excited to do it again. Looking forward to camp this weekend, but a little nervous having only done one long bike of 75 miles. See some of you this weekend and the rest of you in less than 7 weeks. Yikes! 
  • Options
    I am excited to be joining Team ReserveAid and racing IMLP. Had a rough last month but hoping all of the endurance work I did for IMLC earlier this year is still around to help carry me through. Looking forward to meeting EN peeps and spending time in a beautiful area
  • Options
    As a fellow Team ReserveAid member and EN ninja - welcome Christy!
  • Options
    Just climbed out of a two to three week hole of being super sick, hoping all those missed work outs don't come back to haunt me! I feel like I'm starting from scratch. My goals have drastically changed - now I want to finish with a smile on my face and not worry about my clock time (soooooo hard with my competitive nature!). I'm excited to just enjoy the beautiful course and to have my family there with me image
  • Options

I'm in!  This will be my second IM - completed IMLP 2012 and had a great day.  Dialed in nutrition was a big difference maker so will need to recalc fuel needs and practice for 2013,  Race goal will be to improve on last year's performance and recognize it's a privilege to do this IM thing. Look forward to meeting the EN team members! 

• Options
    I am in! 4th time at Lake Placid and I am looking fwd to a good time. I am going to miss the mass swim start as it has always thrilled me. I will hope to make some improvements in one or all the 3 disciplines but am willing to deal with what the day brings. Taking next year off to catch up on some things so i know i will savor the moments. See you all soon.
  • Options
    My focus is on "race execution" and know all good things will follow. This is my second IM. I did CDA last year - cold and hilly for a Floridian.  I placed 7th AG so I have a secret plan to at least hit the podium. I hope not to spend 15 minutes in Hypothermia in transition from the swim image.   Excited and Ready!
  • Options
    I will be racing LP for the first time. I'm exited, anxious and nervous! I have Big goals not only for this race but for this year. At LP my goal is to win my AG and earn another trip to the big island. Last year Kona was amazing and I want to go back! It's not going to be easy but I am up for the challenge. I look forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    First ironman. Survive and advance! Doing this race with my 22 yo daughter Bridget, who is also a first timer. The one thing - cross the line together!
  • Options

CHRIS: I cannot imagine anything more special than crossing the finish line with my daughter.  I have begged her... told her I would buy her a new bike, pay for her entry... even offered her $500 cash when we crossed the finish line - can't get her to bite She told me I was out of my mind!!

What a special bond the two of you will have - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO envious!   That is just about the coolest thing I have ever heard of. Enjoy the day!

• Options
    Bib Numbers are out - it just got real.

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/ev...lacid.aspx
  • Options
    They've removed the bib numbers from the front page of the site - the PDF download is here:

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/d6e1...07%202.pdf
  • Options
    This will be my fourth year at Placid I am looking fwd to a good time and meeting the team. My goals are to finish and possibly improve on any or all of the three disciplines weather, body and mind permitting. I think i am going to miss the mass swimstart, it was quite a show but i believe the swim wont be that much different than just looking over the other shoulder for the yellow rope. I may need to take a year off so i plan on taking in as much as i can while there. stay healthy all and be thankful for everyday out!!!

Mike
  • Options
    I also posted this on Dashboard-- sorry for the dup! I just pulled up the bike elevation course from ironman.com. It shows total elevation at 4,804 ft - does anyone know if this is TOTAL TOTAL or 1 loop?
  • Options
    Lori - It's the bike course total. A Garmin file will probably 5600-5800 total climb though.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I knew that the course had to be more than what Ironman posted looking at Strava. I know last year at IM CDA, I had a lot more on Garmin than the elevation profile ! 
  • Options
    First IMLP, 3rd IM. Primary goal, good execution, especially dialing in hydration and electrolytes on bike to not cramp last 5-10 miles of bike and T2.

Looking forward to racing in a cooler clime.
  • Options
    In - not sure what else I would do on the last Sunday in July!
  • Options
    I didn't even notice this Sign In Thread until now! Better late than never?
    4th IM, 2nd LP (did it last year)
    A little about me: married to an awesome hubby, mom to 2-year old boy/girl twins, a 3 1/2 year old daughter, two Huskies, two cats, and most recently a bird who built a nest in my flower pot out front; full-time engineer; self-proclaimed ice-cream addict; lover of adrenaline-fueled sports (not sure where triathlon came from!), slightly hyper-active, severely attention-deficit at times, winner of the all-time-fastest-talker award (remember the Micro Machine guy?); and current record holder for amount of incorrect medical diagnoses for a left thigh injury.
    Goals for this race are to make it across the finish line with the aforementioned left thigh still functional and attached to my body. :-)
    Looking forward to the EN mojo out on the course! Last year it was phenomenal, and I think we've like doubled our numbers this year?? CRAZY!!