Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Official IMRacine 70.3 Sign In Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    I will be racing at Racine for the 3rd time. Like many on this tread, I have pretty much completely recovered from PF from last season. Because I don't want to risk a recurrent injury, I have not been doing nearly enough running.

The cold water forecast from Carl and others concerns me. I have a neoprene cap which I have never worn. Anyone have experience with them? (Sorry, but we black guys don't do cold water.) I have a full sleeve suit, and once swam the Harbor Lights Tri in 58 degrees -- but that was just an Oly distance race. Any tips and clues on keeping toes and fingers warm? I expect to be in the water around 40 minutes, and yes, I will warm my suit naturally.

See you guys tomorrow around 2 PM.

Safe Travels,

Frank
  • Options

Posted By Frank Wilson on 19 Jul 2013 05:06 PM

I will be racing at Racine for the 3rd time. Like many on this tread, I have pretty much completely recovered from PF from last season. Because I don't want to risk a recurrent injury, I have not been doing nearly enough running.

The cold water forecast from Carl and others concerns me. I have a neoprene cap which I have never worn. Anyone have experience with them? (Sorry, but we black guys don't do cold water.) I have a full sleeve suit, and once swam the Harbor Lights Tri in 58 degrees -- but that was just an Oly distance race. Any tips and clues on keeping toes and fingers warm? I expect to be in the water around 40 minutes, and yes, I will warm my suit naturally.

See you guys tomorrow around 2 PM.

Safe Travels,

Frank

Wear the cap but be sure to put body glide on the back of your head, neck and chin. If you don't you'll get some awesome chaffing. Ask me how I know...

• Options
    Having to change my status from racing to spectator....bad case of bronchitis all week and got into the dr's this morning. I'm going to rest up, get healthy and back on track for IMWI.

The dr appt is causing a late start leaving Chicago, so I won't make it for the lunch. I'll be around the course cheering my partner so I'll be on the lookout for the EN jerseys as well. Have a great race team!!
  • Options
    Hello all! Im a new EN memeber since Nov 1 of last year. I live outside Washington DC in Northern VA and have been racing tri's since 2008, completing 13 halfs so far. This is my first time at Racine but looking forward to the course. This year I have done a half in North Carolina in April and two Oly's in June. Looking to beat my PR of 5:15 and this is my A race for the year so hoping for good weather and no wind!
  • Options
    Matt, welcome. I've done the race twice and until a month ago it was my PR. I'm 90% likely to sigh up for this year...planning to decide in the next day or so. The course is very fast. People do complain about the quaility of the roads but it is only a few miles of rough road at the beginning and end of the course (and since it's at the end, it sticks in folks' minds). The mahjor issue with this race is that it can be HOT. In 2011 it was 108 with the heat index and in 2012 it was almost 100. I didn't race it last year but the temps were a lot cooler...the tradeoff apparently was rough water on the swim. In any case this is for sure a PR course with the right weather. Cheers, Matt.
  • Options
    Thanks Matt A!   Any chance the roads have been fixed?   As for the heat- Im used to July heat here in the mid atlantic but anytime the heat index is 108, its hot!   Maybe the cold Lake Michigan will feel great!  image