Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

The Official IMMT Super Duper Admin Thread

The Offical Ironman Mont Tremblant Super Duper Admin Thread

Ironman Mont Tremblant - August 18, 2013

Hi folks, with so much going on, when the date of your Ironman gets closer, it is hard to remember if you brushed your teeth, let alone remember where that link is to the Team Event sheet, or what the deadline date is the for bios.... so this is the thread to come to where all the information you need is in one place.

Deadlines

Dinner : August 12

Bios and Pics: August 09

Links:

Webinar: Tuesday, August 6, 8pm EDT sign up here

Team EN Event Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SUE#gid=36

Bios:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1js...s/viewform

IRONMAN TriClub Challenge Sign Up:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/tribluprogram

READ!!! -- Ironman Race Execution How-To -- everything you need to execute your race!

Comments

• Options
    Thank you so much Brenda! This will make things a lot easier!
  • Options
    i'm getting an error page when clicking on the link displayed before "READ!!! -- Ironman Race Execution How-To"
  • Options
    Posted By Scott Alexander on 24 Jul 2013 01:13 PM

i'm getting an error page when clicking on the link displayed before "READ!!! -- Ironman Race Execution How-To"

Try this:  http://members.endurancenation.us/R...Ironman%29

• Options
    @Brenda, signing up for the IRONMAN TriClub Challenge (link above) is taking me to a completed survey. Is that link correct?
  • Options
    That is the link they have given me. If have already signed up then you would get a completed survey. If you have not, I am not sure why that is doing it. Let get back to you.
  • Options
    I get the same survey link whin I try to sign up...
  • Options
    Hi Brenda:  I am sure it is just me and the head getting foggy with the race approaching, but I do not seem to be able toaccess any of the locations.  None show up as a hyperlink and when I try to cut and paste I get gobbledygook (SP).  The link that does highlight gets me to the survey Monkey site?  Sorry that I am so incompetent!  I was actually in the spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    The survey link is the link you have to click. You then have an account and fill out the info.
  • Options
    Another local IMMT peep of mine found this link for weather and water temps:
    http://www.tourismemonttremblant.com/en/events/details/mont-tremblant-ironman/

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is the "official" location they take the water temp for wetsuit/no wetsuit, but it looks legit.
  • Options
    Thanks Scott! 72 right now, sounds like the old sleeveless will be getting used this time around.
  • Options
    Is the IMMT team dinner really Saturday night? Am I reading the admin spreadsheet correctly?

Unfortunately, I won't be eating solids the night before the race. I'm like Al, I try to eat smoothies, etc, pre-race.
  • Options
    Same here Scott- I won't be able to do the Team Dinner if it is on Saturday. Happy to get together with everyone another time though. We are such a smallish group- maybe breakfast after a practice swim or something like that?
  • Options
    Yes, that is what your Race Captain decided. There is also a lunch the same day. Perhaps that would work?
  • Options
    Hi Brenda. Officially listed for the team. Thanks. But, still can not access the google docs. Sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks Brenda- lunch could work!
  • Options
    I'm down for (my last big meal) lunch on Saturday, but won't be able to do dinner.

I'll get my "Nemo time" because both we're staying at the Residence Inn! That's all that matters in this trip! :-)
  • Options
    I'm out for the dinner as well, not sure about a lunch as of today.
    A big lunch is key, small dinner early, whether it is left overs from lunch or something from scratch.

Last year in LP, I had chicken, rice and veggies. Stayed away from salads and pasta!
  • Options
    If I was racing which I'm not.... I would not be interested in breakfast, lunch , or dinner the day before an IM !!!! but that is just me..... I work too damn hard to eat anything that I cannot control 100% the day before!!!
  • Options
    I'm sorta with Tim but I'd still like to get together for some of Coach P's suggested pre race activities like practice swims and the preview rides. I'll be coming up Wednesday evening if everything works out right. We're staying at Hôtel Mont-Tremblant, 1900 Chemin du Village in Mont-Tremblant.

I'm anxious to meet you folks, in part because of the way EN has me training. I now spend much less time around my Mapso club members. Only the track workouts and hill rides each week instead of the weekend rides and runs. I make some of the swim workouts at the lake but not many. It has gotten lonely so I am very much hoping it has been a good trade-off for training with EN discipline.

So, in the meantime, I'll see if I can regale you all with some tales of my epic stupidity last year up at IMLP.
  • Options
    Maybe a Thursday dinner, or something on Friday?
  • Options
    Maybe a Thursday dinner, or something on Friday?
  • Options
    Sure. Ihope to see you guys more than dinner.
  • Options
    We arrive Thursday evening. Something Friday would work for us.
  • Options
    Lemme clarify.... I most certainly would like a team dinner, meet after, breakfast, training sessions etc , But the day before is a day to chill , get in your box, eat known food , and mentally prepare to race!

I also prefer to do team photo's the day before the event , say early at a swim recon . We did that at IMTX and worked well. Not a fan of trying to meet up before the swim on race day... Again my head is usually elsewhere ...

Heather and I will be there from tues-mon and doing taper workouts most days. Would love to hook up with peeps during the week. I'll be hanging out with the Ross's and I will see each and everyone of you many times thru out the day..... Reminder that if anybody needs help with anything please ask me I'll be more than happy to assist! That means all week and race day!
  • Options

Posted By tim cronk on 08 Aug 2013 02:56 PM

Reminder that if anybody needs help with anything please ask me I'll be more than happy to assist! That means all week and race day!
    Don't write checks your body can't cash!
  • Options
    Friday afternoon works (lunch or dinner). I do not plan on going to the Athlete Banquet (dinner part) but will be there for the parade, musical show, and fireworks!

• Options

We get in Wed afternoon and staying thru Monday. Would love to get together B/L/D Thur of Fri. Maybe also a recon ride per Coach. Not sure I am going to do a swim?
  • Options
    CAn someone help... I keep trying to access the google docs spreadsheet for the race but keep getting sent to a google search page. I do not get a hyperlink from Brenda's post. I have tried to Paste, copy, retype, etc and no luck. Sorry for my ignorance but I am trying. :<(
  • Options
    @Scott .... I have to.... if not I could find myself at the starting line!!!