Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Arizona
Options

Official IM Arizona Sign In Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

Hey, everyone:  I'm Isabelle and IMAZ will be #17 IM for me! Tho I have to get thru IMFL first.  These will be my last 2 IMs as I am shifting focus to more ultra-distance running.  A little bittersweet as IMAZ is my favorite course -- so seemed appropriate for last IM race.  See y'all out there!

• Options
    Isabelle - you're doing IMFL and then IMAZ 2 weeks later and you're not graduating up to the Ultraman? Looking forward to meeting you and having some of your racing mojo rub off on me. Working towards my 12 so I can qualify for Kona via legacy lottery program - I'm not fast enough to qualify any other way.
  • Options
    Hi Isabelle! You are ambitious!
    Big ultra community here-you should check out the upcoming Javelina 100 in Fountain Hills-put on by the Coury brothers (ultra elites) and everyone thinks they put in a great race.
  • Options
    Isabelle-by 'here' I mean in Phoenix and Fountain Hills is the community at the Beeline turnaround at Shea-race is in McDowell mountain park
  • Options

Oh I have my eye on the Javelina 100 -- have heard it's beautiful! Race calendar for 2014 already full but agree that one is not to be missed.

• Options

Thanks, Patricia!! It has been a lot of fun but Ultraman has no appeal for me. My big 2014 race is Transarabia -- non-stop across the desert in Jordan. That's what's fun for me now image

How many IMs have you done toward your 12? Legacy lottery would be the only way for me, too -- I am not fast!

• Options
    And people think people who do Ironman are crazy...you're taking crazy to a new level.

IMAZ will be #7. Doing 2 a year now, so will reach 12 in 2016. I'll also be in the 60-64 age group and retired then, so I'll have more time for training.
  • Options
    TO ALL:

I have put in all the activities I know about. Locations for breakfast can certainly be altered if others have preferences. We can try to organize group ride on Beeline or caravan to Lake for swim on Friday after everyone gets here

TO AL TRUSCOTT: I don't see your name on the sheet!!!

I need to let Bucca know numbers by next Monday. I have to guarantee a minumum so if you have put a number of 'yes' s by your name-expect to pay!!! We can certainly add numbers day of event-I bet the make plenty of food
  • Options
    My apologies, Betsy, but where can I find the "activities" information? 
  • Options

Betsy,

I would very much like to ride and possibly swim on Friday.  Should we coordinate a time after the 4 keys talk to ride on Friday morning? I get in on Thursday evening, so I plan on getting over to packet pick up around 930am on Friday, attend the 4 keys at 1030, grab my bike from TBT and after that was hoping to ride for a bit.  I recall Al and I spoke about riding around 1030, but with the 4 keys, Im thinking it may be closer to noon.  Im open to any arrangement as my plans for the day are not set in stone and Im flexible image  

• Options

There will also be an open swim time 9-11am in Tempe Town lake on Saturday I believe. Good time to get in and test the temps if you are so inclined. 

• Options
    @Kevin-check the AZIM spreadsheet-at the top. Link to spreadsheet is on Monday week 19 schedule. Make sure you have added your info and signed up for dinner if you are here Thursday evening

@Rian-thanks-I forgot to add the sat am swim but will do. I'm not planning to do it myself as I will have done the 4k TTL OWS Saturday before-temps will likely be a few degrees colder on race day.

@Danielle-after the 4keys talk is a great time to organize group. There probably isn't time to do both as it is a 30-45 min drive to Canyon Lake. I've never been there but Phoenix swim club has several OWS events there every year and it's the closest lake to Tempe.
  • Options
    Too many races ... Aaack, my number is over 3000 for the first time!
  • Options
    For those from out-of-area or who haven't done IMAZ before, doing a short swim in Tempe Town Lake during the swim session on Saturday would be beneficial. Swimming in any other local lake won't give you the same experience. The swim is for course recon vs. training - getting a feel for the water temp, learning that you can't see thru the water and going through the swim exit (up the bleachers/stairs) are valuable activities. Even though i am also doing the 4000 TTL OWS this Saturday, i will still do a short swim on Saturday morning for the temp and exit practice. Then I'll be signing up for 2014 before dropping off bike and transition bags.
  • Options
    I am almost there at 2988 and Jim Y is 2989...
  • Options

Al and Dave-must have saved the big numbers for the 'old guys'!

Pat-I wasn't planning on swimming saturday but exit practice is a valid reason for doing it.  You have lots of good suggestions-I am nominating you for assistant team captain-and since I am still on the fence about next year (although I will likely sign up sat too), team captain next year!!

• Options
    Betsy - more than happy to help with organization next week (and in the future). I'll see you Saturday morning at the swim in the crystal clear, warm waters of Tempe Town Lake (wishful thinking) and we can discuss.
  • Options
    Been following this week's training schedule to a tee not wanting to screw anything up. Been getting extra rest and liked that the last 2 long runs have dialed back in duration. Today's felt downright short after a lot of long Thursday runs. Dropped the bike off for TBT pick up which made it very real how close we are getting.
  • Options
    My wife and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon, but won't be able to make the team dinner on Thursday, as we are meeting with a friend I haven't seen in about 5+ years that evening. Would love to meet up for a ride friday after the 4 Keys talk though. Being that I'm not much of a poster on the forums or dashboard, would be nice to meet everyone and spread the MOJO!
  • Options
    Brenda - the TriClub bib list for IMAZ only shows 13 members for EN. It's missing Danielle, Steve, mike, Isabelle, Eric, Trish, Jason Brandt, Cathleen. Can you fix so we can get all of the points we deserve?