Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

The Official IRONMAN Championships Sign In Thread

Welcome to the Ironman Championships Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    This will be my 2nd time in Kona. Last year was amazing! It was fun riding the course and swimming in the ocean before the race. I have been dreaming of going back since I finished last year. My goals for this year are to have a good bike, stay focused on the run, finish in the daylight and most of all, have fun.
  • Options
    1st trip to KONA , KQ'ed at IMTX 2013 with 2nd in the M50-54AG. Recovering from a bike crash and broken clavicle so recently had to sit out IMMT. Feeling good again and picking up the training now. I am doing IMFL 3 weeks after KONA and calling IMFL the "A" race and Kona the RR. Just want to enjoy the day in KONA!
  • Options
    So now that the last Qualifiers are over how many do we have? I count Teri Cashmore, Kate Leary, Dave Tallo, and I for a total of 4. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Oops! Late again! I'm Kate, and I qualified at IMLP last month. I'm pretty excited to go to Kona, and I am still working on financing the trip! Isn't it funny how people think someone will be paying for us to do this?! I consider myself a "Fast Twitch Girl in a Slow Twitch World" since I enjoy Sprints most of all, having done every level of triathlon besides "Try a Tri." I signed up for IMLP because I jokingly told people I would do an IM when I turned 60. Now I have to do another! This rookie will be depending on you experienced folks for pointers.
  • Options

Posted By tim cronk on 27 Aug 2013 05:26 AM

So now that the last Qualifiers are over how many do we have? I count Teri Cashmore, Kate Leary, Dave Tallo, and I for a total of 4. Anyone else?
    Jay Lakamp has a lottery slot, as does Brian Ogle (but I'm not sure if he's still an EN member).ย  Todd Mellinger also qualified at AZ.ย 

• Options
    2nd trip to Kona and SO EXCITED to return! I'll be the EN Captain for this race, and will be spreading team mojo far and wide on the big island.

Racing 40-44 (for the last time!) with a hard goal to get under 10:00.
  • Options

Posted By Dave Tallo on 27 Aug 2013 12:03 PM

2nd trip to Kona and SO EXCITED to return! I'll be the EN Captain for this race, and will be spreading team mojo far and wide on the big island.

Racing 40-44 (for the last time!) with a hard goal to get under 10:00.
    Woohoo nice goal Captain! ย Looks like we have 6 counting Todd and Jay.... Brian wasnt listed as a member anymore unless I spelled his name wrong!

• Options
    This will be my second time back after being blessed and winning another lottery spot, 2011 and now 2013. I think once you've been there it's like crack (addicting)....you have to go back. Last time I was there I met a guy in the Energy Lab and got him across the finish line to win a million dollar bet for charity and this time I want to do it right. It will be good to meet you guys for the first time or the second time (IMTX Tim).