Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Kona Swim

With no wetsuits allowed, does anyone plan to use a speedsuit, or whatever you call it, at Kona? Are there benefits that you see? A few years ago, at the Nationals in Tuscaloosa, I was first out of the water for my age group, but barely. A woman I always beat soundly in wetsuit legal races was wearing a speedsuit and came out right behind me. She swears by it. Wondering pros and cons.

Comments

• Options
    I have a swim skin and will be using it again. I notice a drag from the pockets on my tri top when I don't use one. If you don't have one another option that I've seen people do is wear a swim suit on top of your kit. It doesn't work as well as a swim skin but it will prevent water from filling up the pockets in your tri top.
  • Options
    I'll wear one, though it's stilll not going to put me in the same zipcode as Teri coming out of the water ...
  • Options

Do you have a favorite brand of swim skin? I don't own one, and I'm not really wanting to buy one, as I have spent way too much money on this endeavor already. I may try to borrow one. 

• Options
    I have a Torque Pro. I like the way it fits and feels in the water. This is the only one I've so cant compare to other brands.
  • Options
    xterra skins cheap if you get one during their frequent sales.