Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Under four weeks to go ...

Comments

• Options
    I'm feeling fat! Too many weddings and other events with eating ops lately! I have to work on getting back to Race Weight quickly! I am very excited about Kona, yet apprehensive, as my training is not where it was leading into IMLP. I needed down time after that IM, and it's been tough getting back to business and making my zones in training. There's not much time to work with, so I hope my IMLP fitness will carry my through. I'm spending time working on the mental aspects, too, since people have been sharing their Kona horror stories with me. (Thanks, friends! LOL!)
  • Options
    I gotta say I'm feeling pretty good... Happy with all my numbers... Raced an OLY Saturday to blow of the rust that had aquired since my bike crash/collarbone debacle and placed 1st in AG out of 30 and 32 OA out of 550.... Took an easy day on sunday and then today's long ride netted a new 5hr Power PR with a very steady AP179/NP180 TSS 292 IF .763 wahooo! http://connect.garmin.com/activity/376879141

Dropping my bike off at TBT 9/23 next monday... so I'll have to ride the old QR with no power or put it on the CT... feeling pretty relaxed for the big show! Cant wait to get there!
  • Options
    I'm happy to say that I'm feeling pretty good. I was able to recovery quickly from 70.3 worlds and get a few good workouts in this past week. Now I need to get a couple long bikes and I should be I good shape. Getting very excited!

Dave, how is your hip?
  • Options
    The hip is healed! I'm SO happy. Finished a long run tonight with no pain, and completed RR1 last weekend in high winds.

I'm so grateful be healed up.
  • Options

Posted By Kate Leary on 16 Sep 2013 10:05 AM

I'm spending time working on the mental aspects, too, since people have been sharing their Kona horror stories with me. (Thanks, friends! LOL!)
    And to the "horror stories:" don't be intimidated ... you've done this before!   Conditions aside, it's business as usual, and you swim, then you bike, then you run.  I agree that developing a mental arsenal is important, but the distance is the real beast, and you've covered it already with high success!  
  • Options
    Thanks for the confidence boost, Dave!