Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

Week 17 :: Bike Test and Last LONG Run

2»

Comments

• Options
    Saturday bike went ok. just did rounds of 25min high zone 2 low zone 3 and 5min recover. was low on some of the watts but felt comfortable on the bike for the first time since I dumped it a couple of weeks back. Rode later in the day and the heat became a factor.
    Will get out a little earlier tomorrow.
  • Options
    No heat issues here - low 50's yesterday and again this morning. I did the w/up and first 20' on the trainer so I could be back in time to watch Kona. Timing was perfect, walked in door and hit the laptop as the cannon went off. Held several intervals at .78-.8 -- aided by the cooler temps with all at least .75. I pushed the first few intervals outside since I had about a 15' break taking the bike off the trainer. Got a new Infinit formula w/out Protein and seems to be a bit easier to stomach later in the ride. The 4 hour mark seems to be where things start getting tough on the gut.

ABP ride will be later today as I am watching Chicago marathon and slept in!

• Options
    I did my 4.5 hr bike on Friday and 3.5 hr bike yesterday. Had to finish the last 1.5 hrs of each on the trainer because my lower back was cramping. My right ham string right glut and right lower back having been tight for about two weeks. Starting to get nervous. Any one have advice?
  • Options
    Fri was off....legs were thrashed after thur long run...sat was tempo run & 2.1 mi ows....today was long ride...couldn't find my rhythm for z2 stuff so turned into ABP ride....ended up 4 hrs @ .84....last 30 min climbing @ z4
  • Options
    3hrs 10min on the trainer with a 1hr run off the bike. looks like rain all week here...
  • Options
    I'm not gonnna lie...the fatigue monkey is all over my back. I did 2 hours yesterday of (4)x 20 and got another 2 hrs of ABP today. It was all I could mentally and physically take.
  • Options
    @Jamie, my ride was total crap today. i folded my tent half way through as it was just a waste of time. pathetic power numbers. I was Oscar the Grouch on a Cervelo.

some things i am SICK of right about now:
    *15 mile an hour headwinds
    *dark mornings
    *washing water bottles
    *food in powdered or gel form
    *my taint
    *to "always be pushing"

I could go on and on. I just want to get this thing over with already!!
  • Options
    @Greg- Make that 2 of us on Cervelos that were Oscar the Grouch. And I am still laughing at your list of "thinks I am SICK of"! I am almost positive we can all relate. What is about a headwind that just sucks the ever living life out of you????
  • Options
    Jamie and Greg - Funny yall mention that. About a week ago, I started a runnig list of things that I am looking forward to doing once the race is over.
  • Options
    I am glad that I am not the only one dealing fatigue and motivation issues. Did two 30 mile rides this weekend...it was all I had the heart to do.