Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2014 IM Mont Tremblant Official Introductory Thread

Comments

• Options
    Late to checking in. I'll be going Rev3 Quassy for the second time and following it up with Mont Tremblant 70.3 and then IMMT.

Steve, you and I are in the same boat! IMLP was my first attempt at Iron distance (though I've successfully done all other distances over the years) and DNF'd. I was already a member of EN and credit the coaches and team with getting me as far as I got (to T2 but rolled in at 5:34 pm so the officials wouldn't let me run). I had surgery and three illnesses last year that greatly affected my training. I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't be able to finish with such little training under my belt but since it's non-refundable...
    I did the best I could.
    I learned a lot, still had fun, and am really looking forward to COMPLETING my first IM.

Steve B - Since we're neighbors let me know if you want to try to train together come warmer weather.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I'm excited to be here in my first year with EN. IMMT will be my first IM and I hope to absorb knowledge from all you multi IM finishers. My goal is simple, to execute my race plan giving my best effort with a smile on my face at the finish line. No specific time goals.
    I'm running Boston Marathon, then IM EagleMan 70.3, and a couple very hilly biking events in VA to prepare for the hills of IMMT.
  • Options
    Better late than never for checking in...this is my 4th IM...all w/EN....best finish = 13:04 @ IMFL last yr....I'm a MOP guy in the 55-59 AG....presently in Jan OS with run durability hack....my training includes a couple spring bike races....Hunterdon & Battenkill....BRP cycling camp....MT 70.3 then on to the big dance
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

This is my 2nd year with Team EN. IMMT will be my 2nd attempt at IM distance. Last year I dnf'd Lake Placid as I just wasn't fast enough on the bike. When 5:30 rolled around I was at the top of Papa Bear, 2 miles from T2. While I was very disappointed I also realized that I had made considerable progress (yes, I was even slower on the bike...) There is no way that I could have swum or biked as much as I did that day without Team EN. 

This season I have renewed hope, expectations, and excitement about training and racing. I WANT THIS! I will be participating in the July training camp which should also help me get my head around the bike course.

My family and I have rented a condo in MT so we will be spending the week there (Thursday - Thursday) and we look forward to exploring a new place, supporting fellow Team ENers,  and having a great time. 

My other races this year include the New England TriFest HIM at Lake Fairlee, VT on June 29th (only 8 miles from my house - beats the 3.5 hour drive and expense of Quassy but I will miss the Team EN mojo) and a local sprint on June 21st.

• Options

Hey does anyone need or want to split accommodation for IMMT?  I'm travelling alone and have pulled out of the race due to injury but I've decided to volunteer instead.

• Options
    @Criag, I have already booked and paid for a hotel with two double beds and a great power boat free lake in the back. Dates are from Wednesday through Sunday. Check out is Monday.

http://www.legrandlodge.com/

Send me an direct IM if you are interested.
  • Options
    Hi Gang, bringing up the end here, I am racing IMMT with you all. This will be my 3rd IM and my husbands 1st. Racing with my EN peeps as well as a lot of Detroit peeps ( trish marshall!!) Just got to get up the hills, that's my goal!
  • Options
    Doing my Ironman Tour de Canada this year. Whistler followed by Mont-Tremblant three weeks later.

Really looking forward to IMMT. My brother and step-sister will be doing this as their first IM. It will be #7 for me.

I'd like to finish in the 10:45-ish range.
  • Options
    I am in too. As long as I can stay healthy. I am a radiologist in NC. Looks like I'll have a lot of company in the 50-54 AG and I'll see many of you at BRPCAMP. I'm stoked about this race cuz my 16 year old daughter has signed up as a volunteer lifeguard. She is a strong swimmer, very conscientious and will take good care of us. It will also be nice to wake up a 4:30 race morning and get to walk to the start with her. This will be #7(6*) for me. I have done IM France, Vineman, IM Florida, IMLP, IMLou, and IMCdA (2014). Like Mike Sabo my main goal is to get healthy to race. Distant secondary goal is sub 11:00.
  • Options
    Better late than never, I'm in! I will be doing IMMT as my 2nd IM ( as I did lake placid last year). I will be doing Quassey as a warm-up on the way ( definitely hoping that it isn't as hot as last year). I am excited to be part of this team and I am trying to make the camp depending on my work schedule.

Goals: improve my training, beat my Lake Placid time and keep nutrition in check.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    Hey Team,

Missed this thread a ways back, but as my brother Bruce mentioned, I'm in and will be IM #4, all with EN. Goal is to finally have an IM that I'm coming into half-way healthy and make sure I get my nutrition right after last years blow up at IM Lou.... (got too de-hydrated and ending up having to walk much of the back half of the marathon - but used my EN knowledge to make sure I finished).

So far, I'm doing fairly well on the training and the body is hanging in there....Will be doing the Boulder 70.3 in June, Chicago ITU race and then IMMT. Looking forward to going "International", but worried about the crazy KM markers on the run! Looking forward to seeing some new and old EN faces as well as old east coast friends - will be a great adventure.....
  • Options

Hello All,

This will be my second IM. My first was also IMMT last August. I had a fantastic experience and vowed to sign up for this year's as well. The reason last year was so magical had nothing to do with my time  or place- neither good enough to brag about, but the venue and the amazing support from all of the volunteers made my first IM one of the most memorable experiences of my life.  

I am looking forward to meeting y'all and wish you all good luck and health as you train!

Regards,

Stephanie

• Options

Hi Everyone!

Just got my email to join the group...   I could've sworn I was already in here, but it doesn't look like it. 

Anyways, IMMT 2014 will be my second IM, as my first was IMWI in 2012.  I'm hoping this one goes better than IMWI.   Last time I had a bunch of things go whacky...   Bike crash 8 weeks before event( no damage to bike, but broke thumb when I hit the pavement);  I took my bike in to have it checked about a week before event as I was getting noise in bottom bracket:  mechanic said it was a cracked frame( it was sent to Trek and they said it was cracked paint)...  I had to ride my road bike for the event instead of tri-bike and this caused me back spasms to the point I couldn't run, so I walked 23 miles of the marathon like Quasimodo.)   Still finished in under 17 hrs. 

Keeping fingers crossed and wishing everyone else luck...

• Options
    Hey Gang!

Nice to "meet" everyone. ( :

looking forward to meeting some of you at the camp and seeing you out there on the race course (70.3 and Full)

I am new to EN and this is my first Ironman. My goal for race day is to smile lots' and soak it in.

see you soon! ( :

Val

• Options
    Hi team, I'm considering going to training camp in July. I will be traveling up from NH alone. I live in Hooksett? (Southern nh) Anyone also traveling up from the area? Also to help defer travel costs, are there any females interested in sharing a room?

Talk to you soon.
  • Options

I just signed up for the IMMT camp.  Any male want to share a room?

• Options

I just made a reservation at the IMMT camp, EN designated hotel for July 10 thru 13.  Studio room with 2 double beds.  $219/night + tax.

Anyone want to share the room and expense?

• Options
    Hi all. I've got a question about IMMT's deferment policy - like is there even one? I sustained some serious damage at American Zofingen last weekend. It is going to be some time before I am even allowed to run, much less ride or even swim. Therefore, with less than 3 months to the horn I need to assess whether I can transfer to another IM - and give up our sweet accommodations at the Westin that week.
  • Options
    Racing both the half and full in MT. Going for a Hawaii slot hoping to go in the vicinity of 9:30. IMMT will be my 4th IM have done Florida, Placid and New York. Have an extra room in a condo for the Half if anyone is interested.

• Options
    Hi gang, well.....it looks like me and the hubs will be joining you at this race. It was not our my agenda, but the fabulous JW has given us an opportunity that we could not resist.  We just finish Rev3Quassy, and are doing a hacked trg week to recover and then it is straight into IM training for this girl. Hubby is doing IMLP, so he is already into IM training. I do have a HIM on July 13 on my way to Tremblant as well. I did the 70.3 last year so I am familiar with the course and since the location is only 2hours away from our city, we will be able to ride and run on the course.  Happy training everyone.
  • Options
    Cool Brenda.   Welcome.
  • Options
    Woot! Awesome Brenda!
  • Options
    Brenda! Brenda! Brenda!!!!!!!! Steve! Steve! Steve!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!
  • Options
    So happy to hear the Ross' are making an appearance.  We are going to have an awesome presence at this race!  SO looking forward to being around EN peeps.  Love the mojo of this team!!
  • Options
    Yeah, the American's go to Canada to meet the Ross' on home turf!!! Could be a good sitcomimage
  • Options
    Steve, I told JW this morning, you are officially nucking futs. A back-to-back double header?!? Regardless, look forward to seeing all of you at the finish line on august 17th. Who cares if it's my 14th wedding anniversary that day, all I care about is hearing Mike Reilly call my name image
  • Options
    Steve, it is our anniversary weekend as well (Fri Aug 15) We will be celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary.
  • Options
    Wife lisa watson and i doing this. Again. Last in 2012.
    Please see my recent texas iron race report for my focus and goals.
    Looking forward to being there with family.
    Plan to tap into the collective EN energy.
    Loooking forward to channeling all I have to give in this 11 th start and finish.

P.s. Tribike Transport has stopped servicing the usa pacific northwest for this and many other races. I would appreciate you barraging the company and Ironman with complaints regarding this. Thanks
  • Options

Hey guys,

I thought I'd posted here already.... go figure. I will be racing IMMT this August, as part of the Tremblant Dirty Double. Have to say, I am starting to get excited! This will be my fourth IM, leading into a non-IM year in 2015 (famous last words).

This year is about results and fun, and so far I'm toeing the line. IMMT is one of the best run IMs I've seen so far, and I can't wait to take advantage of what it has to offer. With a bunch of friends out on the course too, what more could you ask for!

Happy training kids, we're just getting to the fun part!

N.