Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Dave Howard-Micro Question

Coach,

Had a massive disintegration last week + trip etc.

Last weekend was feeling "less than motivated" and a bit sore (deep ache-not typical DMOS) ...nothing too extreme. TSS from prior weeks was pushing up to 130-150 range and I ended up hitting all my high end power and pace #s despite feeling like I had to drag myself to track SUN (actually PR'd mile/15K average time from planned intervals + "run as you feel" LOL)....'Needed' that MON off so did nothing except some light stretching.

Bike Tues was miserable -hit the #s for the first 12' Z4 then bailed after 20 min of Z3....no brick run....thought I would try hitting WED hard. ....Run was "OK" #'s (no real post interval Z2 work)- but hurt (not injury pain..just deep ache)

Thurs was a fly-travel day and Fri was travel as well ...SAT did a quick 3 miles w/hills and a 2 HR massage... couldn't muster a stationary ride SUN.

feel better today though likely also have URI.....

SOooooo.....

I'm thinking Do Tues WKO today, WED WKO Tues and take WED as off/yoga day.  Duration by feel (ie do main set hard then not push WKO to 90+ min as I have been)....or go low intensity and build back to full by THR?

In the past I've been Glycogen depleted, sleep deprived, dehydrated, and just plane un-motivated....this absolute disintegration (started last sat on bike when everything felt like riding in peanut butter (despite good #s)), is new to me. My prior work schedule had me off from training 3(sometimes 4) days in a row every week.....  so maybe I'm just not used to HARD x3days with just 24hr recovery before HARD x2?

Sugestions?

Thanx!

Comments

• Options

Just as an addendum....

My energy levels are fully recovered -glycogen topped up :)   still a little "thick ache" in quad's but much better.... part of me wants to dive right back in @ 110%.....but....   I guess I'm wondering if your experience says ive had enough recovery or take it causiously (Id hate to fall back in training w/o legit injury etc).

• Options
    David, we want 95% right now. Learning to walk that line is part of the process of creating the conditions for a breakthrough....but you are only a few consonants away from a breakDOWN...

I'd rather have you ride / run at 95% soooooo if FTP is 280 I want 266-270...not 290.

The goal with the OutSeason is cumulative fatigue, not the type of fatigue induced by epic individual workouts. Given your Sunday run, it sounds like you are a victim of your own progress.... image

Please keep me posted!
  • Options

Coach,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I get it .... (need to be training smarter....)  I've been "fudging high" on all my WKOs ie if Z4 is 190-200w I 'think 200w'...but will tend to average 210w and the same for the Z3 work & runs Z4=8:22 and I averaged 8:04 splits.... etc.  Its not that I don't trust the #s ...its just that darn "if 200w is good then 210w is a better" effort.  ...logically I realize this isn't necessarily true....its just hard to reign back.  {its funny that this isn't a problem with racing}

I did some foam roller work and a quick 45' (Spinervals- technique & recovery) bike trainer ride as a recovery/test of readiness and felt good. Will jump back in on regular schedule -but try and hold to set zone and not feel under performing if I average 199w for Z4 :)

• Options
    EXACTLY! There's a fine line between.....fit and broken. And there will come a time when you will need to dig deeper...now is not that time (esp if your body is pushing back). Keep me posted!
  • Options

Hey Coach,

Thanx for the feedback.

So far this week: Although I almost switched things up and did Tues WKO Mon etc.. I took the "extra" Off day ...Still getting my Push/pull Ups and Sit up volume (no failure sets) as prep for upcoming PT test....but otherwise resting Mon.

Tues Brick went well with no "over achieving" on #s bike or run.... Wed TM run as designed except surges done at 10x 200m @ 6:00 pace (vDOT 42) as it is hard to get quick up and down pace on TM and I need some speed work to help drop my 2 mile time for the Army run test as well.  the 3x1mile @ vDot Z4 feels easier than it has been. None of these WKOs leaving me wasted.

Tonight's Bike went well but the VOT intervals didn't mesh well with head/chest cold so had a bit of a coughing fit after 4 th interval(still good #s just hardr to get full -deep breaths. 20 min of Z3 felt EZ after. ...stopped at end of IM Cairns vid  with TSS 98 VS the 130-150+ I'd been pushing last few weeks.

more foam roller work as well ...

So... TSS from Tues & Thr around 100Each and then OK to go longer on weekend to TSS 120-150? ~2 hr with added Z2-Z3 post main set sound reasonable?

• Options
    That's good -- and smart!! -- work. Me likey. You can go 2 hours if you feel 100% (no cough). If that's not the case, then just do what's required so we can keep you fit but not waste you!
  • Options

Had to Fly home last weekend -wife in hospital (again) -(now home & better) Anyway lost SUN Run....Got a great outdoor Run up Sabino canyon at a continuous HR right at top of Z4 w/ only a couple of bumps above 170 on a couple steep sections....then held a steady -sane decent. Resisted the urge to do a "double" (15mls)

Also a close approximation of VO2 sets on Gym bike and some general strength work in....not a lot of volume but kept the intensity up.

Weather back here in NJ is turning crap again..... here is my thoughts.

There is a 5K tomorrow 1 hr away w/ an afternoon start -should be ~50 deg/no rain. Later this week 20-30's w/ snow/ sleet etc.

RR today (technique spin & stretch/roller [quads still tight), 5K SUN (Test), MON Off, TUES BIKE TEST (I do these on Trainer anyway)...then a RUN WED....(TM something along the 1.5 mile repeats with extended Z2-3 to 90min?) .....then back on OS plan WKOs   ?

• Options
    @David, your plan sounded great...how did it go? Sorry for not seeing this sooner! If you need an answer in less than 24 hours, you can always text me: (617) 513-3830 Cell Phone (EST Time)
  • Options

Coach

Hey no -pro....sorry such short notice my bad.....

Did a local 5k race ...probably could have sprinted in the last few hundred yards but kept it steady. Was a (.40 yr old version me's) PR so cant be that bad... VDOT 39 now 42.   I chose a race because even though the only runners near me where some girls from the local Jr High :) and I'm not all that super competitive overtly.... I do find the setting a target on those ahead and slowly picking them off keeps me focused better than loops on a track watching a watch. Lungs still a bit phlegmy.

Did the Bike test today....much better.

Under pushed the VO2 some -I think I was scared Id burn out and have another poor 20' test. Held the watts just above prior test and HR peaked right at the end into Z5 (166max)-it hurt -but I could have gotten 10more watts if I didn't have more WKO to follow by mentally diving in.

FTP started conservatively for first 5-10 min at "around my goal estimate watts (220)"....then built up holding above this number...and last 5 min averaged 13 watts higher than this estimated # (HR up to Z5 as high as 5' test in the last 5') 

20' ave =24watts higher than prior test @224 (last 5' 233) HR ave 160 up to 167 for last 5'

I Plan on doing last weeks 3x1mile + Z2-3 for tomorrow then back on plan.

Also.... I guess this is a MACRO question (?)...I may not be able to travel for Mt Lemmon Marathon in April(27)....was suppose to start the "marathon plan" soon.....but with the ? of going.....was thinking to just extend the weekend run(add Z2& GRP and adding Hill work to mid week run (its 6K ft of 4-6% continuous grade).....  and otherwise stick with OS plan...... Thoughts?

• Options
    David, great progress on BOTH counts...very impressive!!

As for your question, yes if no Mt Lemmon sufferfest, then onwards with the OS as the gains are so solid. Extend weekend run to 90-120 minutes...extend mid-week run to 75 minutes....and get in all bricks / additional runs!!
  • Options

Hey Coach....

So I did it....got the leave time for the l'ill jog up the hill in April. :)

I looked at the Balanced Int. Marathon plan (was going to start the tweak w/ adding the MON Z1 run ...but with all the being sick...not so much.  When I look at Fusing the OS and this plan I think swapping SUN/SAT Run/Bike So Marathon plan Run gets done SAT and OS Bike SUN with extended Bike time as feels OK. That And ADD the Marathon MON Run.....but for now keep OS about the same (I need the Z5 runs for the Army 2 mile at end of this month as well)....

Then going to full Marathon plan w/ added swimming up till the APR 27 race.  

...then start swim camp ? w/some MTB outside rides because...I'm thinking strongly of doing the XTERRA NJ "King of the Hill" on MAY 10 as a "fun" race. Any Open water swim chance will be a big mental plus for me. No time/place goals...no big taper sorta just a scenic brick WKO (power intervals/hills bike w/Run hill work....) Then Neck deep into Race prep.....?   AAA race July 26

• Options
    David, yes to your weekend modification (Sat = marathon run, Sun = OS bike, Mon = Marathon INT run)...but Friday HAS TO be off. No questions please. Let me know how that goes and we can adjust as needed!
  • Options

Sounds Good.  I like FRI ALL off.

Unrelated....this week has been jacked up as I had food poisoning and even fainted and bashed head (early am SAT)....tried a SUN EZ run that didn't go great (OK -ish) then off MON and tried to do Tues Ride and couldn't hold watts for Z4 efforts cut out at 1 hr and did run brick (run felt fine-even good). But woke up at 4 am with chills and such   ...went in to get checked and I have CT of head and US of belly tomorrow strict no work (or WKO today or tomorrow)

Hopefully Ill be OK by weekend ....if so I plan just LSD BIKE/RUNs and such....after FRI off too.    

Sigh.....

• Options
    Yikes! Please keep me posted on your results..yes to LSD this weekend if clear, let's get you back on the horse!
  • Options
    Coach....feeling better...normal tired now image Doing a lot of overnight Field coverage on top of full work days but pulled off a good hard+ long week last week (extra 90' + 12'WU @ Z3 on top of MS 2x20Z4 bike + 45' of 1/2IM pace run) SUN for example. Anyway, Mt Lemmon is out -postponed till 2015 image so bact to "just OS last 2 weeks.... (no need for 20 mile long run yeah) But I wana add some swim drills ....then IM thinking Swim clinic to tack on at end of OS (Gona do a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks now for pace test) ....waiting for MACRO reply for plan ....just wanted to update ya.
    Was really surprised how long that concussion had me out of it.
    OH-digging the Hookas (I have a few construction gripes-and can’t do true speedwork {cant get up on toes so maybe a good thing image } but I think they will really help impact stress with mileage increases coming up).

And one other thing...waiting on Strava join approval....any thing IM not doing or is it usualy a few days?
  • Options
    Thanks for the update....I will bump rich on Strava...I think that's him...what hokas did you get?
  • Options
    The conquest. more stable feeling than my first try a few years ago (too squishy) still getting a feel for them vs my Gell noosha's.
    Sudden L foot pain today and < 3 HR sleep last few nights = might skip run today image not sure what foot pain is but its not with palpation of any foot bones ....does feel like my old FX in that foot ...Ill watch it and I supose its good that I can back down a bit on long runs for the moment. (I havnt run sence last SUN so I don't think this is an over use injury ....)
  • Options
    ERG....keep me posted...I have heard they are firmer...hope it's nothing...
  • Options

Thanx  ....its a real WTF? kinda thing.  No pain when sitting then three steps and Youser! Cant hardly put weight on it....  but then better after a bit of gimping....and no pain when pressed on by hand.   Might need it checked....did no Run/Bike yesterday(or Monday for that mater).  Wondering about today....and....

Oh and dealing with a bunch of sick soldiers out in the field and getting < 4 HR of sleep per night last week & 1/2 has me coming down w/ cold symptoms....sheeeeeesh.  

My thoughts are try indoor bike (if foot OK) w/ or W/O brick. Kinda start the Tues-Wed WKOs w/o FRI off (do TUES today[Thr], WED WKO FRI) then SAT SUN as schedualed and Vol as tolerated  -now that no Marathon prep VOL is needed. 

If Bike is OK= full bike WKOs  If Foot OK= full Run WKOs ....if Bike OK and Nun not so much ...extend Z3/Z2 time and drop runs (swim?)

and if Bike & Run= No-Go ...that would be bad... um ....then maybe do "pre-OS End" start to swim camp and consider OS done with testing difered till able to tolerate.  ?

Oh I supose I should do a formal review in the equipment section on the Hookas.

• Options
    David, I agree with the bike but think that we don't want to go too crazy with the run yet...I just want boring, consistent running -- no flash, just pain free. Speed will come when your health is there. Ok?

If sleep is bad, I hope you are hydrating and fueling really well all day!!! Your commitment is amazing, and commendable.

Please keep me posted!
  • Options
    OK.....Today went to ER as I still was having the periodic pains in foot. Kinda worried as I had bad FX in same spot as the pain a few years ago and tend to tolerate the dull ache of a FX well enough and might not be appreciating the significance of the current pain, so thought maybe somehow re-injured this spot....X-Rays normal And Naprosyn seems to help even when I get a zinger. Soooo I Am being "good" only going to do my usual FRI Yoga/core with Some Pushups (up on toes doesn't hurt-go figure).

Anyway.... Sleep should be better -head cold not so bad and My legs/body feels happy to have had the rest. Ill back off the run intensity...Ive 'drug dealed' my way outa having to do my 2mile PT test for a couple weeks (I didn't get a Dr note to "no run") so I suppose I'll have to be happy with whatever I get vs doing a lot of 5'/mile paced 400s& 800s ..... and now with no marathon I wont be out 18-20 miles,
    I didn't register for the HM for pace test....its not full so I suppose I'll see how this week goes. I'll do the bike tomorrow and see how the foot feels....and brick only if no issues. Will be doing swim block after OS.....so if foot an issue might shift up and not do OS Week 14 and after swim block then do the test week before getting into IM plan.

Just a rough couple weeks after the concussion then crazy double duty work for last week n' a half tough lajisticly for sleep (even then, still had my highest VOL week of OS [and exceeded all my MS intensity #s] image {pain free! and felt fine after-surprise}

Thanx for the encouragement! Around here....only pure runners or pure roadies...and mostly Crossfiters and MMA guys LOL I'm just that crazy guy that no one relates too.....

Since I'm babbling anyway....
    I must say my run times on the long runs have definitely improved -on the end particularly. I ALWASE try and neg split. Its a counter to all the times I died at mile 5 back in my collage cross country (10K) days ~1985-87 LOL. I psychically "need" to go harder in the last 1/4 or so. Anyway I've found that I have been seeing pace numbers at mile 14-16 of a 18 mile run faster than what I normally do during 8-10 mile SS runs. It seems to take several miles of spooling up to be comfortable at VDOT M and HM paces.
    Just an interesting observation. (and hopefully an indictor of proper nutrition plan and the ability to access untapped resources that can be applied when needed later -vs just under performing the first half image )
  • Options
    Coach,
    Short notice.... but Thinking (I know....this can be bad)....
    I tested my foot with good-hard bike as well as a fast Z4-5 6 mile run w/o pain {I had already changed to swim camp so didn't see brick was less ...ooops} As I missed ALL weeks running ...and I have this 2 mile PT test coming in 2 weeks..... might I should do "Some" run WKO...maybe just a few 800s if foot tolerates? then maybe an EZ drill day at pool? SUN which has "rest" planned......I'll be good the rest of week -I promise image
  • Options

FYI...

I was "good" and took the rest day as plan dictated....just a few sets of PU/SU's....Might do short skills set IF I can get to pool for lunch...otherwise some yoga tonight.....and get ready to test.

Just realizing my foot =no pain till today at work....mild discomfort in my boots - @the fold on top at lases... presses on my 'spot' ....I might have to modify lases or go to a tennis shoe profile (gag!) also a palpable ckick and shift at the underlying toebone to footbone joint. No Podiatry apountment for likaly 1+ weeks. No pain whatsoever now with running/biking though.

Finaly nice wether....and its R&R day :(   

• Options
    Good modifications...and good problem solving on the foot! I think that you should plan on modifying the laces there...please keep me posted!
  • Options
    Coach, Not sure if last 11 days of season counts as MICRO LOL
    Haven’t checked in in a while….had an unexpected 4 days completely off over the 4th…make that 5 because of work issues once back. Did my 18mile before which pace#s where good but poor RR as I ran out of fluids after 2 hrs and lost 9 lbs (maybe a little rhabdo)…so the time off was actually needed. (lost ALL the deep fatigue I had felt from the “Camp WKOs”) Tweaked the bike so as to loose but 1 SUN ride. Sorta “made Up” for the RR run with a 2.5 HR run last week that went well. Had to move SAT Bike RR to SUN and it went “OK” hit by storm and had to wait out 15 min and had several short stops to fudz with my power meter/pee/swap bottles. …then the winds hit 10-20mph w/ race wheels…but used HR to correct for the crazy power fluctuations from the wind and hills/rollers (yes I picked this as it is similar to race site) ….so IF ended up .72 which was about goal and even though speed was 17 somethin, 113mls/6:32 it wasn’t waaaay off GRP (18.5mph) and pwer/hr was quite stable on hills. Felt like I could have gone quite a bit faster by the end. Good hydration (lost 1 lb total for day) peed 5 times on bike (got off bike durring RR –which I won’t be doing on race day expt at the stop just before the big climb (X2) which I plan on doing a good full body soak down and neck/back stretch (ml 40 and 96)) Run was really quite EZ off bike. HARD to slow down! Particularly that 1st mile but settled into a 10:10-10:20 which is kinda Z1 +20sec…..I then ran mile 6 as a “how I would feel to race” pace…turns out that is HR Z4.2 and @ 8:50 (right at VDOT Z2) I don’t have any intention of going faster than 9:30 BTW on race day. Race has 3x8ml loops Plan is-first @ 10:30, second @ 10:00, 3rd…well see ?…9:30 if feeling good.
    Was my usual “OK I’m kinda over it” at 3hrs in. and energy slump at 4 hrs but noticed the jells w/ caffeine seemed to kick up my energy by HR 5 and I had to dial back my power around mile 85-100. –IM trying to wean my daily use of caffeine…..decently noticed it helping. No caffeine during run. Felt tired in a “it’s been a long day” not an exhausted tired.
    ANYWAY…. Going into Taper week
    Took MONDAY off completely.
    Some calf tendonitis that hurts only on bike. Some shoulder tightness from riding against angled gusts for hours down on pads that I think need about 2 degrees of inward tilt (felt like I had to fight to keep elbows from rolling outward and off –not really but it created constant tension)
    Weather is terrible here (NJ) bike back up on trainer. I’m Ok with running in rain if the lightning chills out and no more tornados (really? in Jersey –had a “seek shelter” tornado warning last night).
    Bad L shoulder pain that stops me right at 1.5 miles into swim. 2 weeks ago did full wetsuit 4k…and was feeling good-relaxed and w/u feeling like I was even at race pace was 20 sec faster that my last no-suit TT. Then bam the pain came back had to stop at 3600 yards. I’ve since done NO Swimming for 9 days. No upper body strength work etc. Even had a kenaloge shot….pain only at odd times/angles but still not gone.
    No possible swim tomorrow. ….however thinking to try an EZ swim THRS and a Full 4K FRI (?)
    I Fly out to CAL (San Fran) WED and travel to Sonoma Thrs. Race is SAT 50s in am bike 60 at start to 92 by T2 3hrs of run >90 then drops quick. Despite the heat….still hope to break 12hrs.
    Swim ~1:20 maybe as bad as 1:30 if arm fails (who knows how fast I can swim one armed?) 1:10 perfect world
    Bike 6:15- Best bike split (w/ 10mph wind and .72of 220 FTP) says 5:53…..but I think it presumes I would be much more aggressive downhill (40+ mph on a couple) I also hope to be about 4-6 lbs lighter than the 178# used. Added Jells every hour (last 4) and dialed back the drink concentrations. 3 salt stick caps x2
    Run: as described pacing. Jells at every other aid station+ EFS hand grenades add coke as I feel. Don’t forget the Salt stick caps this year! Potty break at T2 to try and preempt any issues.

Trying to get into the taper -lots of foam roller time!
    OH and the foot is 98% OK likely was a stress FX...never did make the podiatry visit- no time at work to get away.

Any thoughts/Modifications?
  • Options
    This is great stuff! I don't want you swimming 4k at all; you can do 2k Thursday and 2k Friday (Friday as TT swim).

You need to crush fluids out of gate on bike to prep for run heat. Definite arm coolers on bike and run and keep them wet. And I suggest a salt stick pill every hour starting on the bike and for rest of day. First two miles of the bike is all about getting wet and dropping your HR.

How does all that sound!?
  • Options
    Coach-Thanx for quick reply.
    I have accepted I "CAN" do the 4K -once settled into my pace its never been an endurace issue (beyond mental).
    Ill get wet THRS and FRI and do at least FRI in wetsuit.
    Ive been riding and doing long runs w/ cooling sleaves. These realy do seem to help. I just ordered cooling "wings" as my Tri suit leaves shoulders exposed. Ill try these out once they arrive. I might look a bit goofy -but I'll be OK with that image
    I get it about the fluids....Ive been a heavy sweat/salt loss guy and ....you guessed it, I tend to start slow with getting drinks and cal's in (realy? its time for a jell already? -blech). I plan on using the Gatorade Endurance on course and will force myself to take gels on schedule. I need to add some solids periodically and they have cliff bars which I don't have GI issues with, but not sure I need the fat/fiber etc. -I have some power bars but find them hard to eat when they get melty >80degrees. I think Ill do a two bottle back with the on course gatoraid in one, water in the other (after first pre-mix bottle is done)- aero bottle will be cytomax and EFS from add mix packets using refills from water bottle before swaps. This will allow for water splashdowns as well.
    I have become a believer in the salt sticks and will (try) not to forget them this year!
    My HR coming out of water rarely is all that fast. And actually the first 1-2 hours on bike will be chilly....low 60s then right up to 90s. I did over cook last 1/2IM bike start -largely due to terrible swim (bronchospasms caused me to wheeze and do back stoke for most of the distance-never happened before during swim-wasn't ready for the cold i guess)....I promise to be good this time image ....and race the plan reguarless of event splits.
    I'll make sure I eat/drink by the clock when on the bike regardless of how I feel during the "easy and cool" hours too.

Oh and more on RR: First couple 100+ milers where tough. Some was conditioning, some was the wind/ hills. but also somewhat finding that "happy spot". I think the first couple I needed more cal's and fluids. Also IF of .75-.8 is too hi to run a marathon after. The last one .72 seemed a bit under done. ! I'm still at the OMG I FINNISHED a whole 112 miles stage LOL....but it is getting ...easier... As judged by the "after feel". Trying to dial in how much less than COULD = SHOULD pace. judging by the results of last RR (not sure how valid considering the interruptions [mostly in first 2 hrs])....I could actually have a good run vs last IM hitting the wall at mile 6 and then going into recovery mode for 8 then hang on for the rest image Seems like if it wasn't so windy a 6:15 would have been very doable w/o added effort. 6:00 would have felt a bit more like I was actually focused on riding vs focused on staying relaxed {but run a marathon after?}-kinda like the discomfort of running at Z1+30 sec vs my happy place in the sweet spot between Z1 & Z2. The last 112ml RR=HR at 115 for first hour (PWR 140-150) HR 120s for the rest of ride (PWR 165 +/-10 Z2=178) (140s when doing Z3 PWR [203-216w] for reference)
  • Options
    David -- you are really on track; when your fitness goes up the same as your learning, only good things can happen!! That is a lot of different stuff to consume in an IM, so manage it wisely and stick with those salt pills...they are the bomb!
  • Options

Thanx Coach,

I've gone over the last 3 100+mile rides in Golden Chaeta and looked at the power data ....again the last RR seems under done -just that damn wind had my PM all wacky as well as my sense of effort (kept checking the tires for flats LOL-it was just the wind) I am happy to see I can use HR and tracked that across all the efforts and know that if its above 128 for any period I'm 1) getting dehydrated [I had no drift last RR :) ] or 2) pushing too hard.....both of which means back off. These hr #'s seem so low to me but are "real" when compared to RPE and historic data from TT and VO2 efforts. And validated by my first 100+ ride when I averaged 200w hr was 130s and I felt wasted for 2 days after (I also under ate and drank) ...guess its another sign of age. 

Anyway......

Ill put my official race execution plan together and post to forum to get shot through before final revision.

Oh and to reply about the multi food/drink.....I get palette tired and stop drinking when its the same thing over and over. I also tend to go with protein free for the start and then switch to 4:1 products after 2-3 hrs. For example Ill go out with Scratch cinnamon -apple, EFS lime, endurox berry, and sometimes another I may be trialing...often with a Monster thrown in :)   -actually I'm playing with delayed and progressive caffeine. But Gatorade Endurance is what they have and I can dump the packets periodically into aero bottle for a change of taste as much as any plan to mix up the carb types etc. Also -although I know I need to take a saltstick when I do-when reeely hot and sick of carb drinks a few gulps of chilled water is quite nice.....so another reason to grab one at aid stations.

• Options
    Great! The HR should be low, esp for the first 2 hours. Like stooped low. All that is "free" mileage as part of your day. I did 121 last week with AHR of 128, then next day at 121 (bonked big time). You must be building a nice diesel engine! :)