Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

IMTX Week 12 - Patience & Discipline

Comments

• @ Linda. Scary. Stay safe. Sending good vibes from the Eastcoast!
  • @ Linda. Thinking about you and your family. Be safe!
  • @Linda. Yikes, stay safe. Hoping for the best for you.

Does anyone know the date and time of the 4 keys presentation?
  • Thanks everyone. Fires have shifted towards the mansions in Rancho Santa Fe, Santa Luz. There are still hot spots in our area, and helicopters are on it dropping water right away. We are safe at the moment. Other areas have been evacuated and we're on alert. 1-2 more days of the same Santa Ana conditions & then should be in the clear. 800 acres burnt, 5% containment.

I still plan on making it to Texas as of now. Husband has been quite supportive about it. He's quite competent to care for the kids and keep them safe while I'm gone. Hope they have better containment tomorrow.

That took me out of the box, but just managed to finish packing an hr ago.
  • Oh Linda!! Yesterday was crazy so I am just seeing this now as we are about to board the plane.
    Prayers to you and your family!!! I hope they are able to contain more of it and you are able to head out to Texas. I will hope to meet you at the team dinner. Take care!!!!

Ran out of the house with our hair on fire and pulled into the airport on two wheels...what else is new. Seriously...
    Have coffee in hand and about to board the plane. Breathe...
  • @ Clark -  I replied to you on the GROUPME set up for the team.

@ ALL - please make sure you are logged into the GROUPME set up for us by COACHP as most communications here forward will be via that method.

Safe travels all!!

• @ SS...is it the same groupme group as camp?....or a new one?
  • It is a new one...........
  • Should I have heard about the groupme by now?  I have not received any emails from Brenda/etc.  

• @ Jeff Text me your Cell phone number to 214.449.8391
  • Ok. Registered. Saw bike course. But I couldn't find a spot on the northern loop that I felt comfortable parking and leaving my car in for an hour.
    So no ride. But it's ok.
    It was really windy out there today and it seemed like the wind direction had shifted as well. Again, it will be what it will be and I will just put together my 15minute boxes one at a time.
    I'm back in Houston proper for tonight. I couldn't find a room in the woodlands proper till tomorrow. But I am across the street from a park and the hotel has a pool so I am going to go outside and play a little (within the confines of the taper of course. 30min to swim and 30 min to run...)
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at 4keys.
    Did someone say something about lunch after?
  • Hey Jimmy, SS, JL and I are going to Coach P's 11:30 4K Talk, then lunch. Any and all welcome to join.
  • I'll be at the 11:30 4 Keys also...
  • 10 am keys.

Rode miles 65-80 today. Very fast due to winds. Which i assume will be opposite on race day. Almost hit by truck with trailer. Road surface not as bad as i remember. Miles 50 to 65 are a good ride and not much traffic.

• 10AM 4 keys for me...

All checked in today... Got bike assembled... My new PM is supposed to be here before 3PM tomorrow.... Since the current PM is stabilized and calibrating even better today I believe I will leave it alone until after the RACE(as long as it tests out fine tomorrow on a short ride).... Just not enough time tomorrow to wait for it to get here , get it in , test it out, then freaking worry about it... Not to mention probably making the 4keys and EN dinner hard to accomplish...

CYA all tomorrow!
  • Ok folks, lunch after the 11:30 talk? Where is the talk again?

Ran 30min today. Felt great. Felt like Meb. No idea about pace or hr but it has been so long since I have run on rested legs that I couldn't believe how good it felt.
  • Just a quick shout out to all my Texas peeps...

Time for me to leave da Haus and take a break from long course. Atleast for the summer. Who knows...after my showing this year I may be back in the Woodlands in 2015. ? image Was not the plan so I really need to figure out my direction and what is most important for me and my family.

I have absolutely LOVED being a part of this team, esp IMTX!!!! Seriously...who has a better team? We have smarts, speed and FUN!

You all supported me through the longest winter EVER and encouraged me daily. I needed it. I looked forward to it. I loved it!

Thank you all again for all the love an support! I would not have made it through the trials of Texas w/o all of you!!!

Thank you and continued success to all of you!!!!! I will be following you on FB and the blog.

Work work!!!!

Cheers,

Annie
  • Congrats again, Annie! You'll be missed and we hope you're back soon. Your epic winter rides and incredible will won't be forgotten
  • Best to you Annie.        Hope to see you at another race.   
  • Anyone else tried a run with TP miles yet?  I did one 40min run last week, all easy...not even with Garmin.  I ran one hour tonight, with attempt at 2 x 1 @TP.  Holy crap....nearly died trying to hold Z4 (and couldn't....about 20" slower) and my HR was way too high.  Then the last miles were at Z1, but HR was ~25 higher than usual.  Some of it may be heat, but just felt awful.  

Is it too early for TP miles?  Is this "normal"?  I thought 19 days later I would feel a little better than this.  I feel fine...until I try to ride or run.  I've ridden 3-4 times, and my watts are 15-20 lower than usual for RPE and/or correlated HR.  

I guess I'm wondering, is it:  a)  not recovered enough yet.  Too early for hard efforts (or at least to expect pre-race power/pace)?

or is it:  b) too much resting/not enough activity....losing power/pace with every day.  

Advice?  Thanks in advance.  JL

• Hey JL, I'm easing back into things very slowly, pretty much per the Transition Plan, with most of it swimming. Well, and eating. Swim comes back first, then bike, then run. Can take 3-5 weeks. Plan has nothing but Z1 runs until next Thur, when we move to Z2. And that's on purpose. To me, Z4 run right now = injury invite. Do not worry about losing fitness. You'll enjoy the big IM fitness bump for several months and getting back up to "speed" won't be a problem.
  • Hey all! Hope you are all well! Can't believe it has been 3 weeks. Wow. No swimming yet for me, just a few bikes and loving just running when I want. However, there is no z2 even. Holy cow! There is no hammer being down here in Minneaota. image. No watch even. So enjoyable!

Have a great summer and happy and safe training!

• Same here. Only one run back with no watch, just focusing on feel and form. Felt great. Plan to get on the bike this weekend. Today was my second swim back. I got in about 2k, and almost fell asleep standing up this afternoon. Easing on down the road. To clarify, I would have been back with more under my belt by now, but I'm filling the SAU bank for a while seeing that Jay has some major training on 18 holes to catch up on.
  • 3 weeks post IMTX and my bike still looks like this...image
  • Doing ok.    But heart rate still sensitive on the runs.     So holding back on the intensity. 
  • I feel great. About to start get faster for a late summer oly then another ramp up for IMCoz. The heat is on for real in south texas and I am slated for a run test next week. It will be ugly and slow but it is time to set up summer run zones I guess...
  • @Jimmy, I too am feeling about back to normal.  Fun ride on Saturday with good watts but no structure, nice 8-mile run yesterday with 2x1 @Z3 thrown in.  I'm starting GF-light and doing some sprints/oly's this summer, keeping things tame as this is my OS, then build to Miami 70.3 in October (let me know if anyone is doing this too), followed by a lonely, non-SS-led build to IMNZ. 

I know there was banter about doing LP next year.  Is there any group interest in the other two EN Key IM Races - Choo and/or FL?  I'm sure Cronk will do all three.  I'm leaning toward Choo, with it's time-trial swim, rolling bike, rolling run.  And the fact that I haven't done it.

• I'm also leaning towards CHOO15... Both my boys will be in school starting early August next year which will be perfect timing for where my build will be. I think Crosby is thinking about it too. I'm waiting at least a month post TX to mention it to JB though.
  • I was hoping for something cooler after tx and coz this year. but if we are getting the band back together, then count me in. I could try and talk up choo at home. Pretty sure I could sell a return trip to FL also.