Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Week 14... 7 To Go

2»

Comments

• Options

@ Jenn - its called the Training Effect As you know, it does nothing to prevent pain on race day

@ Peter - Agree on the chafing - I've been using Body Glide or Aquaphor (fancy vaseline) for years, but the thing which helps most is I run in my swim suit - thigh length Jammer-style. That way, there's less rubbing back and forth from shorts on random areas. I mean I do ALL my running in a swim suit and have for 15 years - treadmill, track, road, marathon, halfs, 10 K, whatever, and of course tight fitting tri suit with minimal chamois for tris. If it's cold, I just put tights on top of the jammers.

Still acclimating to my move to CO. Swam 80 minutes this AM, bagged the PM run when it started raining (I didn't come here to run in the rain!)

• Options
    I did the run this morning and it went well. I used copious amounts of vasoline and I was able to get through it.

I just did the 8x25' intervals on the trainer. That was tough! I did most of them at 0.77. The first five I was able to stay Aero, but by the last one it was a real battle to finish it off. I had to keep shifting positions, close my eyes, and put my head down to do it. I drank 184 oz of liquid, but I think I still ended up dehydrated. I am covered in salt and I never had the urge to pee.
  • Options

I was the OLDEST competitor @ HITS Grand Junction Olympic Dist. First (and only) finisher in 65+ ; I wouda won 60-64 by 15 min, and been second in 55-59, 2 min behind. 38/100 OA. Only 21 raced in the 140.6 - I bet THEY were lonely. 

Funny thing, I couldn't get myself into Oly racing mode - too much IM training, I guess. I raced it at HIM effort levels. Bike was @ 0.8 IF, run was @ MP. OTOH, my unconscious internal governor was probably looking ahead to next week, when I'm planning on ratcheting up the volume by about 25% from avg of the previous two weeks.