Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Week 12. IMLP 63 days.

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Ben I will take you up on your generous offer (or your wife's) My fibular head can use some attention and I was going to try and find someone to do dry needling before the race as well as any other adjustments they can make. Thanks!
  • Options
    @Ben, Thank your wife for a great offer. I'm hoping I won't need to take her up on it.

Saturday and Sunday went well. I think I've got the nutrition closer for the long rides and I'll keep tweaking it as needed. As usual the 3rd hour of the 4.5 was flagging a but I was able to get things back in order for the last hour or so. Run felt really good afterwards.

Yesterday a friend and I traveled out to Franconia, NH to do a preview of the White Mtn. Tri(70.3) course. Road conditions were pretty bumpy for at least 20 miles of the course. Other than the potholes and feeling like we were on cobbles the ride felt pretty good. They removed two killer hills from last years route so it was hard to give it an accurate comparison to how it felt last year. This was the first really rolling course I've ridden with the power meter, I need to get better at 'flattening' the course. The VI was around 1.2 and my NP was a little lower than I was shooting for. The good news is the last 7 miles of the course that felt like crap last year didn't seem too bad at all yesterday.

I definitely got to see how quickly the power will spike on hills, even some that are relatively small. I need to work on smoothing that out and paying more attention to the output.

OWS swim planned for tonight.