Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2015 IMLP Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the 2015 IMLP Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    This will be my 12th IM and hopefully the 11th finished. Look forward to meeting the famous, iconic , IMLP fixture , aka Woody Freese.... Heather and I will be house sharing with Scott Dinhofer , Teri Cashmore , Stephanie Stevens , Al and Cheryl Truscott , and I fully expect that, to make this the best IM ever. Racing in the M50-54AG , plan to show up 100% , I aim to WIN , Place , or Blow up with absolutely nothing to lose since I already have my Kona slot for 2015. Other plans include buying the best wet/windy/cold weather gear I can find in order to keep the weather gods at bay !
  • Options

I missed this in 2003, when my mother broke her hip a week before. I'm going back to see what all the fuss is about, and participate for the first time in an EN focus race. This will be my thirtieth Ironman build, and hopefully 24th finish.

• Options
    Relative noob compared to the Master and the Jedi warrior. This will be my 3rd IM, all at Lake Placid. I have a grudge to settle after the 5 flat fiasco in '13.

My plan is to maintain my current run durability, get my Vdot up above 48 and push my power up over the 3.3 W/Kg mark I was at in 2011. If I can achieve that and stay healthy, I will be in a good position to have a great race.

I have secured the same condo I had for the other 2 so it will feel like home when I get there. Unless my brother or son make up there, it will just be Carole and I.
  • Options

This will be my first year with the Team and I'm looking forward to using your knowledge to have the best IM possible. Will be 54 this race, so I'll be chasing Tim Cronk all day long (grin!)

This is IM #5 for me (and my 6th 140.6); 2014 was a challenging time at IM CDA - after knee surgery my weight had crept up and L knee pain was a constant. Had a hard day. In 2015 I'm looking forward to refocusing on strength and body comp to be as fast / durable as possible. The NOS has already helped, along with focusing on diet and strength.

Staying at a BnB in Saranac since I'm solo. The prices are high but not as bad as in LP - looking forward to NOT doing a destination IM in 2016, since the lodging costs are killing me!!! 

• Options
    Hi All!

This will be my second Ironman. After an awesome race and experience at IM Mont Tremblant in 2014, I'm looking forward to a similar experience at IMLP. My goal is to do each leg faster :-) Actually, I'm mostly focusing on improving my FTP as much as possible this OS to have a faster bike split.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Happy training.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

This will be my first IM. I volunteered at the finish line at IMLP this year and got to meet Brenda, Coach P, Woody, Antonia and others. I am staying at my family's place in Keene. I look forward meeting all of you - especially Al and Tim, since I've read so many of your posts and advice. I will be attending the IMLP training camp as well.
    My goal for this race is to complete my first Ironman while executing my race plan properly and hopefully to not feel destroyed when I'm done!
  • Options
    Sooooo excited to go back to Lake Placid! I am really excited to see all of my teammates, have a good time, and I hope to have a GREAT race.

I have a few things to fix from my last IMLP, so I really hope that I can figure that out.

Happy training everyone!
  • Options
    Hi all!!!

LP will be my 6th IM to start and if all goes planned my 5th to finish! I am super excited to race this iconic race!! Hoping we have fantastic weather for the day.

My main goal is to improve my overall IM time and have fun...even when it hurts!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

@ Dan Nowak- I'll also be at Challenge Knox!
  • Options

Well I'll be trying to make it out to this race again this year.  I almost don't want to post and jinx myself further.  Anyway IMLP was my first and only IM finish.  My wife Patti will be accompanying me again this year.  I had to bail on this race early in the OS last year and things went down hill as I did not train pretty much all season. 

My goals are to get to the start line and then finish.  I'll have some time goals but I need to get through the OS first.  I'll put something on paper maybe at the start of the IM plan but definitely after the 2nd RR.  Until then things are fluid.  As always with me eating healthy is key to weight loss. 

Looking forward to meeting a who's who of the EN team in LP.

Gordon

• Options
    Hi all -- looks like it will be a great team at IMLP this year.

This will be IM #5 for me and first time at IMLP. I'm excited to see the venue after everything I've read about the race. No flying involved as I live in northern NJ, but I do still need to find lodging! As usual, we will be staying with Gonzalo Canteros-Paz and his family -- it's always a great time as everyone gets along so well.

This will be the first time in several years that I'll be doing an HIM in the lead up to an IM (previous seasons, I'd done an early season IM followed by an HIM in the fall), so will be interested to see how that impacts my race results. Gonzalo and I are signed up for the Syracuse 70.3 in late June.

A bit concerned about the weather conditions, as I didn't enjoy the early part of the bike at IMCDA in '13 (was shivering) and I really prefer the heat.

Looking forward to training and racing with you all!
  • Options
    HI,

This race will be my first IM. I completed the Nov OS and have just transitioned to swim camp. My goal is to make it to the start line healthy. Currently dealing with PF and have been in run jail for what seems a lifetime. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. I plan on attending camp in June and hubby will be joining me for the race. I'll be a long way from home so look forward to having you guys as a support system.

Maria
  • Options
    Hi!
    I'm a short course girl but will Attempt my first IM lake placid this year. I too am in running jail image. I ended my season in October took a month off and started P90X in November. I ended up with a labrum tear in my hip. So I really have not done much in 3 months. I missed the beginning of out season January. I hope this week I can start to bike swim and maybe the elliptical vs walking. Right now my season has a cloud over it. I had a big season planned with ironman (first time), nationals, and short course worlds however I'm not sure how this is going to play out. Fingers crossed! Train hard!
  • Options
    @ Kristin - There's still time.  Although you are missing some of the OS don't rush back and re-injure yourself.  You might miss some of the speed increases in the OS but coming from short course you've probably got plenty of speed. 
  • Options

Hi all,  IMLP will be my first IM! I am so excited to share this experience with you all and have my family cheering me on!  I had a good OS but glad it's behind me   I'm in my second week of swim camp, which couldn't have come at a better time! between shoveling all our New England snow, caring for sick kids and snow days. The recovery is much needed! Now I'm feeling ready to hit the petals and get back to intervals and getting faster!  

• Options

This will be my first IM distance event.  I have done a bunch of HIM but with kids and uncertain schedules associated with them, have never been comfortable stepping up and slapping leather in the hopes it would work out.  My daughter is off to WMU and my son doesn't graduate from HS for another year.  2015 seems like the year.

I started as a runner at age 35.  I have run 19 Marathons.  If I do my stretches and watch my lateral muscle strength, I stay balanced and won't have any over use injuries.  Been there, done that and learned the lesson.

I am looking forward to the event.  Don't really know what to expect.  My usual race experience is: enjoy the swim, suffer through the bike and then hope I didn't mess anything up so I can still enjoy the run.

I am going to sign up for the camp in June - I am married to the best, most understanding woman.  She said it was ok to go even though it will be on our anniversary.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you for the first time. 

• Options
    Hello all, I finished my first IM last year at LP and I had a blast!

Quick question, this year I am volunteering to hopefully make your experience as pleasant as mine. Looking for someone who is looking for a roommate so I don't break the bank.

Please email me at carruti@gmail.com if interested.

Cheers.
    Carlos
  • Options

Very excited about this group and to be part of it!  Tons of veteran knowledge as well as new enthusiasm in this mix.  Can't Wait!

This is number 5 for me, last year was IMTX (a PR) and IMAZ.  Spent the winter getting schooled on the art of Ultra Trail Running.

Goals for IMLP are to swim straight, lay down a solid bike leg on my best 5 hour power yet and remain committed and driven through the end of the run leg.    That will be a tall order but, with this team, I can see a way to make this happen.

SS

• Options
    Hi all,
    Finally getting around to introducing myself - not to mention training (now that ski season has ended). I've been with EN for nearly 6 years and have completed 3 IM's and bunch of half IM's. IMLP 2015 will hopefully be my fourth finish, to be followed shortly thereafter by IMMD (my revenge race after dropping out last year). I love the LP area and my family and I are really looking forward to returning and seeing all the EN folks. Especially excited for the great mix of long-time team members and new IM'ers in the mix!
    Looking forward to training with everyone! Stay healthy
    Paul
  • Options
    Hi , Definitely a great team for IMLP. Lots of big names !

IM #5 for me and first time at IMLP. I'm excited to be able to do this (in the past did TX twice and then NYC and IMCDA). Will drive from Ohio where we live right outside Columbus. As in the other 4 occasions we will be staying with Mike Weinmann and family -- our 6 (3+3) kids will have a blast !

Mike and doing Syracuse 70.3 in late June as preparation...We will probably do it at a training pace rather than Full ON

Looking forward to training together and seeing you at the race !
  • Options
    Hi Team!
    This is my first year with EN and my FIRST full IM. I'm coming from the short course world so this is a little intimidating. I'm planning on Mont Tremblant half as my pre IM race. I'd like to participate in the lake placid camp in June if my legs can handle the back to back weekends (camp and IMMT 1/2 ). I'm looking forward to this new adventure however after IMLP my gears will need to shift quickly for short course Worlds in September. Can wait to see you all on the course!
  • Options
    Well the dreaded day has come...to admit out loud. Injury trumps IM. Good news, I finally ran two miles yesterday. PF bites...8 months later. Gonna miss meeting all of you. Good luck!! Plans are to stay in Texas and do Austin half and IM Boulder next year. Training continues.....
  • Options

Hi All - LP will be IM#2 for me. Did IMCDA in 2013. Never spent any time in upstate NY so really looking forward to it and to meeting all of you. I've been a lurker and sporadic in training through winter and spring…one step forward, two steps back, ugh. Time to knuckle down. Thanks for all your encouraging posts in the OS!

• Options
    Hello, Team. IMLP will be my first IM. I completed Buffalo Springs 70.3 in 2011 and just now got my body temperature back to normal, so the chance of rain and cold sounds good to me. I had a bike wreck, broke some ribs and collapsed a lung a month after my HIM, and have been inconsistent on the bike after that until a few months ago. I ran my first marathon in 2013, but had to clean cobwebs off of my bike last November. I struggled through the OS with a chronic cold and cough, but have had some solid training since swim camp. I'm 56 in a few days, and still hoping to reach my previous FTP of 180 and weight under 60 kg, and my Vdot back to 45. My goal is to complete the course and still have the ability to walk the following Tuesday.
  • Options
    Hiya. this will be IM #11, I think..... maybe 12? well they're all memorable.
  • Options
    This will be my first full distance long course. Did 70.3 Syracuse last year, first HIM. Had a blast on a challenging home town course. Doing the full EN monty lead up this year. Rev3 Quassy, IMLP training camp, and then execution day. Super excited. Renting a house for the week following the race.

Goal is to stay healthy and safe while training and show up to the line 100%. Also praying for no lightning this year so we can all get in our full swim warm up for our scenic bike ride.
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Scott & I AM an Ironman....
    this will be my 6th IM, and looking at the calendar, I am starting to feel concerned that this is only 12 weeks out! I had rotator cuff surgery in December and am just getting a solid training month in April. Heading west to the TOC camp with Coach Rich and looking to jumpstart my volume.

Looking forward to seeing some longtime EN friends and making new ones as well as notching my 1st LP finish
  • Options

A note from your friendly EN Marketing Director: 

Calling all Awesome EN Athletes: 

EN4Keys sign up for Lake Placid is LIVE! Along with our Unofficial Ironman Lake Placid 411 page

This is for us to promote EN to the world, something for you to post on your social media pages, email friends, tell fellow training buddies also racing EN, tell volunteers going to LP or just a general FYI 

The Four Keys of Lake Placid Register Link: http://the4keysoflakeplacid2015.splashthat.com 

The Four Keys of Lake Placid Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/382712851930913/

Unofficial Ironman Lake Placid 411 Page: http://www.endurancenation.us/landing/unofficial-ironman-lake-placid-race-411/

Please invite, register and help promote wherever you see fit. Coming soon will be TGINR (Thank Goodness I'm NOT Racing) event page. 

Also remember IMLP Camp is still open. 

Feel free to friend me on FB so I can follow your training 

• Options

Hello everyone,

This will be Ironman number 5 for me but only my third venue.  I've done IMLOU 3 times and IMCOZ.  I'm looking forward to what I hear is one of the most awesome IM race venues of all.  I'm from flat land Indiana so I'm a bit apprehensive about the bike.  I've watched it on youtube so many times it feels like I've been there.  I am excited though about my first wet suit legal swim and the crystal clear water of Mirror Lake.  Having the rope to sight underwater is pretty cool too.  I know everyone is working hard so I wish you all a safe and fun race!

• Options
    a rope? Really?
  • Options

Here's the story on the underwater cables in Mirror Lake. The US National flat water Canoe and Kayak ass'n has annual training camps and races there. So they have placed, about 6' underwater, parallel cables for 2000 meters (the standard length of their races) from which to anchor the buoys which indicate the lane lines for the paddlers.

Many racers @ LP want to be actually looking at the cables to avoid sighting, keeping their heads down just like in a pool. It does make for a faster time. But you don[t really need to be in the middle of the scrum of those trying to look at the cables. Sitting just one side or another and staying with the crowd would work just as well, it seems to me.