Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Canada
Options

2015 IM Canada Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    @ Jeff....I've never been on Whistler course....but I know LP very well....I believe they're similar....I'm about 3 w/kg....I've raced 50/34 & 11-28 the last few years and it's ok in the hills....I tend to gravitate to the hilly courses so I just upgraded my bike to 11 spd & 11-32.....my old bike had 10 spd D/A Di2 RD.....I spent some time with my LBS discussing upgrade 11-32 options.....changing the RD on Di2 system wasn't an option becuase I had an early generation of Di2.....however, it is possible to replace the "cage" on your RD from medium to long....I was going to buy an Ultegra 6700 RD (long cage) and swap the cage to my Di2 RD.....giving me the ability to run 11-32....in the end the thought of the new P3 w/11spd overcame my frugal ideas.....I just started riding the P3 last week....big improvement in ride quality over my 5 yr old P2
  • Options
    I'm extremely late in posting to this thread, but I'm also doing Whistler this year - in 5 weeks!! This is my A race, so have been training/racing all year, just slacking in the online participation aspect. This will be my fourth IM and fifth year with EN. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks!
  • Options

definitely consider using 11-32 and compact (50/34).          if your ftp/kg is say less than   3-3.5.        my wife loved the option. 

I did 50/34 and 11-28 (2013).       this race, I will leave the low gears the same.     if the compact 52 ring arrives, will mount this to spin out later on the downhills.

so, am considering jumping into this.      did texas last month and just did cda.     but both very hot and I ran much slower then normal.     so legs feel fine.      I had cardiovascularly recovered well for cda.                I am signed up for Arizona but probably will not do due to family and work issues.         

so this may be the last iron of the year.    50 yo next year.    so may jump into this as yet another bonus race and see what happens.