Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2015 IM Mont Tremblant Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

Hello IMMT Team,

Looking forward to IMMT as my A race in 2015.  I'm 53 and this will be my 5th Ironman.  Have also done CDA twice, IMLP and IM Wisconsin.  Trained for IM Lake Tahoe last year but unfortunately didn't get to race due to the fires.  I took the option for a 2015 race and I chose IMMT.  I live in Alpharetta GA with my wife Abbie and I have 3 grown kids and 1.5yr old granddaughter.

This is my first year with EN and am currently doing the Nov OS.  My best IM time is 12:30, so I am a MOP'er but want to do better.  Love the structure of the training with EN and hoping that will get me to a point to go under 12  hrs.  I've always coached myself so this is something new.

Look forward to training with and meeting those also doing IMMT.

Reid

• Options
    Hi Team-
    I live in Ridgefield, CT with my wife and 2 kids of 9 and 11 yo. IMMT will be my second full distance race. My first was at LP this past year. I was fortunate enough to be able to race in Placid with my wife this past year and we plan to do the same again in Temblant. This year's training should prove to be even more challenging since we have a very full family schedule for the year, but I feel up to the task.

I felt well prepared physically racing at LP, but know my execution needs improvement so that is my focus...that and tighten up my bike fitness. My goal is knock off 1+ hours off my time! and I really think I can do it. Looking forward to sharing the journey with the group!

-Brad
  • Options

Hello and happy holidays,

This is my first full distance IM and I am super excited.  I have some experience in the sprint and Olympic distance but only began triathlon training in 2013.  I am age 51 (soon to be 52).  I am scheduled to do a half Ironman next May.

I find the outseason training challenging but effective.  I see my overall health, fitness and endurance improving.  I know the EN system works!

Peace.

• Options
    Hi Team

I'm 53 yers old and have been doing triathlons since 2001. I have done multiple events at all distances. This will be my first Texas Half and my first following the Endurance Nation program. I just joined in December and I like what I've seen and trained so far. Hope to go under 11 hrs.

Great to be part of a larger community of atheletes.

Ramsay

Races planned so far in 2015: Around the Bay 30K, Texas 70.3, Ironman Mont Tremblant
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

IMMT will be my second Ironman. Last August I did Ironman Boulder and had a really good experience. I live in New Orleans so most of my training is done in very hot and humid conditions so I'm looking forward to cooler race conditions. I'm 52 years old and have been doing triathlons for about 7 years, gradually building up to longer distances. I also plan on doing Texas 70.3 and a few shorter races this year.

Look forward to meeting all of you later this year.

Ed
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

I am excited for IMMT! My name is Amy. I live in CT with my husband and 3 kids (16, 15, 12). This will be my 2nd long course. -1st was Beach to Battleship in 2012. I took about a year off from training and racing, but am glad to be back. The JOS is going well. I look forward to chatting with you all throughout the training. 

• Options

Just wanted to check in with everyone and see where everyone is with their training.  I am currently in week 10 of the HIM plan in prep for 70.3 CHOO on May 17th.  Will then switch over to the IM plan.  Training is going well, Nov OS really gave me some structure in the off season and gave me some pretty good fitness to start training to race.  I've been navigating around some business travel which makes training a challenge, but so far still getting in the pool and able to run on the road.

What about you guys?  Hope you are healthy and training is going well!

Reid

• Options
    Hello IMMT members. I think it's about that time to jump on the thread. My name is Pete Beauregard and I live in Sudbury, MA with my wife and 2 young boys. This is my 2nd season with Team EN. IMMT will be my 2nd ironman race. I finished Lake Placid last year and had a great time. I also have a charity component to IMMT this year....I will be attempting a self supported IMMT the day after the official IMMT race. I look forward to hearing from others! Good luck with your training!
  • Options

Hi Everyone! I'm just checking in. I am VERY glad to say that spring has finally arrived to CT. I'm so happy to get outdoor training in after our long winter! Currently I am in week 2 of Swim Camp. The JOS went well for me. I took a long period of time off from training prior, so the OS was a good way to build some fitness and get me "back into the training game." My biggest news is that I am switching over to training with power. ( I spent many months poking through EBAY, hemming and hawing, but finally made the decision to go with a used Powertap.) So I am really excited to see if it can make any difference for me on the bike. Of the 3 disciplines, swimming is my weakest, but cycling takes a close second! So hopefully I can gain strength and efficiency...we'll see. 

Next week I will shift into my HIM plan. I am doing the HITS half iron in Lake George at the end of June, which will roll me right into my IM training plan. I have been very happy with the approach our coaches use to plan across our season. My last IM I trained completely on my own, following a standard "book" plan of 26 weeks. I appreciate the way EN approaches training in segments, rather than having EVERYTHING focus on the "A" race. 

Its all good.... I look forward to hearing about your training!!

• Options
    Checking in here too. Training is coming along fairly well. I'm now in week 14 of the HIM plan, although I jumped into it only 2 weeks ago. That will be leading up to Quassy Half the first week of June. I was away on vacation all last week without a bike, but got many runs in along with some open water swims in the warm ocean image I am still on the trainer to date, although as Amy mentioned in her post, Spring has finally come to CT! Funny how that happened as soon as I went away. Hoping for an outdoor ride on Friday or Saturday and it may actually be a race rehearsal as noted in my plan.

My body feels healthy, but strangely enough, the extra 7-8 lbs that I usually shed by this time for the last few years does not want to go away. Last year I couldn't put enough weight on! I guess its time to tweak the diet....

Hope everyone's training is going well and I'm beginning to envision Tremblant!
  • Options

Sounds like a lot of my northern teammates are just now able to enjoy outdoor training while I'm starting to deal with hot and humid conditions here in New Orleans.  I just completed New Orleans 70.3 yesterday and had to deal with run temperatures in the 80's.s One of the reasons I picked Mont Tremblant was to get out of the heat and humidity.  Despite the conditions I had a good race but I'm certainly feeling it today.  For the next 4 weeks I'll be doing the get faster plan and then will start up on the IM plan.  I'm in the process of working on my travel plans and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for hotels in Mont Temblant? 

• Options

Hi Everyone! How is the training going? I am inching toward my HIM (6/27) in upstate NY. Overall I am Loving this training season. Things are getting a bit hectic, working in family/work/sleep/training as the times and distances increase, but I am gradually adapting. Let us know how everything is going for you on your route to IMMT!

• Options
    Amy, are you racing Syracuse?
  • Options
    Trying to get into the race (sold out to general entry; charity slots tbd). So, I guess tentatively checking in.
  • Options
    @dave I'm pulling out due to injury. You are welcome to buy my bib but you'd have to race under my name obviously
  • Options
    Check the charity sponsors. They usually have slots...
  • Options

Hi Danielle-No, I am racing Hague. Its a new race for me!

• Options

Raced Chattanooga 70.3 on 5/17, then took a clear the head week to regroup last week.  Nothing structured, a few rest days, time spent with family.  Did me much good and now have dropped into week 12 of Race Prep.

Hope all is going well for the rest of you.  Really hoping this is an interactive group as we head to MT.

Reid

• Options

Hi Team IMMT

I am from Derry NH and this will be my first time at IMMT. I have completed 4 ironmans at Lake Placid and look fwd to the race in Quebec this year.  It will be my first race using a power meter (stages) it will be interesting as i have been using heart rate the past 4years.  As a first time at IMMT I plan to stay in  my box , race as trained and enjoy the venue.  stay safe out there!  Mike

• Options

has anyone used my athlete live at IMMT before?  IMLP was tough but doable.  It is a good tool for spectators I was just wondering. I will hold on ordering until i hear any news.   Thanks In advance  Mike        

• Options
    Hello Team IMMT!

This will be my first IM. I've done a few 70.3 the past few years but this is my first season with EN. I will be staying at the Hilton Homewood Suits and bringing my family. It's costing a lot to bring them so I'm hoping everyone enjoys the trip! My kids are 7 and 3. If anyone know of cool things to do with kids there please speak up! We plan on staying Wed - Tues.
  • Options

Hi Alvin!  Great to hear that this will be your first IM.  This will be my second IM, as I did Placid last year.  My family and I went up to Tremblant over our April vacation and caught the last day of skiing on our second day up there.  All other days were chilly and raining.  I was able to run some of the bike path and ride about 40 miles of the course.  I have to tell you that there wasn't much going on after that last day of skiing.  It was a "funny" time to go to Mont Tremblant in April as they are in between seasons.  I have 2 sons who are 6 and 3 and while they liked walking through the village and going to some different restaurants, there wasn't much happening for them.  There was a paint your own pottery store in the pedestrian village that they enjoyed, but all other activities weren't open yet.  We will be there from Tuesday through the Wednesday after the race.  We talked with some of the locals while we were there in April and much of them commented on how much business IMMT brings in, but it is VERY congested, and lots of closed roads around the area.  Good luck with your training as we are getting into the meat of our plans.

-Pete

• Options
    2nd IM go.
    first was at IMWI, in 2010. and looking for a great time and race experience. getting super-psyched up ;-)
    GO TEAM!!!!
  • Options
    Hello all! IMMT will be my fifth IM start (IMLP 2012 (dnf), IMMT 2013, IMMD 2014, and IMCHOO2014). We love the town and the course.
  • Options
    welcome on board william, or maybe you should welcome us ;-) look forward to meeting, and hopefully picking your brain

Everybody ready for camp weekend? ;-)
  • Options
    Gearing up for race rehearsal #1 tomorrow. A friend who raced IMMT last year sent me this review and breakdown of the course this morning and thought I'd pass it along. It's not nearly as good or encompassing as Coach P's breakdown from last year (which can be found in the Wiki), but it's written by a Kona qualifier who seems to do a good job. Here it is:

http://www.mary-eggers.com/?p=822
  • Options
    @Hasan - Thank you. Please feel free to ask whatever questions you have regarding IMMT. If I do not know the answer, I am sure one of the other members will know it.

How was camp week for everyone?

I made a bad decision to short change my nutrition. I ride a 50 mile loop that matches up with the 56 mile MT course. I knew I could not carry enough liquid for the 50 mile loop (I need to drink 40-48 ounces per hour). I can carry 64 ounces on my bike. I elected to try and ride the loop using the 64 ounces so I would not have to stop until the end of the loop to mimic the race. It was a very bad decision. The first loop was fine and I felt great. I refueled and hit the road for the second loop. At mile 80, I knew I was in trouble. I recognized the signs of dehydration. I made it to a store and drank a coke and bought another one for the rest of the ride. I only made it to mile 94.5. I realized I was about to pass out and knew I would not make the climbs that were in the last 5 miles. I pulled off the road and called for a ride.

I hope everyone else had a better race rehearsal.
  • Options

Hi Everyone! Camp week went pretty well. I am going to write up a little report and hopefully post it under the RR forum. But overall I felt good. I really wanted to get the miles in on the bike to see how things felt. I did not get in all the miles I thought I would, but I am okay with it. My day one ride felt steady and strong. I had to make some on-course route changes because of road paving that I was unaware of. My nutrition (Nuun and Honey Stinger waffles) was balanced. I rode 104 and followed it with a 4 mile run. Overall I was pleased with the first ride. On the second day, I knew I was not going to make anywhere near the mileage that I did on day one. My legs (and mind!) felt pretty tired and my tush was sore!  I was shooting to ride 70, but only managed 63. My Sunday long run was good. Surprisingly, I wasn't too sapped for it. I split the run: 1/2 on trails and the other 1/2 on the road, with a focus on progressive pacing. I felt good mentally at the end of the weekend, but also very tired. Monday and Tuesday were rest days for me. Back to the plan tomorrow (Wed) though!! I hope everyone is enjoying training. We're getting there!!! 

• Options
    Well, camp here was not super optimal; but I did put in some work.
    first day was marred with mechanicals and 2 flats - managed to get in 80- miles. by the time I got home, had some family committments.
    second day, got in 5 hrs of solid riding on the road bike - tri was out of commission. Nutrition is solid.
    Mentally and physically, still some work needed. back to plan tonight.
    Looking to lock in everything over the coming couple of weekends.
    today - NEW DAY.
    Hope all had a good weekend.
  • Options
    Ok peeps, for todays ABP ride I decided to 56 miles (1 loop) of the IMMT course on Virtual Trainer. When I finished it read as 4267ft of accent. Doubling that would make it 8500+. According to the course guide it says it's 1800m total (5905ft). I'm hoping that it is closer to 5900 rather than 8500ft and that the course file on Virtual Trainer is off. Anybody have solid info on this?