Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2015 IM Mont Tremblant Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

We are getting close, folks! How is everyone feeling?

• Options
    Ready to taper (rest) :-)
  • Options
    Not so great RR#2. It was super hot here in So Cal! Checking the weather in MT looks like a bit of rain in the forecast for the race. Thinking I should purchase some rain gear. Curious what or if anybody is packing extra in case of rain...
  • Options

Good question... a few weeks ago I did a long ride in the White Mountains (NH). It was VERY rainy for many miles. I was wearing a set of arm sleeves with my EN tri top and felt pretty comfortable. The thing with rain is, you want comfort and warmth -but not so much that it will bog you down. Another factor, of course, will be the temperature. If it is forecasted to be rainy AND chilly, I may wear a thin (microfiber) top that I don't mind shedding/tossing as the day goes on. Key item if it is rainy: body glide

• Options

Rich - Agreed! Love Taper time!

• Options
    Alvin,

With regard to rain gear, I was in the same position in Placid last year. Downpours for end of swim and 1st half of bike. I had arm warmers, waterproof vest, and some cheap gardening gloves I picked up at a hardware store the day before the race. It was rather cool as well. Many, many people in just their tri-tops trying to tough it out. I felt fairly comfortable.
  • Options

Absolutely pack rain gear. And heat gear. And cold gear. We could have any of the three.

We've put a ton of work into getting ready for this race - no reason to add stress by getting there and wishing that you had brought "..." and then running around trying to find and buy it at 3x the price.

• Options

Hi Everyone....Bruce Thompson here.  I'll be racing IMMT for the 2nd year in a row, and my brother JT will be racing again too.  We both set PRs on this course last year, so it has good vibes for us.  We arrive Thursday and will be staying at the Marriott Residence Inn near the finish line.  This will be my 7th ironman race.  After an injury to my hip and lower back in March, I'm finally healing up after having to take 6 weeks off running.  So I'm healthy but my fitness isn't quite what it was this time last year. We'll see what happens on race day.  I'm just happy to be racing as 5 months ago I wasn't sure I'd be able to do so. 

I'm happy to share what I know about the course.

• Options
    Great to see everyone getting fired up for MT! I took care of a bunch of admin stuff today for the race - I even drafted the first version of my race plan (I'll post it soon). My wife and I (EN member, Heidi Marcus) and I are both racing and I just signed the kids up for the Ironkids race. We are heading up Thursday. It'll be a long day. We are driving to NH to pick the kids up from camp, then to Montreal to pick my mom up at the airport and then we will head to MT. We are staying at the Sommet des Neiges (don't ask me to pronounce it) on a recommendation of a friend. Unfortunately, if the team meets for dinner that evening, we will most likely arrive too late to attend. But, I look forward to meeting everyone and will be looking for the EN colors!!

BTW - Not to early to plan, but way to early to worry about bad weather at this point. I'd think the forecast will change daily, as it did leading up to Lake Placid last year! Let's hope for the best, and prep for the worst....
  • Options
    4x at lake placid following the rope on the swim how does immt compare for the swim course? any comments welcome.
  • Options

Posted By Michael Nardone on 07 Aug 2015 06:21 AM

4x at lake placid following the rope on the swim how does immt compare for the swim course? any comments welcome.

2.4 miles is 2.4 miles, but my guess is that you'll be swimming a little longer than that since you can't track a cable at IMMT.  I would also say that IMMT will be a little choppier than LP, but not anything to be concerned about unless it's really windy.  The other issue is that IMMT will look GIANT compared to LP since LP is a double lap and IMMT is a single lap.  Find some feet (that swim straight) and just stay within yourself.

• Options

thanks, it number 4 so i should adapt as always, just needed the good words. saw pats 2014 mnt tremblant webcast that helped also.  thanks for responding -stay safe out there.

Mike

• Options

i  like the "swim straight "part      Ha Ha.  I mostly swim open water so it will be interesting how good i do. I am not sure if i want to carry the garmin in the water though.  I would rather have it just stay on the bike.  the swim part isnt so data specific for me.     1 less moving part in the process as the saying goes.

• Options
    Well, I'm out of IMMT before I got to start. I crashed my bike yesterday and broke my clavicle and a rib. I couldn't have timed that worse. The emotional pain is as bad as the physical pain right now. I'm really bummed but will do what I can to try to get there to cheer my wife and the team on....
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that Brad!!!!
  • Options

Brad...that sucks man.  sorry to hear about it.  Keep your chin up..

• Options
    Brad - total bummer..... sorry to hear. even though you may not see it now, if that's all there is to it, you should be back at it in no time. Wishes for a speedy recovery
  • Options
    Get well soon glad you are ok
  • Options
    Brad - Sorry to hear about your mishap. Heal up quick and return stronger.

Everyone - Belated check in here. Despite registering a year in advance, it seems these IM todo's always sneak up on me...

Ian Kurth. 6th IM. From Wausau, WI, arriving late on Thurs with my wife, and 4 kids (4, 6, 8, 10). Looking forward to meeting everyone and representing the EN flag!
  • Options
    Bad news Brad - speedy recovery!
  • Options

Hi everyone!  This is Mike Blackburn.  I am planning on arriving Thursday around noon.  I just turned 50 and this will be my 7th Ironman.  I am excited to meet everyone and represent EN!  I will be bringing my girlfriend, Katy.  Hope to see everyone at the dinner on Thursday night!

Mike

• Options
    Brad, sorry to hear...take time to rest up and heal...will always be another race.

We plan to drive on Thursday....10-12 hours (ouch) and will probably arrive late.

Would love to meet up with everyone however if it's Thursday pm, may be a bit to tight for us. Is someone organising a place?

Dawn
  • Options
    @dawn this is the 2015 thread you replied to...Brad is healthy this year (still!). image