Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2015 IM Florida Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

13»

Comments

• Options

errr... Florida will be #7 for me. I signed up for CHOO after IMMT. This solved my problem of keeping my fitness up through the early part of the fall months!!

CHOO is in 19 days - I will be fully engaged in IMFL in 20 days. :-)

This looks like a great crew - looking forward to it!

• Options
    Gordon, I stayed at the same condo's two years ago and we loved it. Didn't feel like I was in the chaos, but my wife and daughter could walk out to the corner and watch me on the run.
  • Options
    @Brent. That's great to hear. Do you know/remember if the road into the condo complex was blocked during the race or could your family come and go?
  • Options
    OK - Now CHOO is done, starting to think about Florida!!
  • Options

I have succumbed to peer pressure and will be doing Florida. This will be my third IM this year. Like a constant weight loss program!

• Options
    @Pat. You are a Monster! Roll with that fitness
  • Options
    Bib numbers out. I'm 1126
  • Options
    Hey folks. I'm a IM MD refugee, and am looking forward to finally getting to race in my first IM. The last few weeks have been a bit crazy trying to figure out what's next after IM MD was cancelled, but I've managed to keep up with most of my training and look forward to meeting everyone.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of all the turmoil David. But welcome aboard! I'm on my first IM as well. Make sure your info is on the IMFL spreadsheet. I assume you found a place to stay?
  • Options

HI David,

Join us in the IMFL WK 19 thread..............

• Options

Officially signing onto the IM Florida forum.  

Just finished IMWI ( second IM for me). Raced with a huge contingent of EN folks.  We had a great day!  

Sometime, months ago in a moment of intense optimism, I thought it would be cool to do an IM totally different from IMWI.  ( salty, flat , no cows etc ) Thought I could put a season of training to use on another race before starting the Out Season.  So here I am.  Starting to get some energy back.  Looking forward to tapping into the group energy to get up to speed for the race.  Hope everyone's training is going well!!