Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Anyone Looking for IMLP Lodging?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm interested, too. What day would the rental begin? I planned to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, but we'll be driving so we can adjust our schedule. My wife will be with me, and $400 each beats the heck out of our present reservation.
  • Options

Hi Neill, i think there would be enough room. The latest posted rental above has 7 bedrooms and 5.5 baths. We were looking at a rental from Thursday through Monday because that's the time frame that most people will be there for racing, training and volunteering.

Based on 9 people the cost comes out to roughly $400 per person. Obviously with 2 extra people that cost would go down a little bit.

$3200 + fees ($300 maybe?) = $3500 Divided by 11 people this is in the neighborhood of $320 per person.

Sue and sister, Brenda and Steve, what do you guys say?
  • Options
    Checking with sister ...
  • Options
    We're in!
  • Options
    Awesome! Just waiting to hear from Brenda and Steve now.
  • Options
    Ok, just heard back from Brenda. She is in for sure, not sure about Steve due to work right now.

Ed is going to contact the owner and confirm that we would like to rent the house. As soon as I hear back from him I will update the thread with payment information and other details.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thank you all for responding so quickly.
  • Options
    Could everyone please let me know what their email address is? If you don't want to post it here, please send me a personal message through the EN site.

Ed Croucher is finalizing arrangements for the house rental and wants to send everyone an email. Thanks.
  • Options
    Carruti@gmail.com
  • Options
    Mandymidgett@gmail.com
  • Options
    Neill.s.morgan@gmail.com
  • Options
    Ed sent out an email about the house. If you haven't already done so, please check your email and respond to him. Thank you.
  • Options

All - I just cancelled my lodging and you can benefit!   My wife has zero interest in all things IM so I'm always solo at these events; I looked for good but low cost lodging... I found a good room at the Partridge Cottage Guest House in Saranac Lake. I had the Autumn room at ~$80/night for the Thursday - Monday of Ironman week. When I canceled I told the owners that I'd let everyone on the team know so they could make up the business. Saranac Lake is only 7 miles away and seemed to be a good location. This B&B is next to a good Italian place, so short walk to complex carbs!!

You can find them at http://www.partridgecottage.com/

The woman I worked with is Kathleen Bullard; she was very nice. I'm hoping the EN Team can help this folks out of the unexpected vacancy!