Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2015 Ironman Wisconsin Training Camp

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good stuff and understand....look forward to seeing you at the camp!
  • Options

Rich, I am in and paid, as you probably saw. I just want to confirm with you that I am not using the hotel. My brother lives nearby and I am staying with him. I did not see any paypal refund yet and didn't want you to reserve a room for me that was not needed.  Thanks!

• Options
    I have a friend that recently moved to madison. She might be able to help by driving around and carrying things in her pickup, but she couldn't do anything mechanical. Would that be if help? I can ask her!
  • Options

Posted By Ed Shimon on 03 Jul 2015 02:13 AM

Rich, I am in and paid, as you probably saw. I just want to confirm with you that I am not using the hotel. My brother lives nearby and I am staying with him. I did not see any paypal refund yet and didn't want you to reserve a room for me that was not needed.  Thanks!

Hey Ed,

Sorry about that, not sure what happened but I've refunded your $250. Thanks!

• Options

Posted By Rachel Hawe on 03 Jul 2015 09:30 AM

I have a friend that recently moved to madison. She might be able to help by driving around and carrying things in her pickup, but she couldn't do anything mechanical. Would that be if help? I can ask her!

Hey Rachel,

Thanks for the offer. I may end up taking you up on that. In the past I've roamed the course in a rental car with a pump, water, etc just to keep an eye on people and extract someone if needed. 

Does your friend know the bike course? That's kinda a requirement for this, I think. 

• Options
    Hi Rich -

Mary Larson and I are happy to provide sag support and whatever else you need for camp weekend!

Sue
  • Options

Posted By Sue Chapman on 06 Jul 2015 09:48 AM

Hi Rich -

Mary Larson and I are happy to provide sag support and whatever else you need for camp weekend!

Sue

Awesome! Would you be able to do SAG-ish stuff on Fri and Saturday, say on the 2nd loop of the bike? We could figure out a time to have a vehicle on the course and publish that to the campers?

And I'd like to borrow your kayak again for Sunday so I can do the safety thing and then run with the campers afterwards. 

• Options
    IMWI Peeps:

Just bumping this thread again to put it your radar and shake any camp maybes out of the trees. I need to start putting the rooms assignments together with the hotel at the end of this week.
  • Options

Hello Rich, small reminder to keep me on the list....will officially commit with the bucks Monday after Racine 70.3 if all injury holds up well.  Let me know if an issue as I know you are trying to finalise.  Also, I see in the thread you start at 5pm Thursday, correct.  What about on Sunday...when do you anticipate things breaking up?

Thanks.

Dawn

• Options

Posted By Dawn Cass on 08 Jul 2015 04:23 PM

Hello Rich, small reminder to keep me on the list....will officially commit with the bucks Monday after Racine 70.3 if all injury holds up well.  Let me know if an issue as I know you are trying to finalise.  Also, I see in the thread you start at 5pm Thursday, correct.  What about on Sunday...when do you anticipate things breaking up?

Thanks.

Dawn

Sunday:

• ~7a: Open water swim in the lake
    • ~8a: transition area walk thru, final questions, etc
    • ~8:30: long run on the course.

The camp kinda ends at the start of the long run above, as everyone breaks into smaller groups, runs at their pace, gets back to the hotel, checks out, gets on the road, etc. Check out is at about 11a or so. 

• Options
    Seeing if I can scrape enough money together for this, triathlon account is running a bit low! If i do go, I'll be staying with a friend so don't count me in for housing. When is deadline to register?
  • Options

Posted By Rachel Hawe on 08 Jul 2015 07:36 PM

Seeing if I can scrape enough money together for this, triathlon account is running a bit low! If i do go, I'll be staying with a friend so don't count me in for housing. When is deadline to register?

Ok, cool. See my note to Dawn above re a $250 credit refunded to you if you don't need lodging at the hotel. 

I'd say the only thing I have a deadline for is one for ordering and getting shirts. I'm pretty sure the hotel will work with me on rooms but if someone signs up on Tues for a camp that starts on Thurs...sorry, you won't get a shirt, that's just commonsense .

• Options
    I'm now a definite no- darn work! I might try to get up to Madison for the day on Saturday so there's a chance I'll see you all out on the course!
  • Options
    Rich,

I have seen a few different posts on start time (Thursday meet at 5 and done Sunday after run), is there formal agenda that you can post for the full weekend?

Eric
  • Options

Posted By Eric Ensminger on 20 Jul 2015 09:52 PM

Rich,

I have seen a few different posts on start time (Thursday meet at 5 and done Sunday after run), is there formal agenda that you can post for the full weekend?

Eric

Eric,

The camp information doc is here, you should have been directed to download this when you registered for the camp. This should have the answers you're looking for regarding the agenda and other details. 

• Options

Awesome thanks, Ironman Brain yesterday after Racine.

• Options

Just sent this out via email, posting it here also as a backup:

Hi,

Thanks for registering for my Ironman Wisconsin training camp next weekend! I look forward to sharing my Ironman execution experience with you and bringing you several races up the Wisconsin learning curve. 

I have a couple things for you today:

1. Please go here to download a .pdf containing all of the information you need for the camp. You were prompted to download this file when you registered but I'm just making sure you've downloaded...and read :-)...the information.
    2. Please complete this information form. Please do this as soon as possible so can have t-shirts made and delivered to the camp. 

And if you have any questions for me about the camp, please just reply to this email. 

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you next weekend!

++++++++

• Options

Hello Rich - just a quick note to let you know you should have my cash now for the camp so make sure to count me in.   Will also plan my own accommodations so will look for the mail how to work the $250 refund.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Dawn

• Options
    Hi Rich - Work is interfering with my training plans and I am not going to be able to get to Madison for Thurs/Fri...However, I wonder if I could join the gang for Saturday & Sunday?? I won't need a hotel room and I can live without the shirt image Can I get a half-camp deal $-wise?

Let me know! Thanks!