Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IM Ville Mojo Thread- Week 16, 7-13 Sept

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Danielle, 5 hrs on the trainer is amazing. I am sure all those miles will pay off.

@Roy Sounds like you needed the sleep, work that jet lag off.

@Paul, impressive work. We finally caught a break in the heat, and the difference is just night and day.

@Jay I hear you on the time commitment. I am struggling with it this time around and simply have not done the work I had for my first IM. being a slow poke on the bike and swim doesn't help with the time stuff. Not to say I am fast on the run, but as a long time runner, it's a bit easier to get miles in. 

@Stephan very cool about being able to go to the IMWi bike course.

I had a decent weekend, ~84 hilly miles this weekend followed by a short brick, then got in a little over 3 hr run this morning. We got some cooler weather and my pace was a good minute and a half faster than last week's death march. Which is a relief I was starting to think I had permanently slowed down. :p

That maybe my last long run, I do have ~16.5 total of running this weekend at the relay, most of which will be zone 3/4 effort. I am also looking forward to the cooler weather there. (New Hampshire) Next week is also the start of registration for Boston. So fun week to take my mind off.

• Options
    @ Anu - I am SO counting on a better weather to pull out a decent run at Louisville. I slogged through the primordial swamp yesterday for 11.4 miles, then swam 2400 yards, then 21 miles JRA on the new road bike. The latter was the highlight of the day. That baby accelerates like no tomorrow and really muffles the bumps.
  • Options
    Hey, everyone! Sounds like training is going well. I had a bit of a botched up schedule last week due to my pool's schedule. No swimming at all. Part of it was my fault, as I got our of work late on Friday that left me with enough time for a 45 minute swim, which I opted not to do. Saturday's ride and run were good. Sunday I spent on the computrainer for 3.5 hours, riding part of the Louisville course.

Does anyone have a computrainer, and if so, have you ridden the simulated course as well as the real course??? Let me tell you, that sim course kicked my a$$!!! I could only hold a 15mph avg over the span of 3.5 hours. There were so many 5%-10% pitches that I'm starting to wonder if I have been training in the wrong terrain. Feedback would be nice if anyone has ridden both.

I have a question for this week's training that I'll post in the new thread.

Danielle... 5 hrs on the trainer... More power to ya, sister!!!