Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

IM MD - Making Lemonade

2»

Comments

• Options
    In for a penny in for a pound...I will be there with bells on...well maybe not, they would create too much drag!
  • Options
    Logistically won't work for me ...I am doing a half Ironman I lake havasu on the 7th of November to end the season...wish all the IMMD great execution
  • Options
    IN for sure...thank god, cause the lake sure was cold this afternoon.
  • Options
    Love the enthusiasm!!! You all are making some wicked good lemonade!! It's making me question my decision but I think flights and lodging would be too cost-prohibitive with such short notice. I may have to hand over my race captain reins. ?? And will be really sad when I see photos in 2 weeks of all these amazing, supportive athletes that I've gotten to know over cyber-space the last few months.
    I will start a new IM MD 2.0 thread as soon as I get home this evening. Congrats you all, and can't wait to see the course-crushing in 2 weeks!!
  • Options
    YES....I'm IN!!! Was being optimistic and already made flight and room reservations. Going to have to see if can change flight from Thur. early am to either later in day or early Fri. (miss one less day of work), since they're allowing either Thur. or Fri. check-in.

If can't no big deal, just SUPER happy we have a 17th race date. Have to say, that I'm more excited now than I was prior to the original race date....feeling some good mojo!!!
  • Options
    IMMD 2.0 is a go for me too. I can't believe I just said that, but withthe revised check-in schedule and some shuffling, I was able to find a way to salvage my backpacking trip with Joe and still do the race. WHEW. Now I can start freaking out about the cold!
  • Options
    Was able to get a flight in Fri. to take advantage of the expanded check-in schedule, enabling me to miss one less day of work. That means no team dinner for me.....any plan for a team photo race morning?
  • Options
    Glad you can make it Steve! I'd say team dinner Thursday is gonna be rough since many of us will be taking advantage of the more flexible/late registration schedule. Trouble with race morning is that it's gonna be dark!! Bring headlamps folks!

They have posted an updated schedule and athlete guide. There are some changes, especially around the shuttle locations and the bike to run transition. There will NOT be bike handlers, so you will need to rack your own bike before grabbing your bag and heading into the change tent.

They have also posted a new video that highlights some of the changes- here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzusmaNj8E
  • Options
    Nemo, I'm happy you pulled the trigger... feels good to have made a decision, I bet!

Hey gang, re: dinner, I have an email in to Brenda to see if she made another res... I know there's a lot going on with her and Steve, so I'm happy to take that on if I don't hear from her in a day or so. I just need to know how many are still interested. I assume Thu night is still the best night and we'll stick with the same location. Please update the master race sheet in Google docs and the first person in there, if you could add a column or two - 1 - Still attending MD 2.0? and 2 - # interested in dinner MD 2.0. I would do it, but can't open Google docs through work computer. I'll also start a new thread... maybe that would be an easier way to capture this info. Hope everyone is staying sane... I'm very excited for you all!!
  • Options
    Julie- I added a column for "Returning for IMMD 2.0?" to the sheet. That way we'll know if folks have updated it or not (if that field is blank, they haven't updated it, if it's filled in yes/no, then we know they updated their info.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1qBU5AOjYzbNZ9e8DWHNRcNCasV29RxUJX65pSZWso/edit#gid=169
  • Options
    cool... thanks Nemo!! While you were doing that, I opened another thread to capture the same info. I'll just compile the 2 inputs! image
  • Options
    GOld star for me!!!! I updated my info on the spreadsheet.