Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Colorado Spring Camp

Comments

• Options

Al:

Thanks for being a generous host!

Put me down for 5/31 - 6/5.  I will do the relay as well.  

I will be driving from NorCal and will spend a day or two MTB'ing in Moab on my way there.  :-)  So I will have an SUV if we need it for the relay or beer runs for Dinhofer and Behler.

~ Stark

• Options
    It looks like I may try to show up the evening of May 26 (leave Denver after work) and will stay until we are done with training on Monday, the 30th. Thanks, Al!
  • Options
    Hello Al, looks like things are shaping up nicely. I still have to be on the tenative list however you can pencil me in for the second weekend...so depending on flights and work, June 2nd-5th.
  • Options
    Al-- Thank you so much for the generous offer. It's going to be awesome!

I'm in (FIRM) from May 29th-June 2nd. I booked a flight that gets me to Aspen ~11AM on Sunday (5/29) and would plan to do a 3-4 hr ride that afternoon. Then long rides Mon-Thursday, and fly back out of Aspen at ~5PM on Thursday (6/2). Hopefully, you can squeeze me in. Just booked the flight today while Jess is sitting next to me as we plan next season... Can't wait!

--John
  • Options

Posted By John Withrow on 15 Nov 2015 02:25 PM

Al-- Thank you so much for the generous offer. It's going to be awesome!

I'm in (FIRM) from May 29th-June 2nd. I booked a flight that gets me to Aspen ~11AM on Sunday (5/29) and would plan to do a 3-4 hr ride that afternoon. Then long rides Mon-Thursday, and fly back out of Aspen at ~5PM on Thursday (6/2). Hopefully, you can squeeze me in. Just booked the flight today while Jess is sitting next to me as we plan next season... Can't wait!

--John

So you will be doing all the rides on a fixie, correct?  

• Options
    BOOOO! I just saw this thread. I would LOVE to come! BUT....I have no idea if there is room? LOL! Please put me on the list...I am not scheduled to race anything at this point during this time and would love the chance to camp with you all. I would of course have to clear with my better half aka sponsor, but since he denied me the race/cation of doing HI 70.3 I may be able to swing it!
  • Options
    ok...just checked flights from Detroit and they are reasonable. If at all possible if I could stay when Rich Stanbaugh is attending that would be great. We are both out of Metro Detroit. If not, I'd still like to come!!!!
  • Options
    Trish!!! I hope you can come also, we can be roomies! I'll be there 5/30-6/5
  • Options
    Awesome Trish!
  • Options

Al...I truly appreciate your invitation for this event, but given that other folks are locking this in, I'm going to do the courtesy thing and release my "wait list" spot.  I've just got too much going on at work and in my life to commit now, and don't want to leave you or others in limbo.  Thanks again and I hope everyone has a great time.  Bruce

• Options

@ Trish - I've added you to the list of Campers; @ Bruce - thanks.

The list seems to be firming up. I suspect that even though we may appear to be over booked, by the time spring rolls around, everything will work out. Even so, everyone who is on the list labeled "Campers" will have a bed, it just might not be ideal.

Scott and/or Attila - if either or both of you want to come, I will figure out some way to squeeze you in. Or I would welcome you at a later date.

Next step will be recruiting people for the 30 hour Ragnar relay...need minimum of 3 (plus me), maximum of 8 (excluding me - I can run these trails any time.) Also, there is the somewhat exorbitant entry fee attached, like $150-$200 per person.

• Options
    Al...If you have room for a slow guy that would enjoy learning from the master, put me in. I am flexible on dates, but prefer to be there for 3-4 days of fun. I would just drive from Phoenix ~10 hours according to google. I just raced a Ragnar Trail Run last week here. It wasn't at that elevation, but it was fun, so I would do that option also.

G
  • Options
    Al:

I am a Boy Scout leader so put me in a tent in the back yard and I am good. image Only necessity is good coffee in the morning.

John
  • Options
    Thanks Al! I am "fluid" right now, but hope to firm things up in the new year. Very excited about this opportunity! image
  • Options

Posted By Gary Lewis on 23 Nov 2015 08:54 PM

Al...If you have room for a slow guy that would enjoy learning from the master, put me in. I am flexible on dates, but prefer to be there for 3-4 days of fun. I would just drive from Phoenix ~10 hours according to google. I just raced a Ragnar Trail Run last week here. It wasn't at that elevation, but it was fun, so I would do that option also.

G

Gary - the house is *tentatively* full the week of May 28-June 5. I;ve put you in the "Wait List/Alternative Dates" list. Still 6 months out, so plans may change for one or more campers.

• Options
    Thanks Al. FYI the Ragnar races are $60 off ending today, if your are signing up a team.
  • Options

I've started a Facebook Group for the camp. For John W and John S, I added Jess and Cheryl, if that's OK. I could not find Attila M,  Mark S, or Steve B. to add them. I added Gary, who is on the wait list, but couldn't find Jeff.

The Group is called Aspen EN Camp 2015, but you already know that if you accepted or received an invite. 

• Options
    @AL - what can we do to start signing up the Ragnar team? how many do we have? am planning on booking my plane ticket to be there saturday 5/28 through the following sunday..
  • Options

Posted By Scott Dinhofer on 05 Dec 2015 11:32 AM

@AL - what can we do to start signing up the Ragnar team? how many do we have? am planning on booking my plane ticket to be there saturday 5/28 through the following sunday..

Scott - since it costs $150-200 per person for the Ragnar, and there is little chance it will sell out before the spring, I was going to wait until after the holiday expense season to ask people for a commitment and money. At this point, my budget does not allow me to front the money ($750 or $1160, for a 4 or 8 person team). After MLK Day, then we'll start signing up for it.

• Options
    @ Al. I'm not much of a user of the facebook but have an account, I sent a request to join the group.

Thanks for setting this up.
  • Options
    @Al I sent a request on FB to add me to the group.
  • Options

With the holiday over, I'm going to ramp up planning for the May/June camp week. First up: Registering for the Ragnar Relay. This is a 30 hour continuous run over three trails, with each of (up to) eight participants doing each trail once. All runs start/end at the same location, a mile down the hill from my house. One of the trails goes right by the house!

The cost for each person (if we have the max of 8) will be $170. So far, the following folks have indicated a strong interest in this: Scott, Danielle, Jeremy, Stark, Me.

The price goes up on March 31st, so I'd like to register our team by the end of Feb. In order to do that, I'll need $$ from the participants. If you are one of the folks listed above, and you still want to do this, you can send me the money via PayPal using my email address: al@bikrutz.org. If you want to send a check, message me here or on Facebook, or send me an email, and I'll give you my address.

If you are NOT one of those listed above, but would still like to be a relay team member, indicate interest here or in the EN forum thread. If we have more than 8 folks, we'll figure something out, such as sneak in extra runners so that some folks only do 2 runs.

Link to the relay: http://www.ragnartrail.com/locations/snowmass-co

• Options

Hi All:

I am now 50/50 for doing Ragnar.  I will be driving home that weekend and don't want to be too trashed to drive for 13 hours.  I will make the call by EO January.  

John

• Options
    I'm in....$$ on the way.
  • Options
    In, sending $ today, and booking flights
  • Options

bummer, just found this thread.       backed out of TOC due to recent family loss and not being able to miss parts of three weeks.            let me know if floor space opens.  

primarily interested in biking.     

ragnar only if you need someone (friday.  saturday.   june 3 and 4. )

• Options

@Al - Just found this thread.  Is there still room on the Ragnar team?  I think i can make the dates work but would like to confirm if there is still space.  thanks!

• Options

Al:

I created a dummy FB account so I could follow there.  I just don't want to be found using my real name.  Please add Bill Jones:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010961898322

~Stark.

• Options
    Al, if you could send me your address (or post here) I would love to get the check to you for the Ragner Relay. Not sure if you received my FB message. Thanks!
  • Options
    Danielle - PM sent via EN