Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Colorado Spring Camp

13»

Comments

• Options

Posted By Mark Cardinale on 17 Jan 2016 11:07 AM

@Al - Just found this thread.  Is there still room on the Ragnar team?  I think i can make the dates work but would like to confirm if there is still space.  thanks!

Mark ... For you...yeah, there's room. That would make 5 if you confirm, and I' m sure we can dig up 3 more to make a full team, but 5 would work just fine. To nail it down and reserve, you'd need to send me $170 via paypal or check ... See earlier in thread for PayPal instruction, or PM me for deatils on sending a check.
  • Options

Posted By John Stark on 17 Jan 2016 07:23 PM

Al:

I created a dummy FB account so I could follow there.  I just don't want to be found using my real name.  Please add Bill Jones:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010961898322

~Stark.

Jonsie, you should now be addd to the groupimage
  • Options

Thanks, Al.  I just saw there is an EN Camp on the IMTX course in March and i'm trying to work this into my families schedule as a first priority.  Therefore, I need to hold off confirming for Ragnar until i can dig up a few more SAU's.  I will let you know one way or the other over the next few weeks. 

• Options
    sooo, how competitive are you all wanting to be for the Ragnar race? I have always wanted to do one, and well...when in Rome with all the Kewl Kids...why not???? image

So, I'd join in the fun IF you all are ok with a not speedy, never trained at altitude, wants to do epic sh*t with her fitness teammate. So...what say you Team Ragnar?
  • Options
    @Trish - the Ragnar is all about fun. It's a great experience and only made better by having more fun people on the team. I did the road race version of Ragnar CO with Al & a bunch of others when i was supposed to be going easy while under what has since turned out to be a Cardiac Mis-diagnosis. If you are there, we'd love to have you join the team! send Al your $ ASAP!!
  • Options

Ok...IN

Guess I just needed an excuse to hit my local trails and this is a good one! A friend just emailed me a link to a brand new trail race at a local mtb rec area I have visited to hike with my daughter. I've only hiked a few spots, but have been told the "hilly bit" is the other side of the park. Time to explore!!!

• Options
    Trish ... Glad to hear it! The Ragnar relay is about fun (and training), not coming in first. Now we have 3 guys and 3 gals on the team.
  • Options
    Booked my flight today: looked into using CME vs renting a car weekly/daily, checked into bike rentals. Ended up booking small suv through Costco on the cheap ($186 for the week) and am 99% I will bring my power tap wheel and rent a road bike locally.Between needing to rent/mooch a bike case, 150 to fly, 100 to transport on CME it is just not much more to rent local and a lot less hassle. I haven't researched ALL the shops Al mentions, but Aspen Bike Rental seems to have pretty fair pricing and will deliver over a certain dollar figure ($250 I think?) and offers an online booking discount.

I have a couple friends I may try and have an early dinner with in the Denver area before my evening flight so the rental made more sense than the CME based on cost and the potential meet up. Will miss being driven though. image Getting excited!
  • Options

To all those who have given me assurances in the form of money and/or plane reservations - thanks! This includes: Scott D, Jeremy, John Withrow, Bill J..ooops, John Stark, Teri, Danielle, Trish, Anna and Rich. Steph Stevens has also signed on.

I'm still looking for confirmation one way or the other from the following folks: Steve Beyer, Mark Stahlkopf, and Attila. If I don't hear via this thread within a week, I'll start reaching out via PMs, email, and FB. Is there anybody else who is planning on coming, but I didn't list here? If so, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Soon, I will start trying to create route sheets, both written and GPS files. I'll be trying to make two ride choices each day, basically, the same routes, but just longer on the out and backs for those who want/need/can handle longer distances. Time now to chime in about your goals for this camp: pure cycling, some running and/or swimming? Within the routes available, it will be your choice how hard you want to work each day - all routes offer opportunities to mash yourself, go long, or just ride easy

My biggest worry is getting you all fed - Costco may not have enough in stock to handle your massive caloric needs! Let me know if you want anything special there. Reminder: there is a $10/night charge to cover housekeeping and utilities (later, I'll let you know how to send that via paypal to the house account; no PayPal, cash or check will do, I can just deposit it at the local branch). We'll be having the cleaners come once or twice during the camp, to keep on top of things. Also, I'm toying with the idea of an addition $10 or so/day to cover food staples.

Also, for the Ragnar Team, I'll keep you updated as needed. But it's really pretty simple - after all, it's just running.

• Options

Hey Al:

I will be ~6 weeks out from Vineman 70.3 so a BBW (with MTB in Moab on the way) and with some running will be my focus.  As for distances, I will have to make game day decisions based on how I am feeling.  But will probably do anything I can to drop Dinhofer like a bad habit.  

Happy to also pay to help cover utilities and other sundries so I pay my way.

As for food, I am good with most things.  If I need anything special, I will handle that myself.  

I am truly getting stoked!  Mad money for the trip is in the bank, days are in the calendar, wife has given thumbs up, and I get get to hang with a bunch of WSM's.  BOOM! 

~Stark

• Options
    Hi Al,
    Good timing, I just booked my flight the other day. Needed to clear up some work details before committing.
    Looking forward to a good week of biking with the group.
    Thanks again
  • Options

Al,

Sent you an email but I'm posting this here as well. Pretty sure I can make it out. I would drive the van out with bike(s) and a moto, train with you guys then maybe knock about in CO on the moto for a few days (call it a run block) before flying out to LP to run that camp with Patrick. I can bunk in the van if the house is too full, though I'd appreciate the use of the bathroom

• Options

Can't say no to the coach ...