Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Ironman Hawaii (Kona) 2016

I am not seeing a forum for Ironman Hawaii for this year.   Am I missing it somewhere or is it just not started yet?  

Comments

• Options
    for the run aide stations, is there generally a garbage can with ice/water that one can plunge head and neck into ?    like jan frodeno did.
  • Options
    Yes, usually guarded by a smiling Big Bra'
  • Options
    Haole boy will dart in and out before Braddah can get me.
  • Options

Posted By robin sarner on 08 Aug 2016 02:38 PM

for the run aide stations, is there generally a garbage can with ice/water that one can plunge head and neck into ?    like jan frodeno did.
    There is ... but its 'freshness' for we mortal AGs, compared with the pristine state that Jan enjoyed it, will differ somewhat.  Assume the ~300 dudes in front of you have the same idea and proceed accordingly!  
  • Options
    yes I thought about the freshness thing.     and whether it is rude of me to contaminate it for others.
  • Options
    Laura Becker and Mariah Bridges are the leads on the Ironman threads this year folks. It is my understanding that the welcome thread will be created 13 weeks out from the race, but if you put a special request in for something earlier maybe the gals will do that for you *wink*. Great to see you all excited.