Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Calling Kona Qualifiers 2016

Who is in?

Before we start getting to the nitty gritty - lets see who has KQ'd, a bit about your journey and the race that got you there. Looking forward to seeing you all on the Big island! 

Comments

• Options
    howdy.     if you have hours to kill see my recent IM Canada race report.             hopefully I will get moving again soon.      first time racing Kona.  mainly from Maui - moved to Hawaii at age two.      looking forward to being with you all there. 
  • Options

Oh oh oh - pick me!   

IMTX - The little clusterF that could!

• Options
    Awesome Jenn and Robin! I believe we have like 14 in this crew so far..... make some noise everyone 9 weeks out!
  • Options
    Holy Moly! 9 weeks? I better get crackin'!
  • Options
    This is my second time going to Kona. Every time I age up, so next go around will probably be 2021 image. I qualified at IM Texas both times. I'm off to enjoy the experience, have fun and finish the race.
  • Options
    I'll be headed to Kona for the first time this year. Qualified at IMMOO in 2015 which was my 3rd IM (2nd t IMMOO). Qualified in the M35-39 group but aged up this year so will compete in the M40-44 AG in Kona.

Pumped to take in the whole week and be part of the EN activities.
  • Options
    14 racers? That's really, really great.
    -----------------------------------------

This is my fourth Kona. I'll be chasing a sub-10 finish that's eluded me for years.

I'm racing in M45-49, having qualified last year at Ironman Muskoka.
  • Options
    IN!

Let's see...9-10lb in 9wks, 7-8 if you take out race week...gotta put down this donut!
  • Options
    Did everyone watch Coach Rich's inside the team only webinar on navigating a two ironman season?
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing everyone in Kona! This will be my 5th Ironman, and my 2nd World Championships (2012) after qualifying at IMCHOO in September. This will also be my LAST full Ironman! For real!!! Training is going so-so but I'm hoping to get to the start line healthy, and finish with a smile on my face:-)
  • Options

I am not a qualifier, but I will be there cheering for you all!  Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you in person and maybe carry your wattle bottles.

• Options

I was not subscribed to this thread so just seeing it now....

I am IN!  This is Kona #2 for me and I'm totally stoked to be going back.  Goals are modest, just to have fun and improve upon what I did the last time I was there.  Can't wait!  These last 8 weeks are going to fly by!

• Options
    I am in! Vineman IM was my ticket

I hope I can get some training in before this race... Hoping to make a better showing, and trying to stay well between now and then. Looking forward to seeing you all there!  My favorite thing las year?  swimming at the Tyr party with JT and Bruce and Kathy.... and the Rays...  so much fun!  

• Options
    I qualified at IM CDA 7 weeks out from Kona. Two weeks of recovery and now I'm in North Carolina for a week so I brought my bike to get some heat training done and the weather is cooperating. It was 90 and humid for my run today. This is my first time at Kona to race so my goal is to take it all in and finish. 
  • Options
    If you have not reached out to me with your Quarq Qollector information and you want your loved ones to be able to track you instantly on course, I need that information ASAP!

So far I have

Jennifer Edwards
    Mark Cardinale
    Jennifer Eckert
    Steven Chavez
    Mark Maurer
    Carol DeFazio
    Tom Glenn
  • Options
    I am unfamiliar with a Quarq Collector. can you fill me in?
  • Options
    @pat did you get the email I sent out with all the sponsorship info? I also posted it on this weeks Kona thread.

Quarq is sponsoring Team EN with their trackers - read about it here: http://www.quarq.com/pages/quarq-race-intelligence

I need First Name Last Name Age Group Division and Nationality for you to be able to have some reserved for you for free
  • Options
    They are REALLY amazing - I recommend everyone having one!
  • Options
    ok.
    Patricia Rosen
    60-64
    United States
  • Options
    Fantastic I have you down, thanks!
  • Options
    Jeremy Behler
    M40-44
    'Merica
  • Options
    I already have lots of stuff on my bike. I am a gadget geek... don't know that this will do much but if it will help the group, I'm good for it...
  • Options
    Count me in for a tracker.

David Tallo
    M45-49
    Canadian

Thanks a lot Mariah!
  • Options
    Mariah, I am in for the tracker.  Male age 70-74
  • Options
    replied to email earlier, but info for me

Tom Glynn
    M55-59
    Canada

Thanks - these look really cool!
  • Options
    Aloha Kona Peeps - Below is my current list for Quarq Collectors -- I do not know yet if we are going to meet minimums for the InsideTracker UPR outfits so I will let you know with enough time to plan something else when I know shortly. But If you could please respond HERE ONCE whether or not you're IN for that outfit it would be great. I am getting multiple emails, messages, texts, forums posts in different threads.... its getting hard for me to keep track and Im worried Im going to miss something. You all rock the most - thank you for being so willing to promote our sponsors.

Jennifer Edwards F40-44 USA
    Patricia Rosen F60-64 USA
    Mark Cardinale M45-49 USA
    Jennifer Eckert F60-64 USA
    Steven Chavez M55-59 USA
    Mark Maurer M60-64 USA
    Carol DeFazio F65-69 USA
    Richard Strauss M50-54 USA
    Tom Glynn M55-59 USA
    Jeremy Behler M40-44 USA
    Robin Sarner M50-54 USA
    Eric Goullaud M70-74 USA
    Dave Tallo M45-49 CANADIAN
  • Options
    in for the outfit
  • Options
    confused.     what is the Outfit you are referring to and how does it relate to the quarq tracker ?   thanks.
  • Options

I'm in for the UPR outfit, as long as it's extra skimpy!

And, since when did Rich age up????

• Options
    She's referring to the outfit that Inside Tracker has offered to supply for the UPR. It has nothing to do with the Quarq Tracker.