Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Hawaii (Kona)
Options

Custom Kona Castelli Kits

Custom Kona Castelli Kits 

Say THAT 5 times fast!!! 

Ok Kona peeps - because of the nature of waiting until the last minute for everyone who qualifies this order always goes super fast. It takes about 6 weeks to produce (Im going to grease the wheels for 5) and its 8 weeks to Kona 

The above picture is the kit 

Free Tri Short - $95

Stealth Top - $105 

Head over to Castelli for sizing.

I need to know by EOB THIS THURSDAY August 18 if you are IN 

I need to know your size 

- Mahalo! 

Comments

• Options
    Just to throw my 2 cents in... This kit is SICK!!! (and I mean that in the best of ways)...
  • Options

I'm in for one of each!  Hope this works so I can represent EN.  Medium on both..

• Options

Oh...and this kit matches MUCH better than P's wheels in Kona.   

• Options

Posted By Jeremy Behler on 16 Aug 2016 02:28 PM

I'm in for one of each!  Hope this works so I can represent EN.  Medium on both..

Jeremy - last year I raced in small shorts and medium shirt, and that medium was skin tight on me. 

• Options
    For KQ only? I will gladely contribute to reach the 10 minimum...just in case
  • Options

Medium Shorts and Large Top fit me perfect.  Snug, but perfect for aero...

• Options

this is what is in the mail for me.    only tall guy suit.     I think it meets company guidelines.

[Edited to include image, not PDF as you can't embed PDFs to a post...]

• Options
    This kit is perfect for Kona. Eliminated sun burn, super aero (no flapping) and now you can swim in them in the ocean (had to put it on in T1 last year = no bueno). Literally nothing bad to say about it other than it doesn't fit me right now. image
  • Options

Any concern wearing it in the salt water and it causing chaffing, etc?

If not, why wouldn't I just wear my LG M2 aero suit?

• Options
    Great looking kits! Unfortunately, I'm currently a sponsored athlete in my local tri club. In return for free swag, I wear their kit. If you're looking for me on TV, I'm the guy wearing a Forward Motion kit image
  • Options
    No concerns on it with salt water...it's a better kit. But you can wear the other one if you want? Let us know...

Tom. We've put up with you for years...that has to count for something...one of these days you'll wear EN...
  • Options

Also...what's the recommended lid for Kona?  I have a Bell Javelin that fits great and is super aero but my guess would be too hot in Kona.

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up, Mariah.  You can put me down for just the shorts in a size small.  I plan on wearing my Castelli top from my local bike shop sponsor.
  • Options
    Mariah-- I'll be in for a size Medium shorts (to replace the ones I tore when I wrecked in Wisconsin). They'll likely sit in the package for a couple years until I have a good reason to wear them... Seriously love that kit.

@Jeremy-- 3 reasons:
    1) The Castelli is faster than the M2
    2) It is the most comfortable kit you will ever wear
    3) it says Kona on it!
  • Options
    I need to hit 10 units for both the top and bottom to make this order -

So far:

Jeremy - Full Kit 

Rich - Full Kit 

Withrow - Bottom

Mark - Bottom 

• Options
    Mariah, I am definitely in for a Kona racing kit but have no idea how to size it and am incompetent on negotiating the castelli site to size properly.  My Garneau racing kit for IMLP was Extra large delfino top for the run and large bike jersey and shorts for the bike.  I changed everything during transition.  Want to wear body kit for first time at Kona but still have to work on my solution for severe chaffing and ulcers on bike so ..... figure I need large bike shorts but the top??? Large or extra large.  Can any one help - I am 6' 4" and 180 lbs.  So looking forward to the EN mojo and camaraderie at Kona.  Rick
  • Options

If you don't fill out an order, I'm willing to loan my Medium shirt and/or Small shorts to anyone for the race. But let me know before the end of the month, as I will leave town then and be unable to send out after that.

• Options
    As you can tell we did not make minimum order for these kits - There are still other kits available in the store if you want something new but I hope you are all planning on representing EN some way on the island! We will have EN goodies for you of course but it is A MILLION TIMES EASIER to spot you on the course if somewhere on your body is EN! Thank you for representing and we can't wait to party island style!