Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2017 IM Louisville Roll Call......Who's In?

Yes, your legs are sore; you have blisters and rashes in places that only a post race shower can discover; and your statement of “I’m never doing another one of these again” are all becoming a distant memory.

Don’t act like you’re not thinking about it. Who’s in for 2017?

And for those of you lurking at home...and were inspired by your teammates...did you pull the trigger?!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Due to injury and other issues, I was a big DNS for 2016 but I am back for revenge in 2017. I'm in!
  • Options
    ...If I lived closer than a 12 hour drive, I would do it - as I will write in my race report, I now know how I can achieve an under 15hour Ironman. Good luck Scott! We missed having you there, and enjoy the revenge race!
  • Options

I pulled the trigger at check-in!  3rd times the charm!

• Options
    Registration to IM Lou was my Christmas gift from my family and I just pulled the trigger! Excited and nervous at the same time!
  • Options

YAY Sabra! You will be awesome! image

• Options
    Going back for redemption in 2017!!
  • Options
    I'm in, its going to be my first...hopefully with more to follow in the years to come!
  • Options
    I'm signed up for IM LOU 2017.  Will be my first full.  Hopefully 2017 gets better.  Not starting off to a good year with cervical disc surgery already completed and trying to heal prior to Chatt 70.3 in May.  I think I have decided to not race much if any at all this summer because of the surgery and use that time to prepare for LOU.  Still hoping I get to participate in Chatt although I think competing is out of the question at this point.
  • Options
    Any suggestions on hotels, I am not familiar with the downtown area, and can always book in the hotel near the line as stated on the IM site...anyone know how the hotel is? Any suggestions?  Also, suggested number of days to be there prior to the race?  Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2017 11:22AM
    Any suggestions on hotels, I am not familiar with the downtown area, and can always book in the hotel near the line as stated on the IM site...anyone know how the hotel is? Any suggestions?  Also, suggested number of days to be there prior to the race?  Any help would be appreciated.
    Brian - I stayed at the host hotel a few years ago, clearly very nice. there are a few name brand hotels between there and the finish line, I think any of them are fine. 
    I am a possibility for this event, looking at this or Los Cabos.
    as far as how far in advance, depends on you. I usually show up thursday late day for a Sunday race. 
  • Options
    Thanks Scott, appreciate the info...

• Options
    Thinking seriously about it, but not in.  Yet.
  • Options
    I am new to the team and I am in.
    I will be moving to Indianapolis in May and would love to head down to Louisville at some point to preview the bike course.
  • Options

@Tom, it will be a blast!!! Raced there last year and am returning this year!

• Options
    Going... 
  • Options
    It's official; I'm in
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin, BOOM, now that's what's up!!!
  • Options
    I just transferred to Louisville from Mont-Tremblant, so I can give myself a little more time to heal from a health issue.  Looking forward to seeing you all!  @Francis Picard - Happy that I still get to share the course with you! @Paul Curtin Looking forward to seeing you again! 
  • Options
    Hello,
    I am the Assistant Volunteer Coordinator for Ironman Louisville.  I have been involved with the race either volunteering or racing (2009) from the beginning.  We are so excited to have you coming to our race!  I wanted to let you know that the volunteer data base is now open if you have any family or friends who might be interested.   Here is the link:  https://vmodcui.active.com/responsive/eventGroups/588502/jobs?__utmz=96012228.1499274669.67.54.utmcsr&__utmk=195961636&__utmx=-&__utmv=96012228.track.ironman.com&__utmb=96012228.4.10.1499274669&__utmc=96012228&__utma=96012228.1636570593.1446502333.1499271841.1499274669.67

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and hopefully I will see you in Louisville!
    Kellie
  • Options
    Just took out a loan. IOWs, I just signed up!
  • Options
    In.  Been signed up for a while.  This will be my first IM.  I have 4 friends (non EN) from the Griffin, GA area that are doing it as well.
  • Options
    In.  Hoping for my first complete IM given that IMNC was shortened last year due to flooding. That was a big blow to me and it totally wrecked me because I wanted to finish a true 140.6.  Really hoping there are ZERO issues at Lou so I can get the full distance in. After seeing a recent video of a horrendous practice swim against very rough current by the island, I'm hoping that was an anomaly.  

• Options
    I have been involved with IM Louisiville from the beginning in 2007 and the river has never been like that on race day.  I drive River Road every day and see it up and down but we have always been lucky on race day.  I wish that was never posted because it is causing a lot of worry.  If you read the comments from people who live and race in Louisville they will all say we have always had great luck with the current.  Things can always happen on race day you know that from your experience in IMNC but hopefully we will "Get Lucky In Kentucky" another year!
  • Options
    @Jason Leonard

Where was that video posted?  can you send it through just so i can see the lay of the land or shall i say water?  ha

I have see a lot of videos on the "old" bike course they say but not the swim.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2017 8:32PM
    So a question.  Why is the total time shortened from 17 hours to 16 hours for this race?  I know most of you are not worried about it but I am "racing" as a "participant".  My goal on race day is 15 hours with a stretch goal of 14 hours so I should be okay but my friends in the area are wondering why.  My plan is to get to swim start early to start early to give me as much time as I may need on that day to just finish.
  • Options
    The video was posted in the IRONMAN LOUISVILLE 2017 Facebook group.  There are two FB groups and the other one is Ironman Louisville 2017. Here is the link  https://www.facebook.com/geri.onealkeller/videos/10211318606298130/ 
    If you are not a member I would suggest joining if you want a lot of news about the course.  We have some very active locals that post pictures and diagrams about the swim, actual ride video and elevation of the ride course and are very open to answering questions.  

I'm not sure if I have ever heard an official reason given for the time change but it is debated and asked about a lot on the FB groups.  If I had to guess the reason for the time change it is because of the lack of daylight.  When the race was in August we had more daylight hours.  I can tell you from experience it is difficult on volunteers and hard to recruit for volunteer positions that go much past midnight.  Most of the athletes will schedule off work on Monday but most of our volunteers and volunteer groups go back to work and have school on Monday.  

It does not matter when you start the swim all athletes are given 16 hours to finish.  This is taken from the straight from the 2016 athlete guide.  Don't stress out about lining up for the start.  
    RACE TIMING AND CUT-OFFS The race will officially end 16 hours after the last age group athlete starts the swim. Each athlete, regardless of what time they enter the water, will have 16 hours to complete the entire race course (swim, bike and run courses). Aid station stops, transitions, etc., will be included in your total elapsed time. Splits be will recorded for each segment of the race. 

• Options
    Looking forward to racing with you all. This will be my 3rd IM and I'm hoping the October weather will give us prime conditions.
  • Options
    w00t, another one in the gig!