Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Sid Wavrin Micro Thread...

2»

Comments

• Options

Just a heads up. Looked at the race data base and my two 70.3s were not there. I updated my season race schedule to have them reflected on there. No action needed from you. (I did check the box for do not process)

• Options

@Sid Wavrin Got it. It can take a couple days depending on when we refresh the data so thanks for your patience.

• Options

@Coach Patrick I Did 70.3 Victoria this past weekend. Good race for me. Managed the day well, moved up all day to finish in 5:18:xx with a great run of 1:42. Happy with it. I've got 70.3 CDA in 4 weeks. So I wanted your input on the time in between. This week I will recover while pushing to return to full training by the weekend. I've loaded run focused half plan and this is week 17. So next week I'll do the a big week with week 18, but I'm not sure if I should approach the taper exactly as written. For Victoria I followed it as written and that turned out well, but my TSB was +30 on race day. Seems a little too fresh. Do you think I should tweek week 19 and 20? A little less taper? If so what do you suggest. I think after CDA I want to talk about Coach EN. My next Race would be Arizona 140.6. I need to try to get some gains on the bike. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

• Options

@Sid Wavrin - Can’t argue with getting stronger all day! Nice work on the pacing and the patience.

Today is Thursday, and you should already be doing 45 minutes to an hour on the bike today. Just go tour Zwift. tomorrow should be the free train ride plus a 30 minute run. When you are done with the freight train ride you can do a good tempo 15 or 20 minutes kind of in zone three so probably all Inc an 80 minute ride? Not sure if you have all the time so maybe you need to cut the ride short a bit.

Over the weekend we want to do a good temple ride as well as a decent run. Temple ride will be 90 minutes of good work with 30 to 45 minutes of aerobic time. You can break that up as you like. The run should be 60 to 70 minutes mostly at TRP pace with a few pick ups of 30 seconds. Swim Monday.

The early aerobic work is to restart the engine. The temple work is to activate it. But you will need recovery lake swim day on Monday. The basic plan is good, I can help you modify it if you let me know what areas you think you could benefit the most in at CDA. Is it performance on the bike? Or the run?

Happy to talk CoachEN any time!!!

• Options

@coach Patrick My two HIMs are behind me and now its time to head for IM Arizona. Its a long ways off so I have time to do some specific work. My run is as good as it ever has been even though I have been on a bike focus primarily. I came off the bike in 26th at CDA and ran a 1:41 half marathon to move up to seventh. So I think I still really need to focus on the bike. I want to do some stuff like big bike week, and a couple of real long rides to boost that system, but what do you suggest in this interim between now and the Ironman build that will start in about September? I know you have talked some about Vo2 work concentration. Should I look at that? Zwift racing? I really appreciate the shout outs on group me and in the weekly update. This team has really motivated me to keep pushing. Maybe an IM podium some day? I need several minutes off the bike leg somehow! Let me know what you think.

• Options

@Sid Wavrin you have 100% earned with a shout outs. It’s great to see how the work you’ve done has correlated to a better finish. Goes to show that you got to do the work! 💪

First order of business is to chill for about two weeks. Do you already have one under your belt, so this next week is more of the same. Just steady state zone one zone two work, do something every day but nothing too long. This consolidation period is critical so that you can turn the corner and build again into Arizona.

I recommend you use the new bike focus plan, for six weeks, for the last week of July through the end of August. That should be perfect. You want to maintain a minimum of one frequency and at least once a week but the goal is to really boost that bike. You could sub out any one of those weekends for a long ride. Would be great to do one of those epic long ride days in there that takes like eight hours if you can make it work.