Home Coach*EN 🔒
Options

Paul Curtin - 2017 Season EN Elite

2»

Comments

• Options

Thanks @Coach Patrick -- changes look good! I missed the ABP ride yesterday so I just dragged it over to Sunday as a placeholder. It doesn't fit anymore; I just deleted it. Love the ride before the long run, that will fit well.

Agree on shortening next Sunday's ABP ride and resting Monday. Great feedback, thank you!!!

• Options

@Paul Curtin Would love to connect with you when you are settled to recap and plan next steps. Please also link / cut paste your report here. Great work on the Big Island!

• Options

@Paul Curtin - great to talk today. Thanks for the update. Here are my training notes for you...

Race Focus is BQ ideal in April -- marathon with power (to be created)

Short Term:

• 8 Weeks…settle time
    • Run Durability into Final Surge.

Long term focus. 

• zwift race 1x a week
    • longer ride On the weekend as able
    • wild card is working on the swim. (Feb / March)

Training Plans

• 10/29 = Run Durability + 2 bikes (already in Final Surge for you). There’s one core session, but you could add in the Functional Strength plan if you can get some gym time (see Final Surge). 
    • 11/26 = Choice. I think it’s too early to really get into marathon training (would rather save to new year). But we could do some run work here around intensity…but might be marginal gains. I would be okay with RDP Phase 2 as well with a goal for a nice run streak?
    • 1/7 = Start the Balanced Marathon plan into your April Event. Likely a mix with some more serious biking so we can keep that going. 

2019 Season Future Thoughts:

• Consider a Gran Fondo or similar bike event for 2019, just as a fun target. 
    • Also maybe a century ride or two. 
    • Once through the marathon we can set some bike power related goals and spend time there vs the bike.
This discussion has been closed.