Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Jordan Hempfling Year One Official Coach Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

Changing my race to the burning river 50 on July 27 because of a vacation. So can I just do the outseason till the 4/14 and ultra run plan till July 26?

• Options

Make sure you're long Run is 90-minutes in the off-season by March. Target would be To run 35 miles Per week for mid March to April to prepare you for that transition.

Let me know what you think!

~ Patrick

• Options

Sorry been super busy, but or I can transition at the same time and just do week 1 and 2 and restart the ultra plan over or can I just do some of the high load weeks twice

• Options

Probably will do that because I’ll be on vacation the week of 6/30 with I guess the half-iron transition plan for the vacation week for the last two weeks of July

• Options

(As in the last program

• Options

@Jordan Hempfling that all sounds good. Remember, you don’t “have to“ do extra high volume weeks just to be ready. In an ideal world, you find a way to stay active enough during your vacation that we don’t have to dig yourself out of a hole when you come back. This could be something as simple as a 30 or 40 minute run daily, may be done early in the morning to get it out-of-the-way.

Of course, once you come back we can reevaluate your run Fitness relative to your goals. If there has been some in frequency of training earlier in the year or you feel like you are somehow unprepared, that is something that we can revisit in structure those weeks accordingly. I know that you’re busy, so just post your reply here as soon as you can and I will get on it right away.

• Options

Yea sounds good. I’ll let you know when I get to June to see how I’m feeling!

• Options

Hey,

Any way that I can do one last big weekend (and go do the first like 13 miles of the Race). Got sick over vacation, but did 37 miles this weekend right on the pace to finish on time.

Jordan

• Options

(before the cut off time)

• Options

nevermind. I'm stupid and read the plan wrong. happy 4th!

• Options

Bwahahaha! How are you feeling this week?

• Options

Not too bad. Hit all my aid station times on the weekend runs, but faded toward the end of the sunday run(but also ultratrac mode isn't super accurate). saturday was super fast though. Feeling pretty good about having about 30 minutes before the cutoff by mile 22.

• Options

That’s perfect! Remember moving forward at all times is there Perative thing. That said, given the heat of July your pre-hydration state and early hydration protocols are really important.

If you haven’t done so already I recommend you pick up some skratch hyper hydration mix. It’s great to drink one packet today’s out and one packet one day out in preparation. Then you can follow your regular protocols.