Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Training Plan Problem Thread

Folks, please put any / all issues you find with your training plan in this thread. We will check in on this thread 1x a week and get back you with any changes. If you need last minute help, please post to the Dashboard for your Teammates to advise you!

The format should read as follows: 

Plan Name, Ability Level (Duration) @ Specific Week
Your Description...

For example, it might look like this....

EN*Full, Beginner (20 week) @ Week 9
The Friday Swim is missing part of the Main Set, blah blah blah....

Thanks in advance for your help!

~ Coach P 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    EN*Full, Intermediate (20 week) @ Week 18
    Fri, Sat & Sun, none of this really makes much sense.
    FRI -Swim (race distance) & Run (60') (but in Coach notes we've apparently just biked 112 mi ?)
    SAT - Bike (112mi) & Run (30') (Run notes talk about a longer run tomorrow but no run on plan)
    SUN - Bike (upto 85mi/4hrs)

• Options
    EN*Full, Advanced, Week 18
    Tuesday run describes "60' or 6 miles (whichever first)", but the prescribed time is 120 minutes

• Options
    Residual question I had in 2016, and now 2017. Do we start our long run (first 6mi) at Zone 1 or TRP? Both are listed, in the EN Full, Advanced:

Entire Run: 60' or 6 miles (whichever first) @ TRP, 45' @ Zone 2, 15' final push at best possible effort. 
    Coach Notes: Progressive Pace Run 
    We start at Zone 1, which is your goal pace on race day (get used to it!). 

• Options
    EN*Half, Intermediate @ week 10

Tuesday Run - 
    Coach notes don't match workout?

Run: Threshold

WU: 15' easy, including 4 x 30" Strides (30" rest after each repeat). 
    MS:2 x 1/2 mile (2'), 1 x 1 mile (2') @ Zone 4
    WD: 5' easy. 
    Coach Note: Addition of first mile in Zone 3 to get you 100% ready for the Threshold work.
  • Options
    @KARL BONNER - Week 18 of INT Full plan fixed with proper Fri / Sat / Sun layouts. 

@Paul Curtin - it is a two hour run...it's the 6 miles plus 45' plus 15'....here's the workout formatted if that helps: 

Run: Run Long
    Entire Run: 60' or 6 miles (whichever first) @ TRP, 45' @ Zone 2, 15' final push at best possible effort.

@Doug Sutherland  - Good call...it should be TRP. I have fixed that in all 20, 12 and minimalist plans! Remember on race day we want you to run the first six (IM), three (HIM) at your Bike AVG Heart Rate. 

@KARL BONNER - Fixed the Tuesday notes...we want you to do a mile in Zone 3 as part of that warm up. Thanks for catching that! 

What's next Team!?!  :smirk:

• Options
    Hi Coach P,
    I think Wednesday of Week 17 of the 2017 EN Half Intermediate could do with a little clarification.  It's not clear if it is a choice between the FTP/HR Test or the Threshold set?  I guessed it was a choice between the two.  :)
  • Options
    @Abbey Bonner Great catch...looks like we removed the actual test but left the notes about the test there...fixing now, thank you!!
  • Options
    EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced @Wk 3.  Sunday has a split long run and a Rest: recover and relax/day off.  I'm sure we're supposed to do the split long run. 
  • Options
    EN*Half, Intermediate @ week 11

Times of run are different on Sat.

Sat - Notes - * Swim 1 hour * Bike 3 hours * Run 1 hour 
           Run duration - 
    45 min
  • Options
    EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced @ week 4 (test week).  Looks like there's a run workout missing on Tuesday, unless we're meant to have a 3 days of no running.  Currently, the first run of the week is Thursday.
  • Options
    Team, aka @Derrek Sanks And @KARL BONNER --

Thanks for the details...this round of edits: 

• Week 13 Saturday Ride BEG ENFULL plan fixed to be 240 minute ride
    • EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced: @Wk 3 Day Off removed left the split runs as intended.
    • EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced: @Wk 4 Tuesday Brick Run added. 
    • EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Intermediate: fixed double FTP runs on Wednesdays for Weeks 1,2,3,5,6
    • EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, All Levels: @Wk 4 Tuesday Brick Run added. 
    • EN*Half, Intermediate 12 & 20 weeks @ fixed second Big Day Run Workout duration. 
    Keep them coming!!!

~ Coach P
  • Options

EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced @ week 6: On Wednesday there are two different run workouts (ditto for subsequent weeks) and Wk 6 Sunday's run workout seems wrong...thought it would be a long run or split long run.

• Options
    EN half adv week17 Wednesday bike coaches notes are for a FTP test but the workout is not a test
  • Options
    @Derrek Sanks - fixed the Wed VO2 run doubles and the Wk 6 long run...it's split now!!!!  :D

@Robert Sabo - Great catch...fixed across all ability levels...thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2017 2:09PM
    EN Full Advanced 20 weeks, Week 18 

When I load it, it is exactly the same as it was prior.  Including the note on Saturday to run no more than 30 minutes because you have a longer run tomorrow, then Sunday is a bike.   

EN Full Advanced 20 weeks, Week 17

Thursday long run still has two different runs.  Workout is Z1, TRP, Z2 then the coaches notes are TRP, Z2, Z3.

Your replies above suggest these items were fixed.  I logged out and logged back in to see if that was needed for changes to show up.  They didn't.  

• Options

Hi Coach,  I have some questions.

Full, Intermediate, 20 weeks

week 13 Bike Focus week that sees coaches notes on extra mileage, but there are no recommendations for extra mileage

week 14 missing second half of Thursday split run.  Run is only 105 min

week 18 (I saw a link on dashboard for this, but it took me to week 12 with no changes to 18) so I am still wondering if we do a 112 bike after the RR day?  I remember this being a do up to 112...

Thanks! 

• Options
    @Coach Patrick

EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced @ week 9: Sunday's workout is "Entire Run: @ TRP effort, off the bike, 180 mins."   There's no bike on Sunday...is this a 3 hour long run?

Also @ Week 10, Thursday, there are two Run Workouts listed.

Thanks,
    Derrek

• Options
    Okay, more updates for my helpful elves!!!! :wink:

@brian terwilliger -
    • EN Full Advanced 20 weeks, Week 18 - fixed the Saturday run note.
    • EN Full Advanced 20 weeks, Week 17 - updated coach workout notes
    @Virginia Edmonds -  
    • Notes added to Week 13 intermediate Full bike focus week workouts.
    • Week 14 is the first COMPLETE run (you consolidate the split runs in week 14 and beyond!), so no second run on that Thursday.
    • Update Week 18 long ride info for the Saturday session post final Race Rehearsal!

@Derrek Sanks
    • That Sunday run of 180' is meant to be the Race Rehearsal Run...thanks for catching that!
    • Fixed Week 10 double Thursday run.
    Everyone....
    • Fixed the strange symbols showing up in the plans ...usually replacing a bad ' mark (for minutes).

• Options
    EN Advanced Half 12 weeks week 7 of 12. Wednesday bike workout calls for 234 TSS in a 70' workout. That's some crazy TSS. I'd probably blow up my trainer or burn my house down from the radiant heat off of the heat sink
  • Options
    EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced @ week 10: Tuesday and Sunday Run workouts, total time and workout description does not match. "60 mins - Start with 60' or 6 miles (whichever first) @ TRP, 45' @ Zone 2, 15' ..."

EN*Full, Minimalist, 12 Weeks, Advanced @ week 9: Tuesday Bike FTP Test. Can you add an optional bike workout if you don't want to test?  Thanks
  • Options
    EN advanced 1/2 week 9 of 12. Wednesday bike workout coach's notes are about a bike test and not that workout. 
  • Options
    @Chris Oubre - you are en fuego. 
    • Fixed Week 7 Wed TSS to be 70 vs 234 !!!!   :s
    • Fixed Week 9 Bike WKO note issue. 
    @Derrek Sanks - on it. 
    • Fixed long run description for all progressive paced runs at the end of the ADV MIN FULL plan;
    • Added alternative ride to week 9 instead of Bike Test.

• Options
    HIM Advanced 12w: week 12 Tuesday bike workout: the IF doesn’t seem to match the workout. It’s short  zone 3 intervals and a warm up for an if of .89 and a tss of 79
  • Options
    @Chris Oubre - nice catch...it should read: TSS 56; IF 0.75  done!
  • Options
    Sorry this is a bit old because I had this snafoo in August.  The intermediate minimalist Iron Man plan, week one:   says for the Saturday ride, the second main set says to go for 2.5 hours at goal Iron Man pace, "low zone five."

I know this is not correct now but wanted to post here to check to make sure it was corrected.  Thanks!!!  
  • Options
    Run Durability 2, Week 4/4 on Friday.

The link in the bottom of the Friday core exercise box doesn't work.

Core / Functional Strength Session. 
    You can find resources in the Wiki if required, at the bottom of the Self Coaching Page under Core Resources: http://bit.ly/SelfCoaching
  • Options
    Not really a training plan problem, but a broken link.  Following links on Bike Wiki are broken:
  • Options
    Okay....next round done...thanks folks!!!

• @Julia Herrmann - fixed week one...thanks!
    • @Gary Lewis - all core links in the RDP fixed!
    • @Gary Lewis - those links all worked for me, but to be 100% sure I made them "direct download" links vs opening in a new window/tab.  ;) 

• Options

Testing in the 2018 EN*FULL Bike Focused (All Levels), 20 weeks, 2017 EN*Full, 12 Weeks Advanced , and 2017 EN*Full, Advanced.

I'm comparing week 12 to week 4 of the 12 week plan.

The 2018 plan has me run and bike test on Tuesday.  The 2017 plans have me run test on Thursday, the same day as my long run. 

By design?

• Options
    anyone else having issues with their training plan not displaying correctly today?  I'm in week 8 of the 2018 HIM plan. When I looked at it yesterday it looked like today was a recovery day, and tomorrow is a bike test.  However, when I look at it today, everything seems out of place and misaligned, and the power test section of tomorrow's test is missing.  here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing: