Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2017 IM Florida- Week 15- Camp week!!

Week 15- Camp Week/ Race Rehearsal

Ok IM Florida Crew- You have made it to WEEK 15! WOOHOO!! With each week comes a little more excitement for the BIG DAY! So let’s talk about this week.  This week is CAMP WEEK!!!Camp Week is the official-ification of our Ironman training weekends. It represents the intersection of race execution and volume, presenting YOU the athlete with a chance to simultaneously improve their fitness and strategy. There are FANTASTIC videos/podcast about this high volume week.  They will give IMPORTANT information so take a few minutes to listen and watch!!

Anyone going to the course to do camp?!? 

I would recommend if you have specific questions for Coach Patrick, GET THOSE IN THE forums NOW! Don't wait to ask them a questions on Friday night for Saturday morning!

What is camp?

It's a regular training week with modifications to allow for a swim test, the 2 x 112 rides and a weekend long run.

• Thursday:  Swim Test Day

• Friday:  Race Rehearsal #1 aka 112 Mile Ride + a 1 Hour Run.  Read the full Race Rehearsal protocol here.

• Saturday:  Up to 112 Mile Ride. How far you ride on Day Two is a function of your fitness and race goals, and of course, safety. At a minimum you'll want to do 56 miles, with more advanced athletes working upwards to a full 112.

• Sunday:  Long Run according to your plan; minimum of 13 miles.

Think at the start of this week.

• What do I need this weekend to get ready. Get your equipment dialed in.

• Pacing

• Get out there and JRA - 1 hour 1.5 then to steady pace

• Fueling plan

• Run - first three miles LRP plus 30” per mile. First three miles to settle in - mark the transition and take stock of how you feel

More info here….http://members.endurancenation.us/TrainingPlan/TrainingPlanCentralPage/ENFULLPlanResources/VolumeStrategySeriesPartIV.aspx

Keep on CRUSHIN’ it Florida Team!!! Let’s hear you!! How’s everyone doing???

*** EN GEAR:  Make sure to check out our AMAZING store at Trisports! http://www.trisports.com/endurance-nation.html

Sponser of the Week: VASA!!

SwimErg

Swim Erg Discount Code:  BONUS-EN-ERG

Purchase of one SwimErg

Discount value: $100 off

SwimErg best for triathletes looking to:

Trainer Pro

Trainer Pro Discount Code:  BONUS-EN-TRAINER

Purchase of one Trainer Pro

Discount value: $50 off

More info here: https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/22869/vasa#latest

Comments

• Options
    Camp Week done.

Fri. 4200y pool swim followed by a 96 mi. bike/6 mi. run with fellow ENer Jose Carpio. Good time, the hours went by fast!

Sat. 60 more miles on the bike/3 mi. run. Legs getting fatigued.

Sun. 2 hr run got me 11 miles. Pretty slow, had a rough patch in the middle and thought I was gonna cut it short, stuck with it and actually felt better last couple miles. Legs had that "Ironman" feel.
  • Options

Sounds like my RR!  Good day overall.