Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Scott Schneider Official Coach Thread

13»

Comments

• Options

@Coach Patrick - really disappointed with this week of training. I felt like I was getting sick and had a full schedule with work and my kids' sports. Ended up missing or cutting short a lot of training, which I know is critical this close to the race. Need to plan better and probably take a few days off in the coming weeks to ensure it doesn't happen again.

• Options

Don’t worry about it man, life happens. Innoway it’s better you listen to your body and the contents of your life so that you don’t do damage to yourself. Any bonehead can push through a lack of sleep or pain but that doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. Let’s get back on track with your consistency so that you can feel confident with what you have set forth. Remember you can always fill a lack of training time with a better race plan as well so feel free to burn your calories by using your brain!!

• Options

@Coach Patrick since I had a relatively lower volume week of training last week (11 hours) I was planning to keep my training volume a little higher this week than the plan dictates? Does that sound ok? Over the past three months, I have averaged just over 12 hours training per week, so hopefully this combined with a good race execution will be enough to finally get me across the finish line.

• Options

Scott, that’s absolutely fine. This is the last week where you can really put in some bike volume that you can absorb. Of course you need to balance that cycling against the long run on the program. But as long as you’re getting enough rest and eating properly, I am OK with that.

Remember as we continue progressing towards the race, he will also start to reduce the cycling and run volume but can add this much swimming as you see fit. That’s also a great tool. Keep me posted!

• Options

Coach- I ended up getting sick this week and didnt get much training in. I am very frustrated with the timing. I know I can’t add fitness at this point, but I don’t want to lose it either. I am trying to stay positive because I can’t handle another DNF. I made a lot of changes since Santa Rosa and I hope with a good race execution it will be enough. I will post a race plan this week to the forums and will let you know how it goes in Tempe.

• Options

@Scott Schneider Hope you and Coach P don't mind me jumping in here. You've worked so hard and this race means so much to you since Oceanside 70.3 and Santa Rosa. The biggest thing you can do right now is sleep. Let you body heal and keep the stress hormones down. Find some confidence that you have the fitness to execute a smart race. Get you plan posted so we can help you.

• Options

@Coach Patrick I posted my race report in the forums. Finished in 16:09. Lots of room for improvement, but a very rewarding experience and my first Ironman finish. I am grateful I came across EN, as I have no doubt it shortened my learning curve tremendously. I am going to take a break for a while from triathlon, so I would ask that you stop my membership from auto-renewing at the end of this month. I am sure I will do more Ironman's in the future, and my first stop will be to re-join EN. The support, resources, and guidance has been invaluable.

• Options

@Scott Schneider - congratulations on the finished! I’m glad that you appreciate the team effort, one of the first things that @Al Truscott mentioned and posting to the team was how pumped he was for you to finish. #goteam

You have absolutely earned some well-deserved rest. I’m glad you have your race report as a record of those lessons learned. Those will never leave you, especially if you stay smart about never losing sight of what you have already learned.

My biggest piece of advice to you now as you transition out of the Iron Man space it’s a just keep up at baseline level of activity. Even 30 minutes a day of non-weight bearing stuff can go a long way to preventing a complete backslide. You’ve come so far, I don’t want you to miss out on these gains!

Looking forward to connecting again in the future.