Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Patrick Morton Official Coach Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

Hey @Coach Patrick @Brenda Ross

I’ve been working with my PT to try and figure out this knee pain. We decided to take 10 days completely off the bike and all of my knee pain went away after about a week. Apparently, even though I wasn’t having any pain on the bike, my cycling was either causing the pain or more likely preventing my knee from healing. Either way, we came to the conclusion that to correct the muscular imbalances that appear to be the underlying issue I’ll need to step away from structured training for “12 to 16 weeks”. Hopefully, there’s enough time for me to fix this issue (so I can train in the long term, the next 20 years) AND Return in enough time to Train for and Race Leadville this year.

That being said, I’m going to need to step away from Endurance Nation for a bit while I get this taken care of.

• Options

@Pat Morton Very sorry to hear about the knee. I agree with time off, but I am surprised to hear for months is in order. For an athlete such as yourself that seems fairly extreme. In addition to the rest, I suggest you have someone take a look at your bike fit. That could be a contributing factor.

I will have Brenda give you our two month injury timeout, and then check back in with you. Wishing you the best.

This discussion has been closed.