Home Coaching Forum 🧢

Carl Alleyne Official Coach Thread

124»

Comments

• @Carl Alleyne - Just following up on your monthly feedback for us. Thanks for doing it! 

Here's what you said: 

Rankings are as follows:

• Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 1
    • Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Run Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Body Comp vs Last Month: 2

Next month's focus: Body comp & run fitness

Extra help request: Nothing. I just have to remain focused on the goals and taking each wko one day at a time.

Well, I think you're in a great place. You've been putting up some great weeks of cycling consistency, and somehow still managing to fit in the long run. If it all possible I'd like to see you continue doing those back to back weekend rides. Bonus if you can do the Friday free train and the two rides on the weekend as well. Every so often you want to go big like you did with Allison, but otherwise were looking for 2 to 3 hours on Sunday (race + steady) and another session on Sunday (closer to tempo effort 3.0 riding, find a century to tag along with).

Onwards!!

~ Coach P

• @Coach Patrick

Hey Coach P, it's been a while. As my post bike camp blocks come to an end I wanted a recco on which outseason I should aim for. The Dec or Jan. My A race is in Sept in Netherlands. Thoughts?

• Friendly reminder for the above message

@Coach Patrick

• @Carl Alleyne I will jump in here....With a September "A" race - go with the Jan OutSeason. Folks with races around June/July start earlier in Nov or Dec. With your race in the Netherlands later in the year - the OutSeason in Jan is a better start time.

• @matt limbert @Coach Patrick thanks! In that case, this is my last week of the post bike camp blocks. What would you recommend in between now and Jan os? I was thinking a swim camp since that’s my weakest area by far.

• @Carl Alleyne hey I don't check this on the weekends, sorry I missed the message then!

Your agenda is pretty open right now. You've done a lot of work with a few too long and I know that you've seen some improvements there. Given how structured the January out season will be, another 14 weeks, it might be nice for you to take a bit of a mental break in the space and try something a little different. Like your swim focus...assuming you can get into Le Pools.

In addition to doing your swim focus, you could complement that by doing some upper body flexibility work around your swimming. Here is a 20' video you can watch / work on implementing 3x a week during this block? Would be interesting to hear how this affects your swim performance.

Of course, in addition to that I think it be great to have you get back into sims with Racing. I am thinking too short races during the week of hard work. The weekend will be easy just fat max tape work. It be nice for you to find a way to sustain the games that you've made but make it fun or challenging. All, of course, while not putting you into the B category. 🤣What do you say?

Mon -  Swim, Short run

Tues - Race, swim flex

Wed - Skill Swim, medium run.

Thu - Race, swim flex

Fri - Swim, Short run

Sat - Fax Max indoors or out.

Sun - Longer easy aerobic run or hike.