Home Announcements 🎙
Options

NBS Hydration ... great product from one of our Sponsors

2»

Comments

• Options
    Reached out to Cliff at NBS. He is being very kind and helping me figure a few things out. He also thinks I may be over salted with the current regiment of @ 1000mg/hr. So we have decided for me to do my double run with just NBS no preload or base and see what happens. Calories will be from fruit gummies. Nbs will give me 540mg per hour. 

@Robert Sabo You may be right. Cliff suspects it too. When are you getting into Sunriver?
  • Options
    I had a great ride today on new hydration separated from food program.  I used Skratch products, but nonetheless a successful experiment.  I drank 1/2 bottle of the hyper (preload salty stuff) last night.  I got through 5 bottles in 3hr 20 min in pretty hot conditions.  I had to stop at 1:45 and pee (never happened before).  Also took in two Scratch bars and a pack of chews.  No nausea, no sloshy tummy.  I then ran 20 min off the bike before I melted.  Had to pee again when done.  No stomach shutdown.  Granted my IF was only 0.72, but that is my proposed IM effort.  My ave HR was also in the 118 range (very low for this ride for me).  Overall a positive data point.  Tried to weigh before and after, but uneven ground in parking lot gave spurious results (+5lb?).  Now to take it to longer distances.   But I think the recipe is a keeper.
  • Options

Have a meeting with NBS in two weeks, we just love this company, so if there are any questions or things you want/need let me know!

• Options

Use of preload products and any electrolyte drinks for between workouts.