Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2019 Mallorca Camp **Now Open** (and selling out fast!)

edited January 24, 2019 5:47PM in Races & Places 🏁⛺
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXqbYSuaV0

Okay folks, by all accounts the 2018 trip to Mallorca was an incredible success...so we are going back in 2019!!

I am having a hard time riding without of cafe con leche every 90 minutes. Yes, Mallorca is that amazing.  At least all of these awesome pictures from the SmugMug gallery seriously help.

Here is the 2019 Roster as of 01/24/2019:

• Tim Stajkowski
  • Joe Hallaschek
  • Kori Martini
  • Carl Alleyne
  • Christopher Zarlengo
  • Scott Alexander
  • Mark Roberts
  • OPEN
  • Rhonda Jean
  • Sheila Leard
  • Husband Leard
  • Stephanie Stevenson
  • Emily Brinkley
  • Enda Moran
  • Marc Capobianco
  • Mike Metz
  • Yvette Metz
  • Matt Coarr
  • Donnacha Holmes
  • Patrick McCrann
  • Susan Sotir
  • Soroya Rahmand
  • Jeff Capobianco
  • Robin Sarner
  • Kim DuBord
  • Sattish Punna
  • Paula Donnelly

From new routes to new schwag and new Scottish...there's a ton of new things going into our next camp. 

The most important thing to know is that there are only nine spots left

You can learn more and make your camp deposit online here: https://mile18inc.com/mallorca-cycling-camp/

I expect this camp to sell out quickly, so don't hesitate!

~ Coach P

Ps - have questions? Email emily@mile18inc.com 

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Pumped to add @kim dubord to the camp list. Look at all these amazing women coming to camp!!!!
  • Options
    Hi @Coach Patrick !  I signed up for the camp as a single room.  My husband wants to join and do the camp rides. Do I need to sign up for him as well, or can he ride once I signed up for the single room?  Thanks!  
  • Options
    @robin sarner and @Sheila Leard + hubby on the way too!!!

@Yvette Metz Yes, you are both camper so you should have done 2 x double occupancy. It's all good. Sign him up as a "Double" Camper and we'll take $50 off the final invoice from you guys....thanks so much!!!

THIS MAKES JUST 3 SLOTS LEFT as of 05/17/2018
  • Options
    Hey @ Coach P - 

I've registered for a single occupancy room. My wife  and adult daughter would like to come with to Mallorca do to some sightseeing. Is the single room large enough to sleep three comfortably? 
    Thanks,
    Tim
  • Options
    @Tim Stajkowski  -- yes...the "master" is euro style...two twins pushed together. The Living room had a fold out bed that my 10 and 12 year olds slept on. Totally doable. 
  • Options
    Added @Carl Alleyne and @Rory Gumina To the mix...so our twenty spots are sold out. Mallorca Camp is on a waitlist now, and the pricing on the official camp page will reflect that. We can almost always get the WL folks in due to a cancellation, but often need to hire a another guide / additional support to handle the extra campers. 

Don't forget about the Blue Ridge Camp as that's a fantastic US training option!!!
  • Options
    That sounds perfect @Coach P!

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone
  • Options
    Ohh awesome! I'm so pumped for you all! I wish I could go, but April vacations are incompatible with my work schedule. Exciting to see @Carl Alleyne is signed up! #Jealous !!!
  • Options
    Did all you pro cycling followers happen to know/see/hear that there are some pretty big races up in Northern Europe the week after our camp?

Amstel Gold race, Netherlands, is Sun 4/21.
    La Fleche Wallone, Belgium, is Wed 4/24.
    Liege-Bastogne-Liege, also in Belgium, is Sun 4/28.

I was hoping to plan a week in Belgium pre- or post-Mallorca in 2019, to extend my vacation. But this just might be the kicker to get me there to ride some cobbles!

Who wants to extend their vacation with me (and help me plan!)?
  • Options
    @Scott Alexander --- ooooooooooooooooh man that looks EPIC!!! 
  • Options

@Coach Patrick

I provided a deposit last year $250.00 but did not attend camp.

Can that deposit go towards 2019 camp ?

• Options

Oh, hey guys! Finally checking in on the forums now tooooo... I'll be posting the emails for folks who've signed up this month. We have a GREAT group!! I'm working to get our October update out this week.

Stay tuned for the last few month's of Mallorca Monthly. IF you're NOT getting these emails, shoot me a message at emily@mile18inc.com

• Options

JUNE Mallorca Monthly

Hi folks!

I’m Emily (EB), Director of all Camp Logistics for Mile 18/Endurance Nation. I was lucky enough to ride with most of you on our first trip to Mallorca a few months back. For those of you who are going for the first time, you are in for a treat!! And by treat I mean cake. Lots. Of. Cake.

My goal is to check in around the first of the month with tips, reminders, and general banter on what to look forward to for our 2nd Mallorca Cycling Camp in 2019. We’ve also got a Facebook page rocking with athletes who have either participated in camp this year, shown interest, or call Mallorca their home away from home (uchmmm Scott.)

Your JUNE reminders: 

Check your PASSPORT expiration date! Might as well get that taken care of now.

Make sure you have your shots. Just kidding. This is to make sure you’re reading my email to the end.

Go ahead and RESERVE YOUR BIKE Our amazing guides through Mallorca Cycling Tours have a close relationship with Pro Cycle Hire More details on this at a later date. Yes, you will need to know your frame size. No, you do not need your measurements at this time. Yes, they are close to our hotel. Yes, we will hopefully have bike concierge deliver to our personal bike garage at the hotel. Yes, we have our very own bike garage!

I had the best experience with my bike I rented from PCH. I took my pedals and saddle to them the Saturday afternoon I landed. Even with severe jet-lag, I was able to make it safely to and from the shop within 30 min.

Let me know if you have any questions! Talk to you in July.

Ready, go…

• Options

JulyGust Mallorca Monthly

Howdy folks! 

By now, you’re either deep in the build for your next race, surviving the taper crazies, OR recovering from your A race — and probably NOT thinking about our epic training trip to Mallorca next Spring. 

That’s where I come in with my happy Spanish dance — OLE´

Skipped over July and coming in HOT with your August reminders: 

AIRFARE — I’m seeing tons of airfare deals into Madrid and Barcelona. Pro Tip: set a google flights reminder to email you fare changes from your home airport into Palma de Mallorca. I also follow Scott’s Cheap Flights for International Travel Deals. We had a few athletes use airline miles last year as well. 

MALLORCA CYCLING TOURS: We’ll be teamed up with the pros from MCT again this year. Follow along with them on FB HERE and you too can swoon with envy over the pictures they post. They REALLY like cake.

Happy Julygust! Have anything you’d like me to check on for your time in Spain? Let me know… 

• Options

September Mallorca Monthly

Hopefully this email finds you with your feet up enjoying the last few days of summer. This Monthly Mallorca Tip is all about that Hotel Hustle.

This Just In!! —> Coach P has confirmed rooms for everyone! We are again staying at the SportsHotel Villaconcha again. 

If you’re on the fence about this trip, we need to know ASAP so that we won’t take a hit. The final payment due date is December 31 — but the sooner we know your intentions the better. Please consider the upfront cost we have with locking in these rooms early. If you have any changes I need to be aware of, please let me know before September 30th by end of business.

I’ll also begin sending everyone’s invoice this month. All of our prices are in Euro, so we will do the conversion in your invoice. You can pay the invoice online using your Credit Card, or you can take $50 of the price and mail a check made out to Patrick McCrann to 4 Woodford Rd Barrington, RI 02806.

Other important items to consider:

Ground transportation to and from the airport is included in your camp fee.

We will need your flight details including arrival, departure times and airline you’re traveling. I will send out a link to provide this information here soon. Please Note, this year we will only be able to cover the rooms for the official camp dates. If you are planning to fly in early or stay later, I’ll gladly connect you with our hotel contact to secure in the best nightly rate possible.

If you are planning to bring your spouse, there is an additional hotel charge for them as room and board (€450 for the week, €64 a night.) Europe not only has funky electrical outlets, they also like to charge per person for a room (which does include breakfast and dinner!). It’s not significant, but we wanted to let you know.

Speaking of breakfast and dinner — The hotel will also charge for any dinner drinks besides water. There are a few options for grocery stores if you’d like to keep a few drinks in your room refrigerator. 

• Options

Lions and tigers and KONA, OH MY!

It IS still October… right? 

This month is all about payment options for our Spain trip. See bullet points below:

- Our total trip charge is in Euro. To make it easier for everyone, I’ve gone ahead and converted your invoice into dollar amounts based on where the Euro is at this month.

- All of you have already paid a deposit. That has been deducted from the total amount due.

- Final payments are due by December 31, 2018.

- PAY ONLINE - Just complete the invoice with payment and we’ll confirm with you.

- PAY AS YOU GO - You have the option to pay-as-you-go with InvoiceNinja, our invoicing software. Just pay what you can this month and return to the invoice later to make another payment. Just remember that final payments are due by December 31, 2018.

- SAVE $50 Pay By CHECK - Want $50 off total price? Send a check via snail mail made out to Patrick McCrann, address is 4 Woodford Road, Barrington, RI 02806. Please reply to this message that you are sending a check so we can be on the lookout for it!

Please feel free to reach out if I’ve missed something. There are no silly questions… or as Charlie Brown’s teacher says, “wha wha whaaa wha whaaa wa.”

I’ll reach out again around Turkey Lurkey Day.

EB

Emily Brinkley 

Director of Camp Logistics

endurancenation.us

mile18inc.com

m. 704-519-5591

e. emily@mile18inc.com

Find me on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | STRAVA

• Options

Looking forward to the 2nd version of this Camp! Last year was incredible! My kids are on spring break the week before so Katy, the boys and I are heading to Mallorca on Wednesday and they are staying until Sunday. Going to be epic again!

• Options

Hey guys -- I've started sending the invoices out this morning. Please let me know if I've missed something or if you have any questions.

@Mark Roberts SO excited to hear this!! I just shot you an email to confirm if you guys need my help with lodging for Katy and the kids.

• Options

What is the best price I should be able to get for flight from Seattle to Majorca and back ?

• Options

I've been going for 9 years now, and have been able to use AA miles once (the first time). Every other time I've seen/purchased $800-1500. This is out of Dallas-Ft Worth, an AA hub.

I know AA goes from multiple places (ex, DFW) to Madrid (MAD), then connects with Iberia to Palma (PMI). There's only two connecting flights this way, one a little bit after the DFW-MAD lands and then the 2nd is ~8 hours later.

I've also gone Dallas to Chicago to Frankfurt to Palma on United/Lufthansa.

I'll just put it this way...buying super early isn't always your cheapest bet. But there is some risk associated with that as well. YMMV

• Options

Hi @Emily Brinkley , did you have a chance to take care of the invoice for me? Thanks Yvette

• Options

Happy Holidays y Felices Vacaciones

DECEMBER REMINDERS: 

• Final payment for camp is due December 31st. To those campers who have sent in payment, thank you! I will follow up with confirmation here shortly. 
    • Bike Rentals — Are you planning to bring your bike with you to Spain? If not, make sure to confirm your rental through Pro Cycle Hire: http://procyclehire.com You’ll need to rent the bike from 4/14 to 4/19; and be sure to list Mallorca Cycling Tours as your local contact. There’s a good sizing chart off of your height, but you can always go back later to update your rental with specifics. 
    • Flight Details — Just to confirm, you’ll need to arrive into PMI (Palma De Mallorca Airport) on Saturday, April 14th, 2019. Our group will check out of the hotel on Saturday, April 20th. We need your arrival and departure information once booked so we can schedule your transfers… so please send those in to emily@mile18inc.com
    • Remember as a camp attendee you are eligible for deeper discounted sponsorship opportunities. Now until 12/31/18 use code ENELITE for 30% off NormaTec recovery boots! call-in only, Call into the sports line at 617-658-5896 and reference our code.

For those of you who are either traveling in before camp or wish to stay after, please let me know. I’ll gladly make an introduction to our contact at the hotel who will hopefully be able to offer our group rate for your additional stay. 

Have a wonderful December, folks. Wishing you the very best in this last month of 2018. 

Tailwinds, 

EB

OH — PS: We have about 4 more slots left if you know anyone who is interested. They can email me directly for more information.

• Options

Hey folks -- Hope everyone had a blessed holiday yesterday.

Thanks to all of you who have sent your payment in for Mallorca. Please let me know if you have any issues sending in your final balance by December 31, 2018 -- emily@mile18inc.com or give me a shout at 704-519-5591

I'm headed out of town tomorrow through New Years Day just incase you reach out and I don't respond super quick.

• Options

Hi folks,

Happy New Year!

The majority of you are now paid in FULL for our 2019 Mallorca Camp. I’ll be sending out email confirmations of payment this week. Please double check that I have you confirmed for the right SHARED/SINGLE space.

• IF you have paid and do not get a confirmation email by Friday, January 11th, please let me know.
    • IF you have NOT yet paid, I will be re-sending your final invoice this week.

We’ve welcomed a few more folks to our 2019 crew this year so to kick off the New Year, I figured I’d review some important information.

• Check your PASSPORT expiration date! Might as well get that taken care of now.

• Go ahead and RESERVE YOUR BIKE  Our amazing guides through Mallorca Cycling Tours have a close relationship with Pro Cycle Hire.  More details on this at a later date. Yes, you will need to know your frame size. No, you do not need your measurements at this time. Yes, they are close to our hotel. Yes, we will hopefully have bike concierge deliver to our personal bike garage at the hotel. Yes, we have our very own bike garage!

• You'll need to rent the bike from 4/13 to 4/19 (we RIDE 4/14 to 4/19); and be sure to list Mallorca Cycling Tours as your local contact. There's a good sizing chart off of your height, but you can always go back later to update your rental with specifics.

• Flight Details — Just to confirm, you’ll need to arrive into PMI (Palma De Mallorca Airport) on Saturday, April 13th, 2019. Our group will check out of the hotel on Saturday, April 20th. We need your arrival and departure info once booked so we can schedule your transfers...so please send those into emily@mile18inc.com.
    • Our Mallorca countdown is officially on!! The picture attached is from Sa Colobra. We’ll descend down this puppy only to turn around and climb right back up it. Our group rode this on Day 3 of camp last year. 65 miles, 6500 total elevation gain, 2 cafe stops for cakes and espresso. The climb itself is just under 6 miles, 7.1% grade, 2200 elevation gain. Fun fact, the local pros in Mallorca think the Strava KOM for the full climb was some guy on an e-bike...

Train on,

EB

• Options

Hi! Question to past campers, do most people rent a road bike. They don't have one in my size.

Are you riding a Tri bike?

Or bringing your own?

• Options

@Yvette Metz - I rode my own road bike last year, Tri bike is not as conducive to group riding..

there are multiple rental agencies in the town, I am sure that @Scott Alexander may have some ideas for you.

• Options

After taking my own bike for the first 6 years of my Mallorca trips, the last 3 have been rentals. Rentals are SO much easier, especially if you like to travel before/after Mallorca, like I do.

There are at least 5 shops in Puerto Pollensa now, all within walking distance of the hotel. I'll try to find the document (w/ a map) that I put together last year for everyone, but you can google it too. Different brands by different shops!

Add some power pedals (PowerTaps, Garmins, whatever) and you've got the perfect system to capture all the awesomeness that is Mallorca for you data geeks. Bring your own saddle!

• Options

Here's the thread from 2018. My notes about local shops is on page 5 of this long thread. Read all of it though, by all means, there's a ton of good info in it!

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/23049/new-mallorca-tri-camp-april-2018-pricing-update-published/p5

• Options

Thanks, Scott! Yes, great question Yvette. There seems to be a lack of small frames with Pro Cycle Hire. I've connected with our host while on the island and he recommended Mallorca Bike Hire (https://www.mallorcabikehire.com/) OR Pinarello (https://www.pinarelloexperience.com/)

I also plan to rent through one of these two today seeing that rentals are going quickly.