Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Endurance Nation Training Plans Have a New (Interactive!) Home with Final Surge

edited February 25, 2020 5:24PM in Announcements 🎙

After months of work, we are please to tell you that our training plans are online in a dynamic app that will make your training experience 10x simpler and more effective. You can read about how Final Surge compares to other training logs in this article by Triathlete Magazine: https://www.finalsurge.com/downloads/Triathlete-Magazine-GEAR-FaceOff-0618.pdf

Coach Video

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/r3tthsz9zo?embedType=iframe&seo=false&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=2

The Benefits

• Online plan for computer / smartphone / tablet.
  • Integrated with your Garmin, etc, for workout syncing when done.
  • Email notifications for workouts to your phone, never look up a workout again!
  • Integrated Endurance Nation training zones (calculate them before loading a plan) so the workout is super specific.
  • Easy access for Coach to review your data and make adjustments as needed.
  • You can go to www.finalsurge.com yourself and create a free account to explore if you like.

The Quirks

• Zones only integrate (or update) when you Set them before loading a plan. They aren’t dynamic In that if you test in Week 8 and update your zones, the “installed” plan will still have old values in it. This is in the works to fix.

• Loading plans means the whole thing...if you load a 20 week plan that you only need the last 12 weeks for, you still get the prior 8 weeks. Not an issue if you have “dead” workouts back there as they won’t show up in your charts and darts, but some Type A folks don’t like it.

• Plan resources are now under a separate tab, you need to go there and can click on any one from any week (it’s a list), vs Week-to-Week.

• New platform, new controls...will take time to get used to it...but again the upside is huge.

FAQs

• This is an additional cost, but I am only passing on the Final Surge charge to you at cost. We make no money on this deal.
  • New plans will grow and live online moving forward. You might not want to change now, but if you want the 2019 OS plan, for example, it will only be on FS. 

How You Do It

Adding the Final Surge Log to your Endurance Nation Experience is simple.

1. Login to EN and go to Account / Manage My Account.

2. Click on the blue “Maintain Account Button”

3. On the payment interface, Go down to the Subscription section and click “Edit” in the upper right corner.

4. This takes you to the “Change Your Plan” tab….we don’t want to, so scroll to the bottom and click “Next”

5. Now we are in the “Add Ons” tab, and you can put a check next to The “Final Surge Access for Endurance Nation” option for $5/28 days.

6. Click the red “Save and Continue” button.

7. On the final screen, you click the Red “Change Subscription” Button to Confirm the change.

You Did It!

You will then get an email from Final Surge with instructions on how to create OR link your existing Final Surge account to the Endurance Nation portal.

Then you can update your zones, link your devices, load a plan and get to work!

If you run into issues, please use the red chat icon on the members site (EN issues) or the Final Surge support system (plan issues) as needed. 

Thanks for all your support...please Reply to this thread with questions about how to use this in the General Discussion Forum so we can all answer you!

~ Coach Patrick

Comments

• Options
    This is super cool!!  Good time for me to hit re-start... again!
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick  your notes and vid made Final Surge sign up was a breeze!

Then loaded up EN Zones (had to do kinda from "memory" cuz after EN Acct updated couldn't seem to find them??? ... maybe user error)

And have been geeking out with the FS calendar since ... moving wko's and customizing weeks ... easy peasy!

Also linked to Garmin Connect ... awaiting past 30 days of wko's to populate ... FS note said could take 24-48 hours
  • Options
    @Rory Gumina, I did the same as you... very easy, but also noticed once I added Final Surge via EN, my plan and zones within EN were MIA. Not a big deal for me as I’m kinda swagging anyhow after a layoff but something to be aware of. 
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick I have the Ultra Run Plan 50 miler loaded up, in week 9 of 16.  Today I noticed FS calendar is off by 1 day relative to EN plan... IOW the Monday rest Day is on Sunday,  tues is on mon, weds is on tues , etc.
  • Options
    I signed up too.  Really easy.  Looking briefly at the page, I like the set up.  Thanks to Julie and Rory for the heads up about training zones.  I wrote down my current zones before I made the switch.
  • Options
    @tim cronk, I had a similar issue when I set the end date of my plan to be a Saturday (which is when my race is). So Final Surge backs everything up 1 day. Once I changed the end date to Sunday, all was good. Maybe that’s what you did?
  • Options
    There seems to bug with EN running zones calculator. Zone 3 and Zone 5 are out of whack :) and I can't save them. Weird, because I remember calulating the zones Friday morning and it went fine.

• Options
    @Julie Pfeifle I went in to EN and checked my plan ending on a Sunday, then
    I went into FS and reset the plan to end on a Sunday. Still off by one
    day. No worries but I figured if something was wrong Coach P would wanna
    get it fixed.
  • Options
    @Marcin Woźniak - I sent that into Final Surge support, they should help us out shortly. 

@tim cronk - same with the ultra plan, thanks. 

ALL, yes, we don't want to have EN plans on EN and on Final Surge...I am glad you are finding the plans and loaded them up. Note I added 5k run plans last week and 10k plans to  come shortly...
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2018 10:27PM
    Answered
  • Options
    So when will the plans be removed from the EN website @Coach Patrick ?
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick  - changed to the new Final Surge platform. The Aquabike training plans available are the 20 Week versions for Full and Half. Will there be a 12 week option forthcoming? I am on week #8 on the 12 week plan and it doesn't line up with either option

• Options
    Went ahead and made the switch. We'll see how this goes on the setup.
  • Options
    Loaded it up and really like it! So much easier to view what's in store for the upcoming week(s).

Now that the plan is living in Final Surge, is there any way to quickly see what week we are in? For example, within EN it would say week 11 of 20. Final Surge doesn't seem to show that. I did the math and figured it out anyway, but it is helpful to be reminded where we are in the plans for those of us loading workouts into trainer road or zwift. 
  • Options
    @Stephen Cogger - hmmmmm good point. I could go back and add the "week" note to the monday of each plan. Would that do it? 
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick I think that would be a perfect solution. Thanks!
  • Options
    Today was my first day using Final Surge on a split run day.

The plan distinctly shows the 2 runs. But after my morning run, both run 1 and 2 got auto populated with the data from my first run. Any ideas to work around this one?
  • Options
    Where could I find the weekly videos that hangout at the top right of the old plan page? Are they gone now?
  • Options
    @Josh Church, look under Files and Resources.
  • Options
    @Coach Patrick

I've been so indoctrinated with looking at CTL, TSB, ect, and now not seeing that in FS how can we gauge our progression in training? The analytical's of each wko are good in FS, but what about that big picture of training load over time?

Thank you.
  • Options
    I've been tracking Stryd power for about six months. Looking at various terrain, temperatures, fresh or dead legs to see just what my zones are. I'm starting to see a pattern in my HR and Power Zones and Pace. 

In Final Surge, HR and Power look right but the running pace puts me at an entire zone above. Wishing won't get me to run Z4 pace in  Z3 :) 

Anyone else seeing this?

Also - will Final Surge offer a sync to Stryd?

Thank You.
  • Options
    @Sheila Leard They are working on a training load over time functionality. Not sure what you mean by pace...are you saying the data uploading is wrong or the calculator is wrong? 

I get my run power in there from my strava sync...details here.

• Options
    @Coach Patrick  For example: Zone 2 for HR and Power look accurate, but Zone 2 for Pace is too fast. I'm not going to sweat over it, but EN calculations were right on. Maybe I'm missing something.

• Options
    Hi @Sheila Leard

I was seeing funky zones for run power in FS also, so I just went in and tweaked both the names of the zones and the power numbers.  I used the EN run power calculator spreadsheet to calculate my zones, and then replicated it in FS.  Hope this helps.

-John

• Options
    Hellllllp!?  Pretty please.  So sad.  I just updated to iOS 11.4.1.  It won’t let me get into final surge now!  There is no update in the App Store.  This makes everything come to a screeching halt because I can’t get in.   Can’t see my workout for tomorrow!  😢. Am I the only one with this problem? 
  • Options
    Ok I at least got access on my laptop so I know what to do for tomorrow.  Crisis averted but still a bit worried about being completely shut out of the app.  😕
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2018 1:13PM via Email
    @Julia Herrmann , Try uninstalling and install the app again?? Maybe turn phone off then back on. I didn’t have an issue with the update. Hope that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Options
    What is the deadline to switch to final surge? Will we still have access to the old plans through the same tabs/website/mobile app, or will those disappear once new plans launch through FS only?

Thanks!
  • Options
    @Larry Peters - Once you switch to FS, you will not be able to see the training plans on the EN website, but you'll be able to see all the plans in FS. I've been on FS for a couple months and haven't missed anything about the old way of accessing the plans and viewing your workouts. It's so much better/easier on FS.
  • Options
    Larry, everyone will be "forced over" to Final Surge as of 10/29 aka the
    start of the OutSeason®.

All new plans, including the new OutSeason® plan, will only be on Final
    Surge.

~ Coach P