Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Creating a Public "Zwift with Endurance Nation" Page...

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm still in IM prep mode for AZ. After Thanksgiving, I'll be doing Sat AM rides when not skiing in CO...exact dates TBD. Imalsomwas having fantasies about a workout mode ride to keep us all together.

• Options
    edited November 3, 2018 9:29PM

@Sid Wavrin @Sheila Leard I did a Zwift group wko today that was 90 min. Going to be a regular Sat am ride and will increase by 30 min every month, so will be 4 hrs by April. There were 60 riders today, and leader said they had over 150 last year by their last month, hoping for 200 this year. Problem is it’s at 7:25 am eastern time. It will be a good backup ride for me, but too early for west coasters. I’m not sure what our options are for public rides, but I think if @Coach Patrick could get a Saturday ABP group wko set up through Zwift, we’d prob get good participation.

• Options

So, we need some ride leaders for the slots open in the image (at bottom):

1. 9:00am EST Friday Freight Train (Two back up Leads needed). Coach P main lead, this is a steady state ride of 2.5 for 20', then building to 3.0. Ride will be 2 to 3 hours, but if you just "get it started" in the AM that's OK too.
    2. TBD Friday DETOX Ride - (Three leaders needed). This is an easy 45' to 60' ride, part of our "spin the legs out" protocol. We don't have a time for this, but if this is part of your winter program you can do it. Likely 2.0 to 2.5 range...you tell me.
    3. 8:00am Sunday Cruise and Crush Ride (Two back up Leads needed) - Brian Hagan (main lead), need two back up leads here.

As for the additional ride you want on Saturday PST, I am down. But to be clear, any official Zwift ride needs Dedicated Ride Leaders that can be attached to the event. So when you sort that out, let me know! I have an in to create a ride, just need to be able to have folks Prepared to "run" it. 🤣

• Options

@Coach Patrick depending on timing and my running schedule (that you assign 😉) I think I might be able to help with the Friday detox (again based on when you want to have that ride) and I might also be able to help with the cruise and crush ride. We should probably talk about season schedule and then if these fit I’d love to help.

• Options

@Coach Patrick In the original document I thought I edited it to add my name as one of the leaders for the Friday ride. It must not have ended up there. I will be willing to do it if you want to add my name. Also for those of you interested in the Saturday AM ride, @Sheila Leard @Al Truscott @Alicia Chase I would also be willing to lead that at times if needed.

• Options

@Coach Patrick I can help with the Sunday crush & cruise and the Friday freight train ride if needed. On Friday I’ll just need to know ahead of time if leading so I can move workouts around that day. Filled out form.

• Options

@Sheila Leard @Alicia Chase @Sid Wavrin @Coach Patrick

Regarding Saturday RIde @ 10 AM EST...I am in the final two weeks of my IM work leading to Arizona, so I have not put any attention on this. It sounds like Patrick will be able to ensure that this will be a "Workout", rather than a free ride. I think this fits with what Sheila and Alicia were both saying - a ride anyone can join no matter what their w/kg, as the Zwift Workout Rubber Band Effect keeps us all together. It would be great if ENers in the OS could all ride together on Saturday. Personally to help that happen, I would be willing to start @ 6 AM PST, although I'd certainly prefer later. And it's a bonus if we can attract non-EN folks to show just how serious and demanding our OS workouts are.

The workouts already exist, in Zwift-friendly format, meaning the 2018 OS Saturday ABP workouts. They are all pretty much the same, but could be built as a progression for the Type As who love to follow the Plan. Course choice is not so important, as the workout "flattens the hills" and normalizes everyone's w/kg. But for conversation, since the rides are ~ 2.5 hours long, longer courses would be less boring: Watopia Big Loop, Pretzel or Three Sisters , London Pretzel or Triple Loops, New York Everything Bagel; Innsbruck Achterbahn

Since I dedicate some of my winter time to skiing, the days I'd be able to lead are only: Dec 1, 29; Jan 5, 12, 19; Feb 25; Mar 4, 11, 18, 25; Apr 1.

And, if the Friday DeTox ride starts @ 10 AM EST or later (7 AM PST), I can be one of the three leaders, per my time constraints noted above. I would strongly like this ride to be listed @ 2.2 w/kg - a 0.5 spread often drops a weaker bunch and encourages a faster group. One number is easier to control and that's my go-to Recovery Pace.

• Options

Perfect @Al Truscott. I will likely be there most Saturday's you are not. I have a dive trip over the Christmas break but otherwise am mostly around and happy to ride! Any start time works, but I like the early idea as it may be more likely to bring East Coat and Midwest riders. Early risers can get warmed up with the Hang On Ride! Ouch!

• Options

Carol and I plan on being in for most weeks. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    edited November 11, 2018 12:58PM

@Sid Wavrin Which OS are you? I believe @Sheila Leard is in NovOS. I will be Jan. It occurs to me that if @Coach Patrick is able to set these rides up as “group wkos,” the wkos between OSs will differ greatly. Doing them as “group rides” would allow people to adjust effort and length, but it would be hard to keep people together (my experience on Zwift is that every ride that isn’t a group wko, where the software keeps avatars together regardless of effort, becomes a race). Last season, I would load the ABP wko and just select “ride with”. I’d stick with you guys the best I could and still do the wko. I’m not sure what the best way to do the Saturday ABP ride will be, if we’re offering it up as a public ride.

• Options

@Alicia Chase , @@Sid Wavrin @Coach Patrick

I'm suppose to be in the NovOS. I'm off to an inconsistent start ... but... the I agree with you Alicia, the only way we can stay together is to make it a GROUP WKO. Last season the Saturday ABP got spread out after the warm up. Often was alone unless someone was on there riding my w/kg.

The real challenge in setting up an EN Group ABP ride and staying together . Just like if a group rode outside . we're not going to be with each other for the entire ride. How can we do this on ZWIFT?

• Options

Good point @Alicia Chase. I am in November OS. I think either way may work. If we can get enough people together it seems like even if we don't use WKO mode WKO mode we can start together and then small groups form based on how fast we ride. As @Al Truscott mentioned we could also create a WKO of about 2.5 hours with the intervals built in and it would match much the outseason bike focus plan no matter where you were within that. No matter what we will all get on Zwift, connect Discord and ride hard!

• Options

UPDATE...we are 99% of the way there to having Cruise and Crush SAT (7am PST) and SUN (7:50am EST) becoming official Zwift events...so stand by. Want to confirm with @Sid Wavrin And @Al Truscott That the Friday Detox ride described below is okay....

• 10:00am EST / 7:00am PST-- Friday Detox Ride
    • Leaders: Al Truscott, Sid Wavrin
    • Jersey: Basic 5
    • Description: Up to 1 hour recovery ride 2.2 W/kg. Get on Discord (App, EN Channel) and Chat it Up with the Leader!
    • Worlds & Courses:
    • Watopia = Flat Forward, meet at Start banner.
    • London = Greater London Flat, meet at Start banner.
    • New York = Park Perimeter, meet at Start banner.
    • Innsbruck = Innsbruck Ring, meet at Start banner.
    • Richmond = Hell No, Take A Day OFF Richmond is AWFUL

• Options
    edited November 30, 2018 6:48PM

@Coach Patrick The Friday ride looks good to me if @Al Truscott thinks it's okay. It looks like this a an "EN meet at the banner" (not public) ride correct? Also I am not seeing the Saturday ride in the Zwift public events. If it ends up there, is there a beacon? How does that work? I am a little concerned with only two of us as ride leaders that we may have gaps. I can cover a lot of these, but not all and Al is Colorado some in the winter. Any substitutes out there?

• Options

Thanks to all of your for helping on this...no small feat, I know. No one ever said leading was easy!!!!!! 🤣