Homeโ€บ Coaching Forum ๐Ÿงข
Options

Jennifer Eckert 2019 Official Coach Thread

2ยป

Comments

• Options

@Jennifer Eckert - thank you so much for joining us on the Townhall! Super fun, and of course I'm always happy to help out. I saw your virtual race and I was super proud of you. Not easy to do on your own; I had to trick 40 people to do ultra with me. ๐Ÿคฃ

I appreciate your long-term perspective. That's exactly where my head is at right now as well. We want to keep you rolling progressively towards a long-term goal that makes sense. If that is Iron Man in the future, fantastic. Ultimately will be one overweight is sustained periods of time away from Training. Intermittent breaks are OK but extended breaks quickly become obstacles.

So I would suggest our bike focus plan for June. It's 6 weeks, but you can do this first four (and delete the last two). This program is easy to add running on top of as you want, and ultimately we just won't run consistency right now. You will be building volume again heading into the mountain run. That work will complement the volume you already had the season for Santa Rosa. So right now we just need consistency. Maybe for 30 minute runs per week. Every 10 days you can do a longer run closer to an hour.

Let me know If you need help with this...tell me using the Chat Widget on any Members page.

~ Patrick

• Options
    Thanks,
    So drop in the 6 week (4); bike focus and load up the trail run (vertical) like on 7/12 for a 9/6 race date (hopefully)??
    Nice to see you getting outside for some work outs!!

Thanks again, Jenn Eckert

Sent from my iPhone
  • Options

@Jennifer Eckert - yes that's perfect!!! And thanks for the note. I forgot how much fun it is to be outside. Sometimes my type a personality keeps me inside for the distich sick, but I think of the effect of the quarantine on my mind is making me consider the outside more and more. And you can't beat the sun!

#TeamVitaminD

~ Coach P