Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2019 IM Lake Placid Kick Off Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

@scott dinhofer that helps. I was thinking it would be the walk of shame with like 10 people in their wetsuits and arm floaties in the very back of the line. I feel much better :).

• Options

water Temp Update, after yesterday's heat wave, the temp dropped 2 degrees in the last 24 hours with the current air temp at 60. Monday - Sat is going to bring classic ADK conditions. Warm days with solar radiation at less than 100% due to some cloud cover, along with dry conditions. Few days with temps over 75 and nights with temps in the mid to upper 40s.. .I am willing to bet we see a midweek lake temp of around 73-74 or lower at wake up time. I am a weather guy, never really looked at water temps as much as I am looking at this... else, my walk of shame is going to be walking behind you from the lake to T1

• Options

@scott dinhofer my water was 82 in the sun on Sunday, 79 this am. Bad news is Mirror lake is usually warmer since it’s so shallow. Good news is this weeks classic LP forecast of overnight lows in 40’s/50’s, IT WILL be wetsuit legal guaranteed 😀. Btw how many racing?

• Options

@scott dinhofer @tim cronk thanks so much for the info and comments on water temps. I'm always impressed with the information sharing on these forums. I was hoping to be in by Thursday late afternoon to make the team dinner so I could meet some of you! Unfortunately we will probably not arrive until later Thursday night. I hope to meet some of you while there. Is anything else going on with the team on Friday? Of course I'll be sporting my EN gear... so hope to meet you guys!

• Options

@scott dinhofer what time is the team swim Friday? Are these things listed somewhere on the site? How about the 4 keys talk? Thanks!

• Options

@Robert Patrick here is the link to the 4 Keys talk. 10am Friday.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-four-keys-of-lake-placid-2019-tickets-61587134778?aff=mailchimp

I will be arriving Thursday evening and also not likely to make the team dinner, but hoping to meet team members Friday morning and/or throughout the weekend. Travel safe everyone!

• Options

Anyone got any creative ideas on what to do with my bike pump after morning transition prep? I’d like to avoid having my wife come down at 430 to get my pump. :)

• Options

@Robert Patrick - don't bring it, there are plenty floating around and you can easily borrow one from someone nearby