Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2019 IMMT Kick Off Thread

Welcome to your official 2019 race thread! This will be home for you and your fellow teammates who are competing (and have competed) to train, learn and share with one another.

You’ll find lots of historical information here in this forum, and you can search above or use the main forum page. But it’s just as important to add your information from this year -- your workouts, volume weekends, race plans, highs and lows...it’s all here.

Race Captain - We Need One

Ideally your event has a race captain to lead by sharing their training and generally being a really awesome, supportive person online. If you have one, their name is ^above^ … If not, you can request to become the Race Captain via email here (just remember to tell us the race you want to lead). You’ll get a free month of EN membership and some other cool stuff as our way of saying thanks.

We have a basic schedule to support the Race Captain, you can view it here  and it’s not a ton of work. Even if you don’t have a race captain, you can all use that schedule to make sure You are connecting around the critical parts of your season.

Looking for Your Fellow Racers?

Sometimes the hardest part of getting the community around a race started is finding your fellow racers! You can do that via our Race Database (online here, password is WORKWORKS) where you can search by race name such as “Placid,” etc. Once you have a list of names, you can use the “@” sign to tag them here in this thread (so they are notified) or you can send them a private message via the Forums as well.

GroupMe Chat

If you are looking for your Race GroupMe, you can search our official GroupMe page online here. Can’t find the GroupMe because There isn’t one for your race? You can request we make one for you via email here.

Have Questions or Need Help?

No worries, we’re here to help! You can send us an email right here so we can help you out. Please be sure to reference your race forum and give as much detail as possible.

~ Brenda

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@John Bayone - here is the thread.

• Options

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe this thread exists! I've been waiting to hear about one & I should've looked for it. Glad I stumbled across it!! This will (most likely*) be my first 140.6 and I am very excited to share it with you all.

@John Bayone @Brent Pilon @Bill Bejin I can't tag @Steve Cogger for some reason.

*"most likely" - broke my hand & wont be able to resume swimming till 11-13 weeks from IMMT. Just asked coach if I should be concerned enough to look into transferring to a different race. I expect he'll say to stay the course, but any input is appreciated! (relevant BG: prior to accident on 4/13, I had swam ~62,200 yard this year of almost entirely drills to work on swim form (an out season to swim faux pas, I know. 🙃))

Thanks @Brenda Ross !!

• Options

@Larry Peters I am no expert, especially when it comes to swimming. However, there is still plenty of time there to get your swim together. Stay positive and listen to Coach Patrick, and you will be ready to go.

• Options

@Larry Peters, not sure why you couldn't tag me, but thanks for including me anyways. Hope the hand heals up well. In my opinion, if you already got in all those drills this years and are able to put in 11+ weeks of swimming pre race, I think you will be fine. For perspective, I have only been in the pool 3 times this year so far. Planning on changing that within the next few weeks. We just don't have good swim options near me in the winter.

• Options

Thanks @Stephen Cogger and @John Bayone ! (I was using "steve," oops!). Coach already got back to me & agreed with you guys. :) So full steam ahead for IMMT 2019!!

• Options

@Stephen Cogger , @John Bayone , @Bill Bejin @Brent Pilon , I found a Tri club renting a house & doing a camp weekend on IMMT course 7/18 weekend. They said I could do it. They are getting head count now. @Coach Patrick knows Colin Cook who is running the camp & had good things to say. If you are interested, you should reach out them (and let me know!). Would be cool to have another EN member there!

Sounds pretty economical too!

Here are more details on camp weekend.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/192olTBIE8x8jLWt7kmJ2gw5aqYln7W_kuEYY4ekvpm8/edit

• Options

@Larry Peters Thanks. I'm interested and will take a look into this over the weekend. I went to the IMLP camp and it was fantastic. I really enjoy getting on the course before the race. Takes some of the mystery out of it.

As soon as I get my 50 mile run (6/1) done, I will be getting serious about the bike and the swim.

• Options

Awesome @Bill Bejin ! I sent in my deposit & I know he is going to try and get final headcount soon.

Good luck with 50 mile run!! and BTW, did you break 90 min in 13.1 last year, or is that a goal for this year? That's fast!!!

• Options

Hey IMMT crew! I'm sure you heard about the Ironman switch to having base products for on course nutrition (in addition to Gu Roctane Gels, I believe).

How many of you have tried base hydration products? How many of you race 140.6 with on course nutrition & how many of you bring your own on the bike? Its my first and I'm hoping to use mostly on course nutrition, but I have yet to try the base products. My stomach is typically pretty hardy.

I emailed IMMT & they said they are working on having Gatorade on course as another option, so I wanted to share that.

Thanks!

• Options

Hey Larry,

I only just noticed that this week on the race website, and have never tried their product. The only other races I did i used my own powerbar gels which they do not even make anymore and they had the old Perform that to me tasted awful so it would be nice to try something new. In the last year I have used the honey stinger brand gels and the clif gels and have no problem with them. I would really prefer to use the on course nutrition stuff for IMMT so thanks for the reminder to order some and I will try it out over the next month to see.

let me know when you have had a chance to try it and what you think of it.

Have a a great day!!

• Options

I have just started using the base performance powder. Light flavor so it's not offensive to me. Seems like it will be fine. I will continue to train with it and see how it holds up for some longer / higher intensity workouts.

Only used it on the run so far.

• Options

Thanks @Bill Bejin and @John Bayone ! Have you guys found anywhere to get a discount (or good price) on base products?

• Options

@Larry Peters a couple friends of mine are on the base team and shared this code for 20% off at the base website. FFBASE19

I’m planning on ordering some this weekend to start training with it. I’ve been a fan of base salts for years now.

• Options

@Stephen Cogger Thank you for passing along that discount code. Will be interesting to hear feedback on this product.

• Options

Thanks a ton for the discount code @Stephen Cogger ! I just ordered 2 flavors to try with the code.

• Options

@Bill Bejin , Have you decided about that IMMT camp? Not sure if they are still accepting entries now.

• Options

Team IMMT 2019!! @Stephen Cogger , @Bill Bejin , @John Bayone and @Brent Pilon

It is time to start race preparations! We are 12 weeks (week 9/20 in 20 week plan) out from the race, and we have a little administrative work before we go nuts with the training.

You will only receive THREE official race captain forum posts/emails during your training...And this is the first one!!!

Use the GroupMe App to check in daily/weekly with your fellow athletes. From time to time we will post messages in the GroupMe to keep you on track. Remember to follow your Roadmap, Training Plan and all you and Coach have put together. 

So let’s dive into the Admin details! 

Admin:

GroupMe Admin: 

• Download the GroupMe App: iTunes Link  Google Play Store 
    • Find and Join Your Race Group Chat Online Here
    • Keep in mind times you are messaging - we recommend nothing before 6am and nothing after 10pm 
    • The Mute Button is your friend! You can either use “Office Hours” to mute it during the daytime only, or you can manually mute as you see fit. 
    • Jump in and out of the conversation when it is convenient for you! 

Training Admin: 

• Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics 
    • Tune up your bike 
    • Make sure all trainers, Zwifts etc are working and you’ve tested before. 
    • Order your Endurance Nation racing and training gear 
    • Watch all the videos - podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website (They are located on the right side of the training page)
    • Check out our sponsors to see if there is anything you need! 
    • Nutrition - Make sure to review race and training fueling webinars NOW because you need to be practicing every single day from now on! 
    • Order the first batch of your nutrition so you can start off practicing with a bang.
    • Race Execution Pages and Checklists are here, make sure to review them

Feel free to ask your teammates questions and make some friends along the way. 

The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!

• Options

How is training going?

I tried Base hydration this week (strawberry kiwi) and really like it. I sat well in my stomach & was light. High sodium too.

I strained my hamstring a couple weeks ago, so just finished about 2 weeks in run jail. But I had a good run Friday and a good run today & legs are feeling good.

I'm going to be going a bit easy this week and then hopefully crushing myself next week at EN Al T'tude camp in Snowmass CO. Get ready to spike that ATL & drop that TSB!!

I broke my hand in April, so I've been restricted to indoor riding till 6/3. Can't wait to get out on the roads. Also no swimming till 6/3, so I'll be trying to rebuild swim fitness in a hurry.

Fire up!

• Options

Hey @Larry Peters Thanks for kicking this thread and getting things moving along. I will look at the Base Hydration stuff this week, thanks for the tip.

Sorry to hear about your hand, I am sure that you have plenty to time to work on your swim fitness after having to take a break and let that heal up.

I am currently planning on going to IMLP in late July for a weekend of training, volunteering and spectating so I am sure I will see a few of those who are racing in Tremblant there that weekend.

Have a great week everyone.

• Options

@John Bayone Steve, me and Cheryl are doing Tinman on the 29th of June. You should join us. We are then hitting the tall tree tour on Sunday and maybe going into Lake Placid.

• Options

Good Morning everyone!

So how is your training going?

So far so good here, just happy the weather has improved in NJ and enjoying some of the long rides on the weekend. I see that this Saturday has a long ride of 5 to 7 hours, so good luck!!!

Hope all is well.

• Options

Haven't been on the bike since April 22. Ran a 50 mile race on 6/1. Now I need to get in the pool and start riding. Run fitness is in place.

Not nervous yet.

• Options

Hey IMMT crew! Good to hear from you all! I strained my hamstring in early May and was having some niggles in my knees from muscle imbalances (so I was kinda nervous). So I ran very little in the month of May. But I seem to have mostly worked those out, so I'm feeling better. Still need some more PT on my hamstring, but they seem solid enough to run. I got some good long rides in last week at Al camp last week, and ran/hiked ~28 miles up and down mountains in Snowmass CO during ~24 hours of Ulta Ragnar, so happy the body held up for that. With the help of some EN studs, I did a 211 mile ride around CO last week. In CO I also got to ride with an EMJ young stud who is racing IMMT for like the 6th time this year too.

I started swimming last Sunday after getting clearance from my surgeon (broke hand in mid april). Long way to go there, but it sounds like @Bill Bejin and I are in the same boat :).

I'm going easy on the bike this weekend & then head to VT on Monday for a few big rides at Hoff camp. Hopefully some OWS and trail runs too :).

I've got lots of time on the road bike, but need to get more hours in the aero bars now.

Awesome work on your lighthouse ultra @Bill Bejin

Keep up the great work everyone!

• Options

Hey,

it is great to hear that everyone is being patient as we still have a lot of time. In the last couple of weeks I am finally starting to feel normal again after doing a lot of PT to get over some lingering pain in my hip flexor, and as usual as soon as I got it all good on one side it started up on the other side....hahahaha.

However, that is now mostly behind me and I am happy to just be following the plan as best I can. Just doing all I can to do the most important thing, which is to just stay healthy and enjoy it as much as possible.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy that BIG long ride!!

• Options

So, there I was, trying to mind my own business on my bike ride of Friday. Only the second ride. Not looking for anything special. Just some time in the saddle. It was a very nice day so, added some time on. Almost home. In the bike lane. Guy turns out onto the road in front of me and immediately turns right into the gas station. Only problem was, I was there by then. Locked up the brakes and BAM! right into the side of his truck. Good news - No broken bones, bike seems to be unharmed. Bad news - 4 stiches in my chin, a broken tooth and multiple scrapes and chunks of missing skin. This postpones swimming for another week. I'm getting a new helmet and will be riding in the basement for a few more days.

I'm very grateful that this wasn't worse. Today, I'm feeling run down and very tired. Not as sore as I thought I would be.

Be safe out there

!

• Options

Wow, @Bill Bejin Very sorry to hear about the bike accident and hope that you are ok. Please be careful out there. I know that you were not the only one this weekend with a bike mishap this weekend, and hopefully there will not be any more.

Have a good week, and hope you are feeling better soon.

• Options

Wow @Bill Bejin , so sorry to hear this!! I’m glad to hear it was not worse, and I hope you heal quickly! Definitely sending you some healing mojo.

• Options

@Bill Bejin - similar situation with me on the weekend. Coming out the park after riding 5hr10minutes of hills. Coming down a hill. Water bottle pops out and I lock my break = header. Hit my head, shoulder, elbow and knee. Shake that off and continue along and then same thing as you, car turns into me but I was able to avoid by millimeter and thankfully Cheryl heard me scream or he would have been you. No concussion, new bike is okay and so am I albeit a bit sore.

• Options

Geese oh peets @Brenda Ross , sorry to hear that!! Glad you weren't hurt worse. Good luck with shaking that off.