Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Go Aono Coaching Thread [ CoachEN]

13»

Comments

• Options

@GO AONO - thank you for submitting your regular checking to me! It's always good to see your assessment of the work being completed. David is helpful but it's never the full picture.

As a reminder, GO AONO Is on the CoachEN (1:1 Coaching, aka All The Things) and is following the Bike Focus Block, 2019 (6wks).His Rankings are as follows:

• Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 1
    • Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Run Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Body Comp vs Last Month: 1Next month's focus: bike
    • Extra help request: What kind of practice should I do when I ride bike outside?

The status of your season is still dedicated to bike strength. As you head outside, you will definitely have more time to train. We want to take it vantage of that without compromising the good work that you were doing right now. The best way to make sure that happens is to add some Endurance work to the Tempo (ABP) that you'll be doing on the weekends.

Three weekends - follow the workout is written and then add any additional time you want at the end in zone one to zone two very steady. You should be able to easily have a conversation at this time.

One weekend - pick one of these weekends, which ever one is best, and do a long endurance ride. This is a steady a fun ride that should not be hard for my wife's perspective. We were just riding 4 to 6 hours in zone one zone two. Feel free to be in the aero bars, but keep it easy and light. Note on this weekend you can take the next day off...

~ Coach P

• Options

@GO AONO I got your Check-In update, and have pasted it below. This is part of our monthly process to stay connected, so thanks for filling it out!

My apologies, but I didn't hit submit when I replied to you, so this is a bit late.

Tapering to a 70.3 is as much art as it is science. The next 9 days are where the taper really happens. We want you to stay consistent, but we also don't want you to work too hard. Only you know the difference between the two. What we're trying to avoid is more than 24 hours completely off from exercise unless it's the last day or two leading up to the race.

In the meantime, your job is to make sure you have an excellent race plan in place.

You can read up on our race guidance here: http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=Race+Execution%2c+Half+Ironman

Based on your training this year and your performances in the past, I am looking for a really steady bike with a very strong last hour. The goal is to then exit the bike and have a really solid run. Our goal here is to build your effort across the run, as the first three miles will feel pretty easy.

We divide the run mentally into 3 miles / 7 miles / 3 miles. So 3 to settle in, 7 really steady and 3 pushing to the end. During the first three miles, we are focused on keeping your HR close to your Bike Average HR and using the aid stations to get fluids and stay cool. You will only be able to eat a little bit in the "7" section, but you need to keep drinking. Last 3 miles is just doing what it takes to get done.

I want to, you can write up a race plan and submit it to me here in the forums. I will be happy to take a look at it and give you some advice.

I am standing by to help!

CoachEN (1:1 Coaching, aka All The Things) and is following the EN Full Bike Focused, 12wks.

Rankings are as follows:

- Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 3

- Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Run Fitness vs Last Month: 2

- Body Comp vs Last Month: 1

Next month's focus: Bike

Extra help request: I will participate in Half IronMan on October 18.

Can you tell me what to watch out for during the race and how to spend the rest of the time?

• Options

This season ended all too soon.

There was a big accident by another player at Centrair, so it was cancelled.

And for me, the bike ran 45 kilometers, and the log says,

Swimming took an unbelievable amount of time because the tide was so strong.

What should I do with the training plan from November?

Now, thanks to you, the ability of bike has increased dramatically, and I will continue to dobike well in the future.

I would be happy if you could give me more advice.

• Options

The triathlon schedule for next year has not been decided yet.

It seems difficult to go abroad next year too.

The Japanese competition has not been decided yet.

How should I make a schedule?

• Options

@GO AONO - I understand. The uncertainty is too strong here, and we need to figure out a way around. I recommend choosing the "Start Now" or "Maintain Now". So that would would be the November OutSeason® or the Run Durability Program.

Start Now means you are relatively rested and are ready to train. You will exit mid-February to continue on with your training, and we will figure that out in the future.

Maintain Now means we continue with our run focus, building resiliency and critical baseline fitness (some add strength and flexibility work here) towards a January OutSeason® start.

Do you have a preference? You can start now by loading the 2021 OS from Final Surge into your calendar...or we can continue with our Run Durability program....

~ Coach Patrick

• Options

Patrick

I want to start out season plan.

please lading the 2021 OS plan into final surge.

Go Aono

• Options

@GO AONO -- thank you for the note on your choice of the L season training plan. I have loaded it into your account. I know that improving the bike is a big part of your goals for this season.

Now that you have had two lighter weeks on the bike, it's time to get back into the work phase. I believe you can do Level Two workouts on the bike but it might be a bit challenging at the start (turning back on is challenging).

Please keep me posted!

~ Coach P