Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

UltraMay Challenge is Here - Register Early and Often for Swag!

2ยป

Comments

• Options

My awesome wife has given me a present for next weekend...... 12 new headbands, in EN red ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• Options

Team, I have sent you invites to the UltraMay FB group via email...please read it all. Hopefully we can have more conversations over that as almost 50% of the folks are NON-EN ers...

Initially I thought more people will be riding together online, but from the diversity of schedules that have been developed it's clear that athletes will be all over the place. One option to organize us is to pick a world/route for each time block. For example, For Time Block 1, if the world is Watopia we could say Volcano Flat Forward. And for Time Block 2 we could say Innsbruck the only one that's not long, etc.

That way we'd be in the same route of the same world and could look out / find each other vs just Ride With (that requires following)?

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick a few of us at CnC agreed today to follow @Vincent Sivirine schedule. We were planning on starting at 8:00 eastern time on Tempus Fugit and go from there.

• Options

@Brian Hagan - I would probably join that as well, but I might suggest a few tweaks to @Vincent Sivirine to allow more sleep during normal sleeping hours, this would screw up his pairings though

it would also put the run ahead of the bike per @Coach Patrick suggestion to do so.

thus it would look like this - First line being Vincent's plan, second line being mine w The Patrick Run/Bike Pariings

• Options

Still voting for and doing the bike per the listed initial bike times.

• Options

Still sticking with "IM style" challenge, but now using visualization per @Vincent Sivirine ...

• Options

OH, man.... I'm not sure this was a good idea or not, but I just signed up.

• Options

WooHoo! Welcome to the wackiness @Sabra Gonzalez !!!

• Options

@robin sarner which original bike times are you speaking of?

I recommend we hijack @Coach Patrick โ€™s Townhall meeting on Wednesday evening and see if we can get alignment.

I agree, I want to share this stupidity with as many of you as possible.

• Options

Alignment will be hard...I didn't want to be rigid with the planning as we have folks from Japan to the UK playing along. I don't want to force anyone into anything....but we can talk at Town Hall for sure or maybe I do Facebook Live in le UltraMay Group?

Anyway, latest blog on making sure you do the logistics right is now available for you maniacs to read up on: https://www.endurancenation.us/ultra/six-critical-ultra-endurance-hacks-for-your-next-challenge/

• Options
    edited May 26, 2020 12:57AM

@Brian Hagan The times coach gives on the information page for this event.

i am going to do my bikes at those times. And the runs right after the bikes.

FRIDAY MAY 29TH (ALL TIMES EDT)

8:00pm Kick Off Bike Ride on Zwift

SATURDAY MAY 30TH (ALL TIMES EDT)

12:00 am Run | 04:00 am Bike on Zwift | 08:00 am Run Inside or Out | 12:00 pm Bike on Zwift | 04:00 pm Run | 08:00 pm Bike on Zwift

SUNDAY MAY 31ST (ALL TIMES EDT)

12:00 am Run Inside or Out | 4:00 am Bike on Zwift | 08:00 am Run Inside or Out | 12:00 pm Bike on Zwift | 04:00 pm Final Runย 

SUNDAY MAY 31ST (ALL TIMES EDT)

ย 08:00 pm Zoom AfterPartyย 

but right @Coach Patrick

Will be hard to align with time zones, jobs, etc.

• Options

Just signed up, too. Iโ€™ll likely have to modify the schedule some due to a family thing on Sunday, but hoping to play along Friday & Saturday. Will post some sort of plan once I get the timing for Sunday figured out. Should be fun (and crazy!)

• Options

Going with this plan as it suits me/my time zones best... again using visualization per @Vincent Sivirine

• Options

Let's get some of this planning into the Facebook Group folks so that others not on the Team can see!!!

• Options

I am in. Ive been known to make bad decisions and this is probably one of them but what the hell...

Thanks @Jorge Duque for creating a nice PST schedule. I am not on zwift (lame I know) so I will be doing a combination of indoor and outdoor hour long rides. Hopefully I'll get discord up and running and get to hear all the huffers and puffers...

• Options

for those of you following the @Coach Patrick plan, I know @Brian Hagan mentioned it on the groupme

here it is in visualized form

you can view this as a google sheet, copy to your own and edit, or print here:

• Options

aight ... me likey above ... but still starting swim at 8pm ... sooo much Zwift and Discord love! #soconforming!