Phone Number  9051892232

Shirt Size L

Your Facebook Profile URL http://www.facebook.com/aono.go5

Age Group, Height and Weight - M40-44 175cm 69kg

140.6 Best Time in Last Five Years - 11:07 2019 IM Malasia

Oly Best Time in Last Five Years - 2:23:40 2017 local race

Your Strongest Discipline - Bike

Your Weakest Discipline - Run

Your Weakest Discipline: Tell Us More...

The full marathon runs in three hours and three minutes, while Iron Man runs in four hours and 13  minutes. I know the pace is bad, but what should I be careful about? What kind of daily practice should I do for the run?  How to practice to make the bike stronger. How to Analyze the Bicycle and running data

Your Injury / Difficulty History - Two and half years ago, fracture of clavicle caused by falling bike

Top Three Lessons Learned in your triathlon career.

1. I can be strong even when I am old.
  2. A progressive pleasure
  3. Control of body weight

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Ironman 70.3 Taiwan (2020-03-16) #70.3Taiwan_20
  • Ironman Subic Bay Philippines (2020-06-07) #IMSubicBayPhilippines_20   

Your Notes

2018 ironman malaysia 11:10 swim 73 bike 5:47 run 4:7

2019 ironman malaysia 11:7 swim:72 bike:5:32 run4:10running about 180km a manth swim about 30 km a manth bike in door trainig mainly three times a week. I ride a bike outside about three times .

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on 02/26/2020

• On 10/28/2019 Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 11/24/2019
  • On 11/25/2019 Load the  -- OutSeason for Triathletes (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 3/1/2020</p>
  • Transition Early
  •  On 1/27/2020 Load the  -- EN Half Bike Focused Plan to end on 3/22/2020
  • **Transition Early** ‼️Due to Schedule Change ‼️
  • On 3/2/2020 load the Full Prep Plan to end on 3/15/2020
  • On 3/16/2020 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 3/29/2020
  • On 3/30/2020 Load the    EN Full Bike Focused  to end on 6/7/2020
  •  On 6/8/2020  Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 7/5/2020

Training Plan Support in Your First Month

You can connect with @matt limbert as needed in your first month to get dialed in with your training plans and data. You can set up a call with him online here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 and he'll be on this thread shortly!

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider this season a success?
  • What's your biggest limiter right now?

Start Learning

Every month we hold live events as part of our commitment to make you just as smart as you are fit. Feel free to visit our Coach Lesson page and our Office Hours page to find the next opportunity to connect with Coach Patrick and your Teammates.

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Training Plan Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!
  • General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the General Discussion Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?
  • Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.
  • Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the General Discussion Forum and set the title or tags for that topic. Race questions to the Racing Forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Comments

• Go, Endurance Nationへようこそ。

Congratulations on your race at Ironman Malaysia! You have the entire month of November to recover. Coach Patrick has set you up with our Post Ironman recovery program. This program can give you some structure as you return to regular training.

I'm want to make your transition to Endurance Nation as easy and simple as possible. I will show you how to get the most out of your workouts, Final Surge, and learn more about how the team can help you get to your race goals.

First thing! Power user tip! Subscribe to this Coach Thread and get an email when we respond. Your Coach Thread is the best way to get a hold of us, it documents all of your training and it helps to keep the communication moving. Click on the red star and check box just to the right of your thread title. This way you will get an email when we respond in your Coach thread. See 8 sec video here to set it up: 

Next, get setup in Final Surge. Coach Patrick has just made your season plan in Final Surge. Now, you can sync your Garmin or Strava and upload your workout data. Chose one, otherwise you will get double workouts recorded in Final Surge. (Note: Chose Strava if you ride on Zwift.)

In Final Surge: Workouts -> Garmin / Device Upload

To get the most out your training - you will need to see your workout data and your comments on how you felt during the workout. Together, they give you (and us) the complete picture of your training. We definitely want to see those hours, miles, power readings and heart rate data - but we also want to know how you felt, mood, how mentally easy or hard the workout was, what you ate and drank on those long rides. This helps dial in your fueling and hydration for long races and is a good reminder for what you want to work on during your next similar workout. This takes your Final Surge account from just workout data to a full on training log - where you see your progression and become a smarter athlete.

Consider downloading the Final Surge App. This makes it way easier to add comments about how you felt, ate, weather etc (for the bike) and sets, paces etc (for the swim). Those are all super helpful to you as you track your progress, prepare and plan your for your race.

It's super easy to make comments about your workout. Click on the "pencil" icon to tap "how I felt" or "perceived effort." You can add a few notes about what you ate/drank (helps to figure out what works best for you on the bike), how you felt mentally, the weather or any aches etc. Those comments are really handy when you are comparing workouts, tailoring your own training, evaluating progress and planning for your ride. It also makes it easy to look at and plan for your upcoming workouts. Just a quick not goes a long way.

Final Surge | Mobile Apps

https://www.finalsurge.com/apps

Customize your workouts Final Surge

After your Post Ironman recovery block, you will do some run and bike tests. You can use that test data to customize your workouts to your individual zones. Once you customize them, the workouts will say 20' @ (135-145 heart rate) vs. 20' @ Zone 2.

Here is how you update your training plan with integrated and customized zones (there is a video here too):

https://www.endurancenation.us/help/final-surge-how-to-update-your-integrated-training-zones/

Your new Friends are waiting for you.

Join are Endurance Nation Facebook Group in Japan and connect with your fellow athletes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/enjapan/

My goal is to make your first month of Endurance Nation as simple and as awesome as possible! For any questions you have getting started - chat with me here in this forum or schedule another call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

Please let me know what other times might work for you and we will schedule it.

Matt

Training Plan Coordinator

• Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider this season a success?

only my goal is to get qualification to KONA.

• What's your biggest limiter right now? running time after bike ride. I run a marathon in three hours. But it takes over four hours after bike ride.

Go

• I have a few question.

①I think the amount of this month is small. Should I practice additionally or do as planed?

May I add swimming?

②I want to add scheduled race.  Can I challenge IM Malaysia after participating IM SubicBayPhilippines.

I am waiting for your reply.

• Go,

This amount of practice this month is small on purpose. This is your time to fully recover from your last race. It is very important. It is only a few weeks. You will start building intensity 25 Nov with your OutSeason block. This block has 3x bikes + hill run + long run. We need you rested before we start this block. There are a few swims built into the next few weeks. Swimming is a great practice option during your recovery block.

Here is a video by Coach Patrick. He talks about the importance of a bit of recovery time between training builds: http://members.endurancenation.us/Learning/CoachLessons/PersonalizingYourRaceRecovery[July2019].aspx

You can add swimming to the OutSeason block (starting 25 Nov) - but the bike and run practices have priority. Hitting the bike and run targets is the focus of this training block. If the swims add too much fatigue and hurts your performance of the bike and run practics - that is the sign to back off the swims. Most of our athletes find that an easy swim is okay once or twice a week as long as it does not impact the performance of other workouts. At the end of January you will start swimming again.

Yes, you can add another race to your schedule. We will wait on a training plan. We want to see how you respond to the current Season Roadmap before we plan past IM Philippines. Add IM Malaysia to our race database here: http://bit.ly/yourraces. After 70.3 Taiwan and IM Philippines you can contact Coach Patrick here (in your Coach Thread) and he will talk about your past training, your races and plan out the rest of your training for IM Malaysia.

What do you think?

• question for running

1:I think the pace of running is slow and time is short.

What dose it mean to do at this pace and time.

2; I would like to participate in the practice session of the interval running on Tuesday or wednesday once a week. Can I particepate additionally?

I am planning to play ironman Taiwan 70.3, but I am busy on this day. I want to change my plan.

I want to participate in ironman Philippins DAVA .

Could you change my plan?

• @GO AONO It is good to hear that you feel that the run pace is slow and time short. That is a good sign that you are recovering from your race. Please be patient for 1 more week. It is important to fully recover before we start hard training again.

Your next training phase will begin Nov 25. The next phase will have harder workouts - especially the bike. That will be our focus.

Wednesday would be a good day for your interval session. You can replace the scheduled hill running for a practice session of interval running. Please be careful. Mind your effort during the intervals. We want your best efforts on the bike interval days (Tues and Thurs). Thurs will also have a hard bike and a run. Tues and Thurs are the focus. If the intervals on Wed, hurt your performance on Thurs. then you should back off the intervals and save the effort for Thurs. Once you complete 2 or 3 weeks we will have a better understanding how you are responding to your practice sessions.

I want to clarify your race schedule. Do you want Ironman Philippines as your only race?

• @GO AONO I saw your chat and your new season of races:

Your plan this season(new)]

ironman 70.3 Davao Philippines March 22

ironman Subic Bay Philipines June 7

Ironman Malaysia. To Be Determined - expected late Oct

I will make those changes today.

• @GO AONO Thank you for your patience.

Your new season roadmap is loaded into Final Surge, except for the last training block. The last training block with will our EN Full Run Focused plan, but we need to get the race date for IM Malaysia before we can load the plan.

>> Last updated by Training Plan Coordinator on November 19, 2019

• On 10/28/2019 Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 11/24/2019
    • On 11/25/2019 Load the  -- OutSeason for Triathletes (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 3/1/2020</p>
    • Transition Early
    •  On 1/27/2020 Load the  -- EN Half Bike Focused Plan to end on 3/22/2020
    • On 3/23/2020 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 4/5/2020
    • On 4/6/2020 Load the    EN Full Bike Focused  to end on 6/7/2020
    •  On 6/8/2020  Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 7/5/2020
    • On 7/6/2020 Load the EN Full Run Focused to end on ?????

• I applied for an upgrade yesterday.

I haven't heard from you yet. Can I wait?

GO AONO

• I contacted you a few days ago, but I haven't heard back from Coach Patric .

Should I wait?

Or should I write some questions here?

• Additional Information from your upgrade form is posted below...

1. Yes all your questions can go in here.
    2. I would like to get your Strava links so I can see your bike and run data from Malaysa. Can you please provide those links to me? They would look like this: https://www.strava.com/activities/2889546453
    3. Picture feedback from IM Malaysia in next post!

Top Three Areas For your Focus

#1 the IM Run: The full marathon runs in three hours and three minutes, while Iron Man runs in four hours and 13 minutes. I know the pace is bad, but what should I be careful about? What kind of daily practice should I do for the run?

#2 the Bike: How to practice to make the bike stronger

#3 Analysis Help: How to Analyze the Bicycle and running data

Historical Racing Data

• Your bike fit looks really good. My suggestions:

• You need to ride more with your head down, looking up when you need to check.
    • We need to shorten the straw for drinking so you can put your head down, this means you will drink in aerobars but not sitting up.
    • A disc wheel in the back is faster, if you can afford one or rent one. But not required.

Bike Questions:

• what size is your front chain ring and rear cassette? Are you 52/36 and 11/28?

Run Notes:

I like your running form. High hands / short arm swing is good. Your legs run in a straight line, also good.

Challenges to work on:

• You are heel striking in front of you
    • Your stride length is really really short. To run faster, we need to lift the knee higher. In that picture ^above^  your right knee (of foot about to land) is at the TOP. As you can see from your shorts, it is almost at the same height as the leg that is on the ground. 😱 To get you faster we need you to run more like a runner. See my picture below. My knee is only a few inches higher than your knee, but a few inches every step for 26 miles...it adds up! It also makes sure that I will not heel strike.

• Hi Patrick

Thank you very much for your careful guidance.

I'm sorry to bother you.

This is bike and run data from Malaysia.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2882060457

https://www.strava.com/activities/2882060933

Is this menu enough for practice?

Do I need to add something to my free time?

Tuesdays and Thursdays are bike practice days, but can I move my bike practice to Wednesdays and Fridays and run on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Is it possible to practice the interval of the run once a week on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday?

• Hi Patrick

The bike practice menu on every Sunday is pretty tough.

About 60 minutes is the limit so far. Now I am using a watt bike.

How can I do it?

• Hi Patrick

I have two bikes. red bike shiv 52-36,12-28 Cervelo new P5 52-36,12-25

Do you have any recommended gear size?

Should I change the gear size depending on the terrain?

What kind of disc wheel would you like?

Go Aono

• @GO AONO Thank you for your messages...posting here is sufficient, you do not need to also send emails unless you have waited for 2 days to hear from me! 👍

First, let's fix your forum signature. You can submit a picture and information here: Signature Generator Form

Second, Yes, you can Bike Wed/Fri and run Tue/Th (I see it is set up that way in Final Surge Now). Eventually, you will be biking long on back-to-back days (usually Saturday and Sunday) but for now it is okay.

Third, Yes the Sunday rides will be hard. Please try this for this weekend:

• 20' warm up. Build from Zone 1 to Zone 2 heart rate.
    • 20' in Zone 3 @ steady effort, 5' in Zone 1 to Zone 2, refuel.
    • Done.

This will allow you to get the work done by breaking it up with short periods of rest...okay?

Fourth, you will want the 12/28 cassette. You can put it on your P5 if you want, should be easy to swap (but chain+cassette may not play nice). You need the 28 until you get stronger on the bike, for now we will use it to keep your watts down when climbing!

Fifth, I am not picky for disc wheels...most of them are the same. I recommend getting one that is the same rim type as your other wheels (aluminum, or carbon) so you don't have to worry about different brake pads) and, of course, it should be 11-speed to play nice with your cassettes. Feel free to post anything you have here with pictures, I love to look at bike gear!

Please keep those questions coming!

~ Coach P

• Coach Patrick

Thank you for your reply.

It was very easy to understand.

About the Run

After practicing a bike, my heartbeat will go up quickly even at TRP pace. Do you have any tips for controlling it?

The load of the run is low so far, but may I go according to this practice menu?

Do I need to do things like run intervals?[

Go Aono

• @GO AONO - The HR will go up, but do not worry.

1. It will get better over time, so be patient from week to week.
    2. Focus on breathing deeply from you belly, not from your chest. Best to make sure you do a few deep exhalations (breathing out fully) to help "reset" your breathing if needed.
    3. Keep your cadence nice and high in the 180 rpm range.

About the run "load" it will go up by the end of this month...it's important that we get you fit, and that we have room left to peak you for your race. Too many miles now and we won't be able to peak to prepare for the race!

~ Coach P

• Hi Patrick

1 Thank you for arranging the bike menu.

I was able to achieve it this time.

It was easier than the last time and I could achieve more than the target. The last set was done 40 minutes in a row and zone 4 was added.

Thank you so much.

2 I'm thinking of driving outside next Sunday. How can I arrange the bike ABP menu?

Should I aim to keep zone 3 for 80minutes?

I practice bike three times a week now, but should I add more interval practice when I have time?

• Go -

I am glad to hear that the menu is more achievable. Let us continue moving
    forward with that through December.

In training outside sounds like fun. You should endeavor to stay as close
    to zone three as possible, but do not force it during the ride. Instead, do
    a quality ride and when you get back afterwards take a look at your
    results. Ideally you will have a cumulative 80 minutes in the right zone.
    Another words, I do not want you to ruin the fun of training outside by
    staring at your bicycle computer the whole time! 😀

We do not want to do bonus time on the bike just yet. If you do have bonus
    training time, I recommend including some shorter runs. Even a additional 2
    mile run can make a big difference in the course of a week. Especially if
    you sneak two or three of them in according to your schedule. These are not
    about running fast, it is about building durability! We can do extra
    cycling come January.

• Hi Patrick

1:This is bike and run data from Malaysia.

Could you analyze the data when you have time?

I want to use it for future practice.

2:Please give me some advice for my training if you have any.

3:I'm going to Miyakojima for two consecutive weeks from the last Friday of January to Sunday, and from the first Friday to Sunday of February.

We can practice afternoon on Friday, full day on Saturday, and 2 PM on Sunday.

The island has long triathlon tournaments, so I'm thinking about practicing mainly on bike. There is no environment where you can swim.

What kind of menu should I organize?

I will not be in a hurry so please take care of it.

Go Aono

• I have your received your message and will look at it this week!

• Hi Patrick

I know you are busy right now, but I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks to your wonderful lessons, my fitness has improved a lot.

Go Aono

• @GO AONO Now that everyone is sleeping before christmas, I can make this video! Too crazy here... 🤣

So, I see several issues with your day...but all are solvable.

• First, your Bike Started too hard...You rode too hard for the first 10 miles, keeping your heart rate high. Instead, we want you to take your first 10 miles easy, so you can get your Heart Rate down, closer to the HR you see on a long ride day.

• Second, you rode up the hills on the course too hard, sometimes 100w higher than your baseline pace. I don't know what your target watts were, but you can see how up and down and up and down the power line goes. This means you worked hard up the hills but didn't get any speed going down them (you were coasting instead of pedaling).  
    • ThIrd, this is really costly to your body, as you can see from your heart rate going up and down. This makes a normal bike ride really challenging due to excessive fatigue and dehydration.

• Finally, your run also started off too fast, and you slowed down. We all slow down in an IM, but the goal is that your Run Heart Rate is as close to your Bike Heart Rate for the first few miles until you are settled in. We don't have heart rate data for the run 😭 But I can see from the pace just how fast you went in that early mile or two.
    • Interesting to note that you run faster with a better cadence. You were high 170s (176, 178) early on, but as you got tired you spent more time at 170 to 172. This means we need to make sure that Cadence and Heart Rate are visible to you on the main screen of your watch. This will make sure you are controlling the right variables.
    • I think you ran well, but the aggressive bike (perhaps the wrong gears could have contributed) and the heat made a good effort run much slower than it should have been. Next time We do a better job of managing the aid stations, and we improve that bike by making you ride more steadily!
    • You can learn more about Ironman pacing Online here, please start at the section titled "III. Race Execution Basics"

About Your Training Week"end at the end of January

This is just about the time you transition to the "regular" training plan. I think this is a good time for us to add some volume into your season, but for the 70.3 and eventually IM Philippines.

I want to be respectful of the fact you are training with your friends...so here are my suggestions but you can modify:

Friday:

• Short Bike (60') and Run (30').
    • Have a good dinner!

Saturday:

• Morning Stretch and Core with Breakfast.
    • Ride very long and easy in a group setting...ideally 100 miles or 6 hours. You can take a small lunch break during the ride up to 30 minutes.
    • This will be a physical challenge even though you are in Zone 1 to Zone 2 on the bike.
    • Run 30 minutes off the bike, very easy.

Sunday:

• Warm up run of 30 minutes.
    • Small breakfast.
    • Ride a Warm Up of 30 minutes, then a Continuous tempo set of 3 x 30 minutes as 10' @ Zone 1 + 10' @ Zone 2 + 10' @ Zone 3. So this will be 30 min warm up + 90 min of main set. If you are in a group, ou can take turns pulling on the front to simulate the work.
    • If you have time, complete a short run of two miles (one mile out, one mile back)

Monday: OFF

Tuesday: Easy Bike Only

Wednesday: Back on time...

• Patrick

Thank you for ordering Castelli cycle jersey.

My question is, is my data being looked at by Patrick on Coach EN?

Will you give me regular advice or should I ask you some questions?

I've been busy lately and haven't been able to ask questions.

I would appreciate it if you could give me advice regularly because I want to be strong.

So far, I've been working on the menu and I think my performance is gradually improving.

We are having a hard time because the bike is strong.

I will do my best.

There's so much information on the site that it's hard to read everything.

Is there any wiki of EN that I should read?

• @GO AONO - thank you for the email. I do have your data here, and I do review it. As a CoachEN athlete we should "Check In" 1x a month to see where you are at. Since we are far apart we can do this here in the forums...

Training: In addition to Final Surge, can you please update your Strava so I can do more analysis? Here is info: http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=Strava+Central This way I can see your training log.

Race Prep: Here is your race power plan for IM Philipenes: https://www.bestbikesplit.com/client/154442

• Flat: 170w
    • Minor Hill/Headwind: 190w
    • Medium Hill: 205w
    • Major Hill: 215w
    • Descent at 150w

The time is estimated to be 5:22:xx; TSS for the race will turn out to be 219, and the Intensity Factor: .64

I am curious to hear what you think of those numbers.

Overall, I would like to see you start to increase the bike training as you continue into February. Right now your weekly run mileage is approximately 35 miles...more than enough for an Ironman. But your bike training time and run training time are equal...even though 112 miles (bike) is 4x larger than 26 miles (marathon). Are you prepared to do more of that work?

~ Patrick

• Also here are 2018 IM Philipenes results...it's only one year so not significant, but you should know this...

• I participated in a race sponsored by EN the other day.

I was very happy that you talked to me on the way.😀

It was very fun.

But I was disqualified because I was too far away from the beacon on the way.

Next, be careful about grouping.

I have some question and answer about your question

1 Bike practice time

What is a good ratio of motorcycle and run practice time?

2 Regarding the contents of bike practice

What should be added to the two or three high intensity exercises per week specified by EN, and the long weekend low intensity exercises?

A or B

For example, A 1 hour and a half to 3 hours of Zwift race (about 70% the strength of FTP)

B one hour of high-intensity training (TSS 85)

Thank you for your advice on how to run a bike in Ironman Philippines.

I think I can go, but I'm worried because I've been running for more than five hours.

I am getting used to bike practice, but I cannot achieve my goal.

If Icannot complete the menu,I will consult you.

I would like some advice on how to run at Half Iron man in the Philippines in March.

What is the most important thing that the you are aware of in bike practice?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thank you very much for your very good advice.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your continued support.

• Strava's name has changed.

I've signed up as a team member.

Is it possible to see my data with this?

Also, I have registered the training peak, so could you refer to it?

• @GO AONO - it was great to see you on the bike ride! Given the difference in time zones between New York City and Japan, I assume that was not a normal time for you. Thank you for making the effort to join us.

That ride is unique because we build the effort and it gets harder and harder as we go. Many people need to try several times to get used to the rhythm of the work out. Even if you can't train with us, I am pleased to see that you are doing good work on Zwift. If you don't follow him already Tsutomu Iwabuchi is a big zwift leader of good steady state rides...you might want to say hi and try a ride with him.

For the extra riding, let's have you try something similar to what you just did this past weekend...ride Sat + Sun, but Sun is shorter and pre run. I moved the next two workouts for you in Final Surge for you to see as an example. Let me know if you agree:

For the intensity question...we need a bit of both. quality Tue/Thu work to make your FTP go up by pushing on the tip top. Then good endurance riding on the weekend to push your fitness up (from the bottom). The diversity of top vs bottom is important so you don't get too tired.

For 70.3 in march, this is sustained race pace at .78 to .82 IF, or % of FTP. The real key here is to use this as a chance to improve your hydration plan and to run well off the bike. I don't want you to motorcycle super fast and go slow on the run; we want a steady bike (maybe not your best 70.3 effort by the numbers) followed by a good tough run in the heat.

Your homework: tell me more about your hydration plan / fueling plan for the bike. Everything is per hour, so how many ounces of fluid / hour, how many gels/blocks/food per hour, in both, how many carbohydrates and how much sodium. You should be able to find information on the packets of your food.

Here is how you fix your Strava: Profile --> Privacy --> Training Log --> Settings and I can see it.

For training peaks, you can send me your username and password for my records to this email: ppisaj2s@inbound.intercom-mail.com Thanks!

~ Patrick